Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I feel like Paul Perice deserves this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shaq

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    least non athletic would be the most athletic

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The least nonathletic superstar in the league?

I'd say Kobe, Lebron, or Amare. Not very nonathletic at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ming

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pierce, Duncan, Yao Ming

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People tend to have a hard time understanding how difficult it is for 7+ footers to move well, let alone play basketball. The fact that neither Duncan nor Yao are highrisers doesn't make them less athletic. There is much more to athleticism, and for 7 footers that is especially how cordinated they are. Therefore I would say Duncan and Yao are very well within the athletic side of the equation.

Pierce is a good guess though, he does it mainly on brute strength. Artest is very similar too, if you wanna consider him a superstar.

If anything Dwight might be a little too stiff I think. He can jump and run like a deer, but his hips just aren't very fluid, he also rarely extends on his shots. He looks weird at times to be honest.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Recently all I have seen is Yao getting rejected, I guess he's losing some of the little athleticism he has or maybe he's still feeling some effects from his foot injury

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    andre miller

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Andre Miller is a superstar?

I'd go with Yao Ming as well.

Steve Nash you could argue has great hand-eye coordination, agility, and very good quickness more than natural speed, but he lacks elite level aspects of athleticism like strength and jumping ability.

Carlos Boozer, although it's arguable he's not a superstar.

Michael Redd, if you consider him a superstar. That's questionable though. But, he does get paid like one.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yao Ming. He's not very strong for his size, definitely isn't fast, his vertical isn't high at all, and he's sucking wind about halfway through the 1st.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yao Ming. He's not very strong for his size, definitely isn't fast, his vertical isn't high at all, and he's sucking wind about halfway through the 1st.
    +1

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Agreed. But all those considered, pretty impressive he's still a "superstar" caliber player in the league. That how good he is at using his height and size advantage and how good his skill level is to compensate for all those athletic shortcomings.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Agreed. But all those considered, pretty impressive he's still a "superstar" caliber player in the league. That how good he is at using his height and size advantage and how good his skill level is to compensate for all those athletic shortcomings.

No doubt he's a very skilled player and his fundamentals are very sound, but has to be, or else he'd be a Chinese Shawn Bradley.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    michael Redd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you actually mean the least athletic player in the league......JJ Re comes to mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan's bank shot says "whats up?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily Tim Duncan

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Redd......Superstar or Allstar?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Ming, then Duncan.

DD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "superstar" is the key word.

gotta be TD. no question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    superstar: Kobe, Lebron, Duncan

so Duncan

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The least nonathletic superstar in the league?

I'd say Kobe, Lebron, or Amare. Not very nonathletic at all.
    Yep
    Lebron being frontrunner.
    Add in Wade too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first three names that come to mind are Duncan, Shaq, and Yao.

Calling Duncan unathletic is probably unfair because we all know how hard he works in the gym and that for what his age and body will allow, Tim is in exceptional shape. But his game has never been based on athleticism, and whatever flashes he used to show of it seemed to disappear after his 2002 knee surgery. Even Tim himself has joked that he can barely jump over a deck of cards.

Yao definitely has very little athleticism to his game. But he has an amazing array of flips and hooks that are deadly when put up from 10 ft high, and he's gotten pretty consistent with that short range jumper. Still, the guy is so big that sometimes it looks like a struggle just for him to get up and down the court.

Shaq has always battled weight problems, but it's that same size that makes him a behemoth in the post and gives him his advantage over most defenders. One has to wonder if that pinkie toe is built to carry all that weight, though, because Shaq has been plagued with foot and ankle injuries through his career.

As far as guards are concerned, my current vote would have to be Jason Kidd. What quickness this guy used to have left about 4 years ago, and every year he looks like an older man on the court, but he's still one of the most amazing points in the game.

John Stockton would have some things to say about this debate, and Matt Bonner also looks like he should be handing out tickets at Santikos or something.

Thread Information