Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory...&photo=8455148

Check out #4
    Robert Horry, Spurs

Robert Horry doesn't get a whole lot of attention during the regular season, but when the playoffs come around he is getting more publicity than the Beckhams. Yeah, big names are born in the playoffs, but let's examine his career average stats: seven points and 4.8 rebounds. "Sure," you say, "but he saves his game for the playoffs when it counts." Horry's career averages for the playoffs are 8.4 points and 5.8 rebounds. He shoots 42 percent in the regular season and 43 percent in the playoffs. Those shots in the final minute have been clutch, no doubt, but what about the other 47 minutes in the game?

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    most bull list ever.

take Wade, Horry, and Battier off of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Battier and Marion as one and two is a good call. Those two are massively overrated. I'm not sure if Yao is more overrated or just injury prone. Wade is definitely just injury prone. Healthy, Wade is a beast.

The writer made a mistake of looking at numbers when it comes to Horry. Although he fell off the last few years, in his career he was deathly clutch offensively and defensively. There isn't a stat for that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Battier is a very good player dont know how he can be considered overated. Strong defender and rebounder, can get to the rim, draws fouls and has no plays run for him yet still gets 9ppg.

Wade is overrated.

Yao, just injury prone but when he plays he is top 10-12 player in the league

YOU WANT OVERRATED AMARE DUDIMIRE. No D, and if it wasnt for nash making him look good and his over inflated numbers due to style of play no one would talk about the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 james
    #2 james
    #3 james
    #4 james
    #5 james

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How the is battier overrated? The guy finished 2nd for DPOY! ( voted on by coaches)

And Horry?!?!?!??! The guy has earned his "Big shot" name for his ability to make it count when it matters most.

Hmm......there going after the spurs,rockets and heat....i wonder what kind of fan wrote this.

HINT* (THEY ARE THE ONLY TX TEAM BESIDES THE ROCKETS AND SPURS)

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 james
    #2 james
    #3 james
    #4 james
    #5 james

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I would aregue that while Horry made the most of his opportunities in the clutch and the postseason, that he is somewhat overrated. Maybe not enough to be on this list, but he's never been an All-Star caliber player, and yet after every ring he racks up there's always a mention of "HOF?" ... He's had the luxery of playing alongside the three best big men of the last 25 years. He got lucky to be drafted by Houston, and then stumbled into playing with Shaq in LA, but did choose to play with Duncan. The one destination where it required effort to elevate a team he threw a towel in the face of the coach, quitting before he ever really started. He wasn't interested in playing hard. He wanted a coat-tail ride all the way to the le. Sure, he enabled his teams to win them by hitting several pivotal shots, and sure he was a solid defender for most of his career, but he didn't want to carry the load, and he certainly didn't put in effort where the eventual reward wasn't a le.

That always bothered me, just how easily he quit when he was asked to work hard to win. Now, I know the backstory behind his towel-throwing incident, so I know there was a running fued with Ainge anyways, but Horry never seemed to care whether the Suns won or lost, nor did he ever seem to do a thing about it.

He's built a legacy, for sure, but his at ude has kept him from being twice the player he could have been.

Marion is probably overrated, but don't you have to be rated first before you can be overrated? Marion overrates himself, but I don't think the media hypes him to levels of greatness that he doesn't fulfill. He's a whiney most times, and is certainly full of himself, but he's a 20-10 player for most of his career. Now, his defense is overrated, but that's just one aspect. Maybe that's enough, though...

Battier gets hyped because he went to Duke. Almost all Dukees get that "pass" as far as media coverage/boot-licking. He's a very good defensive player who plays hard and smart. Hard to say he's overrated, because I don't think too many rate him very highly overall.

I think Yao is as overrated as McGrady or Francis ever were. He's unlucky, to be sure, but I've never even seen a healthy Yao dominate the way the press makes it sound, or play as fantastic as his skill set is described.

"You were supposed to be this colossus. You were this great legendary thing, and yet he gains!"

That line from The Princess Bride is all I ever think of when I see Ming play. I can see him actually belonging.

Wade is not overrated enough to be on this list. Sometimes the media overstates his ability/greatness, but when healthy, he's as good as there is in the League. Injuries make it seem like he's underachieved, but I don't think he has.

Overall I'd say Yao definitely belongs in the top five, with Horry and Marion being probables, Battier a maybe, and Wade a no chance.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's hard to call Marion overrated anymore, because everyone knows he sucks now and was a product of the system. It's kind of like back when the whole world had already come to the conclusion that Allan Houston and Eddie Jones sucked.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just saw this and am glad a discussion is already going. It's just one writer's opinion, we should offer ours....

who would I pick?

no order, and since I'm exhausted, I'm only picking Lakers.

Radmonivich. He is good for spurts but that's about it. He was pressed into a starting role due to injuries. We expect him to light things up, but he isn't consistent.
    Vujacic: He goes in spurts too. True he has gotten better with his game, but hasn't proven enough yet. He promised to improve in off season and the contract we gave him says we believe him.
    Odom: Trade bait every year, has flashes of brilliance and sometimes disappears. Bad at the free throw line. Needs to live up to his potential as well, and more frequently.
    Gasol: Yeah, you guys say he's soft. Maybe he'll listen. He isn't a true center and that's where he had to play last year. So, we haven't seen his full potential yet with this Laker unit.
    Bynum: Only because you guys say he is overrated. Honestly, he still has things to prove, let's give him a chance.

Go ahead, call the Lakers anything you want. The late Chick Hearn, our broadcaster for 40 years, called things as he saw them. When LA stank, we knew it. However, the road to the NBA finals goes through LA this year!

Go ahead folks, about the players on the team you love the most as I just did!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead folks, about the players on the team you love the most as I just did!
    Last year this time, Jacque Vaughn was easily the most overrated player on the Spurs. Now? Probably Kurt Thomas.

If you want to go by what the national media says, for some reason the national media either vastly overrates or underrates Ginobili. One second he's the best player on the team and more important than Duncan, the next second he's blamed for all that ills the Spurs. The national media just can't grasp the fact that Ginobili is a damn good player when healthy, although he's not the best player on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry was good when it counted.
    Horry was clutch in the money time.

It is the opposite of overrated !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year this time, Jacque Vaughn was easily the most overrated player on the Spurs. Now? Probably Kurt Thomas.
    I'll probably agree with this, though the most overrated player that the Spurs own rights to is easily James Gist.

Most underrated? Matt Bonner, no doubt. What people don't realize about him is that he is actually capable of playing basketball in the NBA. I'm not saying he's likely to make anyone's starting 5, but if he's given minutes he can contribute to any team in the NBA, including the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of like back when the whole world had already come to the conclusion that Allan Houston and Eddie Jones sucked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll probably agree with this, though the most overrated player that the Spurs own rights to is easily James Gist.

Most underrated? Matt Bonner, no doubt. What people don't realize about him is that he is actually capable of playing basketball in the NBA. I'm not saying he's likely to make anyone's starting 5, but if he's given minutes he can contribute to any team in the NBA, including the Spurs.
    Matt Bonner had good stats when he played for Toronto.
    Being in the doghouse is not good for your confidence.
    Maybe with some regular playing time and a little faith from Pop ?...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously the list was written by a mavs fan. the list sucked. IMO, 5 overrated are

5. Richard Hamilton - i've never seen why he has been invited to the all-star game 3 straight times.
    4. Kevin Garnett - he had to get his first ring w/ help from pierce and allen. choker!
    3. Dirk Nowitzki - another choker
    2. Steve Nash - no doubt he's one of the best passers and shooters, but he cant play d at all.
    1. Agent 0/Pau Gasol - Agent 0: the wizards were better off w/o him. Pau Gasol: lol. i remember people having orgasms over the signing of this guy. soft or what. watch the finals again and dont tell me he messed up alot.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Iverson and no one else is even a close 2nd.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Iverson and no one else is even a close 2nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. KG is a stat monster but he shies away from the big shot during the biggest moments.

2. Paul Pierce had one really good playoff run....and decided he was the best player on the planet.

3. Ray Allen was a no show through most of the playoffs and has always been a one dimensional player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner had good stats when he played for Toronto.
    Being in the doghouse is not good for your confidence.
    Maybe with some regular playing time and a little faith from Pop ?...

Dang Bonner's career is going down the poop shoot here.

ian is our savior Magic_Johnson's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously the list was written by a mavs fan. the list sucked. IMO, 5 overrated are

5. Richard Hamilton - i've never seen why he has been invited to the all-star game 3 straight times.
    4. Kevin Garnett - he had to get his first ring w/ help from pierce and allen. choker!
    3. Dirk Nowitzki - another choker
    2. Steve Nash - no doubt he's one of the best passers and shooters, but he cant play d at all.
    1. Agent 0/Pau Gasol - Agent 0: the wizards were better off w/o him. Pau Gasol: lol. i remember people having orgasms over the signing of this guy. soft or what. watch the finals again and dont tell me he messed up alot.
    if you are a spurs fan, you can't call Dirk a choker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory...&photo=8455148

Check out #4
    Robert Horry, Spurs

Robert Horry doesn't get a whole lot of attention during the regular season, but when the playoffs come around he is getting more publicity than the Beckhams. Yeah, big names are born in the playoffs, but let's examine his career average stats: seven points and 4.8 rebounds. "Sure," you say, "but he saves his game for the playoffs when it counts." Horry's career averages for the playoffs are 8.4 points and 5.8 rebounds. He shoots 42 percent in the regular season and 43 percent in the playoffs. Those shots in the final minute have been clutch, no doubt, but what about the other 47 minutes in the game?

Having Rob's big shots go in for your team is worth all the praise and pennies he has earned.

Don't hate. Appreciate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was obviously written before these Olympics started. Wade is a BEAST in China. It's really nice to see that he's back all the way from bad injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any over-rated list that does not include Gilbert Arenas at #1 is just flat out wrong. Garnett @ #2,and the rest could be anyone.

Wade and Yao? They are just injury prone, definitely not overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5. Iverson - couldn't do with Anthony, Smith, Nene, and Camby.
    4. Garnett - was the 3rd best player on his team in the finals.
    3. Battier - overrated defense, not great offensively.
    2. Marion - whiny tweener.
    1. Arenas - just got a near max contract from a team that was literally better without him.

Thread Information