Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

suck it spursdynasty: the rox were just beating a team they were supposed to beat, even without tmac. Let's see parker and ginobili come back and the spurs lose by 19? That is called sucking by definition.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He is a coward....he won't even show up i betcha

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    at Spurs getting owned by Luther Head

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    and wtf is wrong with you OP?

Its A$$ not ASS

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Its A$$ not ASS
    re ing lax dude, or I'll, umm kick your A$$

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    at Spurs getting owned by Luther Head
    Luther Head scored more tonight than he did the entire season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Its A$$ not ASS
    Fix that .

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Man, the spurs sucked major camel ass. Pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight we looked a lot like what the Rockets looked like in the first game we played each other...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Tonight we looked a lot like what the Rockets looked like in the first game we played each other...
    except the spurs never led and had the services of parker and ginflopper--but other than that--I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except the spurs never led and had the services of parker and ginflopper--but other than that--I guess.
    We actually sucked on defense tonight, and that's really our fault and nobody else's. But season series is still at 1-1...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Still you need to fix it. It is supposed to be A$$ lol

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Finally Adleman got Artest to play within the system. If Artest passes like he did last night and stops trying to be the go to man and dribble the ball into traffic and jacking up bad shots, the Rockets are going to finally gel and be the team everyone thought they could be.

Rockets roll past Spurs

Head scores 21, plays 41 minutes in McGrady's absence

By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Nov. 30, 2008, 12:40AM

Melissa Phillip Houston Chronicle

Aaron Brooks gets fouled by Spurs guard George Hill during the second quarter. Brooks was instant offense off the bench in the first half, helping the Rockets build a 19-point lead at one point.

Tracy McGrady was right. He said the Rockets did not need him to be Superman, and this time, they didn’t. They finally had Batt-man and Ron Ron. And when that was not enough, the most unlikely of superheroes emerged from a phone booth somewhere to rescue them.

Luther Head, who had played in just five games this season, started in McGrady’s place and then drove the Rockets to a stunning 103-84 rout of the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday night at Toyota Center.
    Head, who had not played since Nov. 15, made seven of 11 shots in scoring 21 points, two more than he had in the season’s first 16 games combined.

“You have to sit down and think and keep yourself ready, keep yourself motivated,” Head said of sitting out so many games. “It’s tough, but if that’s what I have to do, it’s what I have to do.”

Head started against San Antonio last season and was told he was starting Saturday about 30 minutes before the game.

“You get pumped,” he said of his reaction to that news. “It’s, ‘OK, I’m going to get to play tonight. I’m going to get a certain amount of minutes because I’m starting.’

“My teammates found me all the time. It wasn’t like I was just clearing my man out and driving. (I) was making shots, and I was penetrating to the basket and getting it in transition. It just worked today.”
    Everything worked, to the point that in 41 minutes, Head had five rebounds, four assists and zero turnovers.

Ready to play

Shane Battier and Ron Artest combined for 31 points, and a season-high seven Rockets players scored in double figures. But with McGrady and Brent Barry (strained right calf) out, (Battier did not travel with the team to Denver while treating his sore left foot), the Rockets needed someone to step up.

“All the time, you talk about guys who aren’t playing and staying ready and preparing themselves,” coach Rick Adelman said. “With our injuries, Luther had a chance to start, and I just can’t say enough about what he did.

“Chuck (Hayes) was just incredible defensively, so guys who haven’t been playing like the other guys, they were ready to go, and we needed them.”
    Hayes helped hold Tim Duncan to 6-of-18 shooting and a 1-of-9, one-rebound first half. But the difference in the Rockets was on the other end.

Running the offense

The Spurs had held their previous 11 opponents to fewer than 100 points and had gotten Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker back from ankle injuries last week.

The Rockets, however, scored immediately and consistently, topping 100 points with 4:45 left in the game, the first time they had scored 100 against the Spurs since the 2000-2001 season.

“Coach did a good job of demanding that we move the ball, of demanding that I move the ball,” Artest said. “Yao (Ming) did a good job of finding people, and guys played with confidence. We have to build on that.”
    They had just one field goal the rest of the way, but by then, they avoided the issue of closing out games in those last minutes by securing the win much earlier.

They had stopped the bleeding of another opposing comeback midway through the third quarter. All but the last two points of the Rockets’ 19-point first-half lead were gone. The Rockets had been outscored 27-10 in 7˝ minutes to end the first half and start the second, going 1-for-12 in that stretch.

Then Head completed a break and knocked down a 3-pointer, and the Rockets suddenly recovered. He did not score again in the third quarter, but the Rockets had turned things around enough to lead 84-70 heading into the fourth quarter.

He began the quarter with a fast break to a three-point play followed by a slick drive, and the Rockets almost seemed incapable of blowing another lead.

“After the other night, the guys came out and really had energy,” Adelman said. “They did great. The first 18 minutes were about as good as you can get, and then they made their run. Then in the second half, I thought we were just solid all the way through. We played a great game.”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Needs more George Hill mentions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs more George Hill mentions.
    GEORGE
    MOTHA IN
    HILL!!!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Here, I"ll help you misguided Spursfans

23:36 min
    1-8 shooting 12.5%
    1-2 FT 50%
    +/- (-23)
    2 rebounds
    4 fouls
    3 pts

GEORGE HILL SUCKED MAJOR DONKEY A$$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so pitiful to see Rockets' fans glory in Spursdynasty posts and regular season victories, but I can't say I'm surprised. They know where their season is inevitably headed.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Just waiting for Lakersfans to wake up on the West Coast to chime in lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait SPURS fans are now getting talked to them by ROCKETS fans???

Think about that.....

ROCKETS! FANS!

WOW.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, we beat you without manu and tony, and you can beat us without t-mac and barry.
    weird

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wait SPURS fans are now getting talked to them by ROCKETS fans???

Think about that.....

ROCKETS! FANS!

WOW.
    It's so pitiful to see Rockets' fans glory in Spursdynasty posts and regular season victories, but I can't say I'm surprised. They know where their season is inevitably headed.
    they sucked last night. that's all. talking 'bout one game where they were ing pathetic. but its just one game. so gets the s over it.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    wow, we narrowly beat you without manu and tony b/c the rox got comfortable after the big lead, and you can DESTROY us without t-mac and barry.
    weird
    FIXED.

but yes, weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they sucked last night. that's all. talking 'bout one game where they were ing pathetic. but its just one game. so gets the s over it.
    Glad you've put it in context, maybe you can help other Rockets' fans do the same. Because these threads pop up every year of the Yao/T-Mac era, and they never stop being funny.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Glad you've put it in context, maybe you can help other Rockets' fans do the same. Because these threads pop up every year of the Yao/T-Mac era, and they never stop being funny.
    hey man, rox fans are going to rejoice after that big win b/c its the spurs. do u think anyone would give a if we blew out washington or OKC?

take it as a compliment. besides, most rox fans talk b/c of arrogant poster like spursdynasty.

Thread Information