My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it'd come to this eventually. Which console do I get it for? I like the achievments on the 360, but I'm thinking the PS3 would look a little better? I haven't seen anything about exclusive features for either, so I'm stuck on which one to get. I plan on picking it up on the way home from work, so do your best to convince me.

Or maybe I should just get it on the Wii?

Anyone else with multiple consoles have a process on deciding on which to buy when it comes to multiplatform games?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone says that 2k9 has a better graph on 360 . i haven't played both of these two consoles , can't give you too much feedback . but i if were you i will get all of them (ps3 360 wii)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    360 then sell your ps3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone says that 2k9 has a better graph on 360 . i haven't played both of these two consoles , can't give you too much feedback . but i if were you i will get all of them (ps3 360 wii)
    Untrue. Graphics between the consoles are virtually equal. (Look it up.) I'm on the playstation network if you want to run a game. =)

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I'd bet the ps3 version is just a port of the 360 version. Therefore, I'd go 360.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I left work before I saw any of these messages. I picked up the PS3 version, which I'm happy with. I don't have a lot of games on the PS3 yet, so I thought I'd expand my library a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd bet the ps3 version is just a port of the 360 version. Therefore, I'd go 360.
    Please stop talking unless you actually know what you're talking about. Seriously. It's ridiculous. No game gets "ported" to the Ps3 through the 360 when they're both released on the SAME DAY. Do you even know what a "port" is?.

360 fanboyism is just ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please stop talking unless you actually know what you're talking about. Seriously. It's ridiculous. No game gets "ported" to the Ps3 through the 360 when they're both released on the SAME DAY. Do you even know what a "port" is?.

I'll whupp up on you Havoc once I get it. Give me a couple if days to get used to it though,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its kinda like that gay PC boy band craze around here

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count

Why you gotta be such a bruce? A port is simply transforming the engine/source code of a game, so as to play it on a different system. It has nothing to do with timelines and release dates. What, do you think they develop games 4x over and independently for all the various platforms?

No, like all games, with 2k9 they did a lead development on one system and then ported it to the others. Maybe I should have said lead developed for 360, but who cares about nomenclature?

And truly, I don't even know if 2k9 was lead developed on the 360, hence the "I bet" qualifier at the beginning of my statement. It was my opinion because the vast majority of multi-platform les are lead developed on the 360. In any case- it was a statement that was clearly just my opinion and clearly I admitted that it might be fallible; so is there a reason you're being such a face about it?

Says the guy who just spent a bunch of posts debating whether or not to get a ps3, the guy who just bought said ps3, the guy who just changed his avatar to a ps3, the guy who just nailed my nuts to the wall over 13 words I wrote in uncertain conjecture about one 360 game. Yeah, somebody's a fanboy allright.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    insult a wii and you'll see him really go ape .

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have both. The ps3 is not even close to the 360, as far as games, and online go.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's not a bad thing necessarily for a PS3 game to be a port of an X360 game. When I worked at a very major game publisher, all our next gen games were ports from the PS2 codebase, and many of them were huge hits that were great on the next-gen systems.

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have 2K9 for the 360, hit me up for some team-up games.

GT: ClingingMars

-Mars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew exactly what you meant and when I saw the other post getting mad it made me LOL.

I also have both systems and I will get it for the Xbox because there online community is stronger and more users have mics. If you want to try the 5 on 5 where everyone controls one player the whole game you really need to speak to each other to set up plays.

Sometimes I just get the game for both systems when it's a great game, Last game I did that with was Call of Duty 4, I did this because my PS3 online friends and my Xbox online friends wanted me to play with them. CoD4 was such a excellent game I had no problem supporting them buying 2 copies for me and I even bought one for my friend who was down on his luck at the time.

Thread Information