Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its funny that i'm more disappointed with the spurs performance in this year's playoff compared to last years, even though this year, we have a not 100% duncan and a injured ginobili. i felt we actually played well last year, so i wasn't disappointed about the loss. but this year, our performance just been even with a injured ginobili and a unhealthy duncan.

i was pretty confident coming into the series that we could take on the mavericks even under the injury cir stances. i still this we are the better team, but the play and pop's coaching has just been disastrous which led to the disappointment. i just feel like we are not playing to our full potential. lets just say that i feel like we are fighting a war with our hands tied behind our back. some times it frustrates me so much that pop is so damn stubborn.

1.) our starting lineup- i'm perfectly fine with TP, RM, MF, & TD starting since i don't believe that Bowen is a superior player over RM or MF; but i have a HUGE problem with Bonner starting, since we clearly have Gooden on the bench who is far superior than Bonner; i'm pretty sure that any other coach in this league except Pop would start Gooden or Bonner.

2.) back up pg- Roger Mason isn't that great of a ball handler nor is he a PG. Play G.Hill.

3.) rotations- i never seen a more disoriented rotation in such a long time.

4.) PLAYER OVER SYSTEM, good players are still key to winning. and we are definitely not playing our best player when Bonner is starting.

so this year is definitely the more disappointing than last year for me.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm dissapointed this year is the last year... I still love the spurs though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year - I'm convinced that we could have beaten both the Fakers and the Celtics with a healthy Manu.

This year is no surprise whatsoever, although losing to the Mavs stings... really doesn't matter though, because they aren't going any further than the 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year - i'm convinced that we could have beaten both the fakers and the celtics with a healthy manu.

This year is no surprise whatsoever, although losing to the mavs stings... Really doesn't matter though, because they aren't going any further than the 2nd round.
    +1

obligatory troll smasher Flux451's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm dissapointed this year is the last year... I still love the spurs though.
    Yeah, poor Mavs.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year...mainly because it was more poor coaching that killed the Spurs chances than anything player related.

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year. we know we would have no manu so i knew we wouldn't win a championship. i just wanted us to be the poser mavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would have gotten crushed by the Nuggets in the second round anyway. Last year we had a 20 pt lead in two games in LA and lost both, plus lost that game in SA on a no call. Plus we lost another chance to repeat last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointed from the fact that MANU is not playing...my case closed!!!

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year. but this just adds to my disappointment in both Manu and Pop. Fire Pop and tell Manu no more basketball outside of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 still stings the most.

Forever A SPURS Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year definitely because if we get out of the first round then the whole season seems like a fail to me. Also I'm disappointed with Pops coaching and no enthusiasm with this years teams back against the wall. Also with Manu getting hurt so often is pretty aggravating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year. but this just adds to my disappointment in both Manu and Pop. Fire Pop and tell Manu no more basketball outside of the NBA.
    yeh that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More disappointed in last year.

It's not even close. Last year was to solidify the legacy. Last chance. Didn't happen.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    this year. We made it to t he C finals last year

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year easily. The reason being is that offensively this team is one of the best the Spurs have had in a while, but the players who stepped up in the regular season fell apart after the All-Star break. With the players the Spurs currently have they should be able to make to the WCF again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell a few mods are more pissed off this year than last. They removed the nba forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell a few mods are more pissed off this year than last. They removed the nba forum
    ??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I c nathang

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes Spurs forum then piston forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely this year. Because they made a couple of moves over the offseason, and magically landing Gooden during the season, that I figured they could advance based on matchups. As poorly as they limped through the final weeks of the season, they did nail down the 3rd seed. I certainly didn't expect them to get to the Finals, but I expected them to at least beat the Mavs and get to the 2nd or 3rd round. It was equally as frustrating to not have a healthy Ginobili for yet another playoff run.

As for last year, they did well to get past a tough Hornets team. I really wasn't expecting them to beat the Fakers - even with a healthy Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 still stings the most.
    Yeah, just shading 2004. We would've smashed the Heat in 2006, although I think the Pistons might have beaten us in 2004.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year....
    They at least had a shot... I couldn't see injured Tim and Tony taking the trophy alone... this isn't a complete team.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its funny that i'm more disappointed with the spurs performance in this year's playoff compared to last years, even though this year, we have a not 100% duncan and a injured ginobili. i felt we actually played well last year, so i wasn't disappointed about the loss. but this year, our performance just been even with a injured ginobili and a unhealthy duncan.

i was pretty confident coming into the series that we could take on the mavericks even under the injury cir stances. i still this we are the better team, but the play and pop's coaching has just been disastrous which led to the disappointment. i just feel like we are not playing to our full potential. lets just say that i feel like we are fighting a war with our hands tied behind our back. some times it frustrates me so much that pop is so damn stubborn.

1.) our starting lineup- i'm perfectly fine with TP, RM, MF, & TD starting since i don't believe that Bowen is a superior player over RM or MF; but i have a HUGE problem with Bonner starting, since we clearly have Gooden on the bench who is far superior than Bonner; i'm pretty sure that any other coach in this league except Pop would start Gooden or Bonner.

2.) back up pg- Roger Mason isn't that great of a ball handler nor is he a PG. Play G.Hill.

3.) rotations- i never seen a more disoriented rotation in such a long time.

4.) PLAYER OVER SYSTEM, good players are still key to winning. and we are definitely not playing our best player when Bonner is starting.

so this year is definitely the more disappointing than last year for me.

No last year was more disappointing simply because with a healthy Manu we'd be defending another Championship. As to this year we have never had it all year. Of the playoff teams we were actually the worst of the bunch even though we were the 3rd seed. We are so damn old and slow and UNathletic, not to mention the fact that we don't have height, we don't have shooters, we don't have length and we don't play smart basketball. Another thing is I have never seen any fire in the belly of this years team. This is by far the worst team we've had since the 1999 Championship. We start 3 players who would not be starting on any other NBA team. All the other coaches have caught up to Pop's style and know how to beat us. When I realized that we were keeping Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto, Udoka, and Finley I knew we would be lucky to get out of the 1st round. We need an overhaul next season and try to get Timmy one last championship before he is forced to retire in a couple years. Just being realistic and I still love my Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both this year and last featured Manu and his never-ending health problems, so in that regard, it's a wash.

This year we added some new players but due to poor coaching, they weren't utilized to their full advantage. We've been waiting a long time to have a reliable shooter and backup point guard, and we started to see Mason and Hill fufill those respective roles quite nicely earlier in the season.

But then Pop "the decider" felt the need to put his stamp on the season, and a possible advantage was turned into a weakness.

Thread Information