Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    sons it really annoys me that there are only a select few players from each team that have swingman jerseys. For example with the Hornets, I have only seen swingman jerseys for Paul, West, Chandler, and Stojako .... no Posey or anyone else. In other major sports (baseball in particular), you can customize any type of jersey replica, authentic,etc. for any player that you want. In the NBA, the only custom options that I see are for the authentic $250-$275 jerseys or the cheap ass tacky looking $45 "replica" jerseys. Those "replica" jerseys that they sell for $45 aren't even jerseys ... just big T-Shirts with the sleeves cut off. tacky looking .

sons this really annoys me.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Meh, jerseys are for children and foolish looking adults. The swingman shorts at least have functionality in pick-up games. But even then, meh, the NBA makes some pretty thongy ass short shorts.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Meh, jerseys are for children and foolish looking adults. The swingman shorts at least have functionality in pick-up games. But even then, meh, the NBA makes some pretty thongy ass short shorts.
    son the swingman jerseys are the closest thing to the authentic ones, but are cheaper ... $80 compared to $275.

and son they are not bad to wear to games

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    son the swingman jerseys are the closest thing to the authentic ones, but are cheaper ... $80 compared to $275.
    I know they are. And I actually like the quality. And I'm sorry they don't offer more customizable options for you.

My own gripe though has to do with the NBA making thongy shorts. I had someone bring me back a pair of XXL authentic Celtics shorts from the NBA Store in NYC and they barely reached a couple inches above my knee. WTF? The NBA's largest authentic short is apparently based on John Stockton's design or something, but damn, $130.00 bucks down the ing drain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the eff would you want a posey jersey for?

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    you should never wear a jersey if you are over 25 and do not play for the team. I wear a suit to the game so I look more my age

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, jerseys are for children and foolish looking adults.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should never wear a jersey if you are over 25 and do not play for the team. I wear a suit to the game so I look more my age
    ...or because you want to feel important.

But i do agree with your initial statement.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Basketball jerseys are ugly. I don't get why people would want to wear one in the first place.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    ...or because you want to feel important.

But i do agree with your initial statement.
    I wear a suit no matter where I sit, whether it's courtside or the nosebleeds, you have to always look your best. Part of growing up is to put away your jersey and to wear a suit to the game.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    the only time anyone said something to me was when I wore my finest suit and sunglasses to a game against the Wizards last December. I guess they had a problem with me looking good even though I was sitting 2 rows from the top with a bunch of broke losers and it was a cold 20 degree night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wear a suit no matter where I sit, whether it's courtside or the nosebleeds, you have to always look your best. Part of growing up is to put away your jersey and to wear a suit to the game.
    A polo and khakis suits me just fine...and i look damn good.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Part of acting like a stick is shoved up your ass is to put away your jersey and to wear a suit to the game.
    fixed.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    part of looking like a total bag is being 30 years old and wearing a jersey of a guy that is younger than you

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    And that was a joke so don't get offended or anything.....I'm young so I still wear jerseys.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't really wear suits- nor basketball jerseys. Though I do own a couple Ohio State football jerseys, a Josh Cribbs Jersey and a pink Brady Quinn Jersey

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    a pink Brady Quinn Jersey
    yeah I have a pink Leinart Jersey he gave it to me when I was partying in his hot tub

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    If I ever win the lottery and buy courtside season tix, I'm going to go out of my way to dress like a rich, pompous, . Maybe not a suit, but I'll wear something to let all the little people know that I'm the superior human.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If I ever win the lottery and buy courtside season tix, I'm going to go out of my way to dress like a rich, pompous, . Maybe not a suit, but I'll wear something to let all the little people know that I'm the superior human.
    who needs the lottery and courtside seats? Anytime you have tickets is a good time to let others know you are better than they are

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. As long as you're not one of the upper class assholes that stay seated and give
    half ass cheering during the game, then it's fine. If you do, you have no business being at
    the arena/stadium/dome in the first place.
    Indulge yourself as home, let the real fans go the the games.

I rarely wear NBA jerseys to the game, but I find it difficult not to get into a game..

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    That's how I'd be in general if I were ever filthy rich. I wouldn't use toilet paper, I'd use hundred dollar bills. Then when the plumber came by my house and asked what to do with the hundreds he found in my sewage, I'd respond with a simple, "Keep 'em"

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    don't tell me that's not baller. It's almost as badass as the skit on Chapelle show where Chapelle plays a character who sprinkles diamonds on his food.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hmmm. As long as you're not one of the upper class assholes that stay seated and give
    half ass cheering during the game, then it's fine. If you do, you have no business being at
    the arena/stadium/dome in the first place.
    Indulge yourself as home, let the real fans go the the games.

I rarely wear NBA jerseys to the game, but I find it difficult not to get into a game..
    Wearing a suit and talking on your cell phone all game doesn't mean you are an upperclass asshole. You know some people can't devote a whole day to going to a basketball game. We need to conduct business whenever possible

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Yup, when you're investing on the world stage it's important to remember that the market never sleeps.

Thread Information