Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’d be political suicide if Trump started a full scale, boots-on-the-ground war with Iran in an election year, I don’t see this escalating.

Even if Iran sees this as an act of war what are they going to do, invade us
    It's going to be asymmetrical, and it may last awhile.

Another refinery fire and mining the Strait of Hormuz could cause an oil price e and worldwide recession all by itself.

Assassination, cyberwarfare, attacks on US interests and personnel with proxy forces in five or six countries in the. region. Iran could decide to start killing US citizens in their custody.

Those are just a few possibilities.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting: consider the trend of US wars against weaker opponents over the last 50 years. No matter how many battles we win, we generally lose the war.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love the instant resort to "War is Peace" rhetoric.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love the instant resort to "War is Peace" rhetoric.
    standard Repug Orwellian Newspeak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't you have 20 cats to tend to? stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predates GOP hegemony and hardly peculiar to Republicans. Most of the Dems were doing it too in 2003. Same thing for the War in Yugoslavia, the one no one talks about anymore.

You either have a short memory or an ideologically rigid one, boutons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

getting kicked out and not wanting to leave thus becoming a foreign occupying force

bringing demicracy to Iraq

#ISISAirforce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY you will love this one

Mossad Director Yossi Cohen bragged that his agency could easily target Quds Force Commander Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani for elimination, telling an Israeli magazine in October that Soleimani knew “that his elimination is not impossible.”

According to Cohen, the reason Soleimani had not yet been targeted was because he had “not yet made a mistake which put him in the list of Mossad’s liquidators.”

The Mossad chief did not specify what sort of “mistake” this would have to be, but did say that the Quds Force commander’s actions were “identified and felt everywhere,” and that “there’s no doubt that the infrastructure he built presents a serious challenge to Israel.”

Mossad is worse than CIA probably an agency equivalent to Nazi SS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first time we invaded Iraq it was because Kuwait's sovereignty and international boundaries were disrespected.

Supposing there were some country powerful enough to do it, why wouldn't they be justified in ejecting the USA from Iraq for the same reasons?

As ever, it's not about the reasons, or building democracy or any of that happy horse .

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny watching Trump's "Drain the Swamp" cultists do a 180 to full neocon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely predictable. It's all about following the leader and adopting party diktat. Authoritarians require a great deal of ethical flexibilty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be asymmetrical, and it may last awhile.

Another refinery fire and mining the Strait of Hormuz could cause an oil price e and worldwide recession all by itself.

Assassination, cyberwarfare, attacks on US interests and personnel with proxy forces in five or six countries in the. region. Iran could decide to start killing US citizens in their custody.

Those are just a few possibilities.
    They were doing that anyhow. The killing of Americans and plotting against us could be seen as a prelude to war. Why act like they were watching football when they were suddenly attacked out of nowhere?

Last thing they want, regardless of how reckless they run their mouths, is to piss off Israel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's really funny is watching you gender confused leftists panic over this like Iran is going to come through your doors tonight and beat your asses. Some of you going so far as to issue apologies to Iran via Twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mossad Director Yossi Cohen bragged that his agency could easily target Quds Force Commander Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani for elimination, telling an Israeli magazine in October that Soleimani knew “that his elimination is not impossible.”

According to Cohen, the reason Soleimani had not yet been targeted was because he had “not yet made a mistake which put him in the list of Mossad’s liquidators.”

The Mossad chief did not specify what sort of “mistake” this would have to be, but did say that the Quds Force commander’s actions were “identified and felt everywhere,” and that “there’s no doubt that the infrastructure he built presents a serious challenge to Israel.”

So how many antisemitic types are here on ST?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC assailing strawmen hammer and tongs. He carries a shield for Trump and every boneheaded thing he does.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BOOM. hater is woke AF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WATCH: Counter-protesters chased from anti-war rally with chants of ‘Nazis out’

a gang of far-right counter-protesters tried to insert themselves into a protest against war with Iran,

carrying virulently anti-Semitic signs like “Zionists lie! Americans die!” and

“Deport Kushner” with Stars of David surrounding his face.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/watch-counter-protesters-chased-from-anti-war-rally-with-chants-of-nazis-out/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

How will/if Trash tweet about "Deport (Jew) Kushner" from the Very Fine People AmeriKKKans whom Trash has emboldened out of the closet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting: consider the trend of US wars against weaker opponents over the last 50 years. No matter how many battles we win, we generally lose the war.
    Conclusion: US should fight stronger opponents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC assailing strawmen hammer and tongs. He carries a shield for Trump and every boneheaded thing he does.
    Are you also antisemitic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ’35 targets are within our reach’: Iranian official issues retaliatory threat after killing of Suleimani

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/35-targets-are-within-our-reach-iranian-official-issues-retaliatory-threat-after-killing-of-suleimani/

Tough talk, but will they shoot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude sure is working double duty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was never possible for the U.S. to 'win' in Iraq, but Trump is showing how badly we can lose

there’s something else that probably tipped Trump’s hand when it came to taking
    “far out” action.

Under Donald Trump,

the situation in Iraq has utterly disintegrated,

and not just in the failing-to-make-progress sense that has plagued every administration since the original mistake.

Trump’s inattention to Iraq,

his withdrawal from the nuclear treaty with Iran,

his betrayal of the Kurds,

his closeness to Saudi autocrat Mohammed bin Salman,

his generally erratic strategy-free approach to the Middle East

All of it has contributed to not just

failing to collect any payoff from America’s $1 trillion boondoggle,

but to

pushing Iraq into a union with Iran that represents a whole new level of disaster.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1909384

USA has horribly weakened Iraq to get at its oil, so now Iraq could be seeking help against America from the much stronger Iran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude sure is working double duty
    says the poster dropping 3x tweets with exact same story, then disavowing the importance of them.

end of world, pro Iranian Columbian Spurs fan.

Thread Information