View Poll Results: Who Should Get Waived Next?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Malik Hairstron

28 23.93%
  • Anthony Tolliver

42 35.90%
  • Desmon Farmer

47 40.17%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expecting that neither JV nor Bonner will be traded make your choice...

I am including Tolliver since his contract is not fully guaranteed and he could get cut as well doesn't matter how much of a lock he sounded to be by Pop... he has mislead us before...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tolliver seems to be a lock. Who I think will get cut is a tough one, between Hairston and Farmer. But as to who I think SHOULD get cut, I say Tolliver.

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i chose Malik Hairstron...well because his name was spelled wrong...LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as pure talent and potential goes, I think I would cut Tolliver. However, with the lack of big-man depth, I think Tolliver fills more of a "worst-case scenario" need than Farmer, so I expect Farmer to get the axe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you asked "who should" and not "who will..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tolliver seems to be a lock. Who I think will get cut is a tough one, between Hairston and Farmer. But as to who I think SHOULD get cut, I say Tolliver.
    Ditto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on tolliver being cut. From what I seen he dosn't realy bring anything to the team we dont have allready other then being a chunker(I dont think I have seen him pass the ball once it get to him yet) I'm just not sold that a high valume shooter(chunk it untill it eventually goes in) works all that well in the spurs system, and I much rather see a silent assassin type shooter,one that will sneak in and take those good high% shots.

Ahh but of course the powers of the mancrash is strong so I doubt we will see cutting him even close to an option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tolliver, most definately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying I hate the guy (Tolliver), but Farmer and Hairston bring the spurs things they do not have much of.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farmer has to go. I have explained why in other threads but Ill give you the short version. Bonner sucks and Ian is a mystery...so its safe to say there is trouble on the front line. Even with his deficiencies, Tolliver does enough to keep Bonner on the bench. That in itself is a huge positive. Hairston is a better all around player and a better prospect for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairston. He brings nothing new to the table at the moment.

Tolliver, eventhough he's been sucking. Is a bigger body. He could guard the bigger forwards. Farmer needs to be kept. he is fast, can shoot and even athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn funny we all pick different players.

my opinion is based on last night's game where Hairston looked slow and he does not have much hops. not to mention he missed everything.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my opinion is based on last night's game where Hairston looked slow and he does not have much hops. not to mention he missed everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farmer has to go. I have explained why in other threads but Ill give you the short version. Bonner sucks and Ian is a mystery...so its safe to say there is trouble on the front line. Even with his deficiencies, Tolliver does enough to keep Bonner on the bench. That in itself is a huge positive. Hairston is a better all around player and a better prospect for the future.
    I'd be very surprised if Tolliver takes any significant minutes away from Bonner. I think Bonner averages 14-17 minutes per game, and Tolliver spends most of the season in Austin.

That said, I agree that Tolliver needs to stay on the 15-man roster to add slightly more depth to the big man situation. Either that, or find another big man via trade or other teams' training camp waivers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has to be between Tolliver and Hairston, because farmer is a for sure keeper. Tolliver and hairston are both talents that can be replaced i dont see too many people dropping 4 3pointers in a quarter like desmon did last night . KEEP DESMOND FARMER FO SHO!

obligatory troll smasher Flux451's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring, size, or athlectism. Damn, everything we need.

Farmer, someone who has proved consistent scoring.

Tolliver, provides size and decent scoring, offensive rebounding.

Hairston, all around athlectism, a lot like udoka but more energy.

Provided last years run from the beginning, we need scoring and we need size to defend bigs in west.

So, I say cut Hairston.

Damn, Bonner and Vaughn to Bball !!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    am i the only one who couldnt care less about this subject?

i think most everyone thinks tolliver is a lock from what we have all read/seen, so it comes down to farmer and hairston, right? between the two, i dont care whether either one makes it, or if both get cut, or if bonner spontaneously combusted and both had a spot. they are end of the bench fodder (upgraded from the original camp fodder position), and i hope neither sees minute one on the court.

we are four deep on the wings (five after manu is back) and all four are clearly better than either of these two new options. maybe one of them fills in for 8 or so minutes a game until everything gets settled, but before long either one will be wearing a suit or waving a towel.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sorry, but Hairston shot better than Tolliver, outrebounded him, played great defense, was good in transition, and played some point guard. Your opinion would seem to be based on something other than last night's game.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm sure I don't understand Pop's man crushes, but they have nothing to do with production on the court. Pop stood up and cheered when Tolliver needed three tries to lay the ball in when he should have just dunked it, but there was no reaction whatsoever when Farmer was nailing those threes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now the spurs should keep the best players, not ones who fit a certain need. if the spurs keep farmer, it will make either mason or farmer himself expendable. that means the spurs will finally able to have some trade bait to package with bonner or vaughn later on.

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    am i the only one who couldnt care less about this subject?

i think most everyone thinks tolliver is a lock from what we have all read/seen, so it comes down to farmer and hairston, right? between the two, i dont care whether either one makes it, or if both get cut, or if bonner spontaneously combusted and both had a spot. they are end of the bench fodder (upgraded from the original camp fodder position), and i hope neither sees minute one on the court.

we are four deep on the wings (five after manu is back) and all four are clearly better than either of these two new options. maybe one of them fills in for 8 or so minutes a game until everything gets settled, but before long either one will be wearing a suit or waving a towel.
    For someone who could care less you've written more about it then anybody in this thread, kinda ironic eh?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone who could care less you've written more about it then anybody in this thread, kinda ironic eh?
    im a walking contradiction...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the Spurs turn Vaughn into a coach, dump Bonner and keep the young guys. As it is, I think all three of those guys on your list have possibilities and I hate to see any of them not given a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan

Thread Information