Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' treatment of Duncan may help Cavs keep James
    Mike Monroe

With hysteria already building in Ohio about LeBron James’ free-agency summer of 2010, it should not be lost on prospective suitors that James has cited his admiration for Tim Duncan’s loyalty to the Spurs.

Spurs coach and president of basketball operations Gregg Popovich, of course, often jokes that Duncan is the real boss of everything Spurs-related, but it is no joke that Duncan is consulted whenever the team considers important player moves.

Cavs coach Mike Brown got his B.A. in coaching under Popovich, so news that Brown has created a Captaincy by Committee for his team is no great surprise.

Brown’s approach makes even more sense, relative to the Cavs’ desperate desire to build James’ loyalty. He is on The Committee, along with veteran center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, new point guard Mo Williams and veteran power forward Ben Wallace.

The Committee meets regularly, and discusses everything from disciplinary issues to where the team stays on the road.

If James feels a bond of brotherhood with his three fellow captains, well, The Committee may be the best bit of coaching of Brown’s career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty badly written article. Then again what more do we expect from Monroe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do I care about james
    you are paid to write on the spurs
    james will never be a spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty badly written article. Then again what more do we expect from Monroe.
    I get what he's saying though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part is the plan to have Zydrunas Ilgauskas fly back from his vacation home in Lithuania to convince LeBron to stay.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part is the plan to have Zydrunas Ilgauskas fly back from his vacation home in Lithuania to convince LeBron to stay.

I guess Boozer chose Derek Anderson when the Cavs were selecting Spurs as role models.

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read as always. (seriously thanks 228). I think the Cavs will wake up one day and realize that only the Spurs can run what Spurs started. All of the teams that have molded their teams like ours are not having the success we did. And you cant blame it on talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great post, mrspurs. Thanks for your insight.

Thread Information