RFA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn hes restricted but i would do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the Hawks not keeping him actually. The Hawks have so many players who will need to get paid at some point or another, with Horford's contract coming into it's last half, Bibby re-signing (probably) and Johnson's contract being so large at this point it is best to assume someone would be the odd man out.
    Namely him and Flip Murray. Who does Atlanta let go of, and who could the Spurs realistically get? (I'd rather we try to make a run at Marvin Williams of course)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aitn he a freea gent next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aitn he a freea gent next year
    doe syo ur ke ybo ard notw ork r ig ht?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doe syo ur ke ybo ard notw ork r ig ht?
    its latin lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched any of the Hawks games. I looked at his stats, and notice that he does shoot the three-ball some. But, is that really the direction we want to go with our bigmen?

can anyone tell me if he prefers to shoot jumpshots more than getting to the rim? does he have a decent post game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a productive player especially since he is not getting enough touches in Atlanta, with Bibby, Johnson and Smith getting more burn. An under the rader guy who can play.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would love to see him here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams will be considered a restricted free agent because the Hawks have already submitted a qualifying offer or because they are expected to submit the offer?

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more i think about it, the more i want this guy. i think he would be a great fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's still young has alot of potential

from north carolina

why was everyone big on this kid on draft day anyways

he was just a good role player in north carolina

i guess they see potential then actual

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched any of the Hawks games. I looked at his stats, and notice that he does shoot the three-ball some. But, is that really the direction we want to go with our bigmen?

can anyone tell me if he prefers to shoot jumpshots more than getting to the rim? does he have a decent post game?
    He plays the 3, not the 4 or 5.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen enough Hawks games to know if he has the lateral quickness to be the defensive 3 the Spurs need - even if they figured out how to afford him. Any Hawks fans out there care to comment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pleased if we were able to pluck him away from the Hawks. I think he could learn a lot from Bruce about defending the perimeter in Bruce's retirement tour.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks have made it know that they are scaling back on payroll and would be willing to part with Williams. Childress, of course, if also available because he burned his bridges in Atlanta. It goes without saying that both would be an upgrade at small forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks have made it know that they are scaling back on payroll and would be willing to part with Williams. Childress, of course, if also available because he burned his bridges in Atlanta. It goes without saying that both would be an upgrade at small forward.
    Part with them as in executing S&Ts or as in renouncing their rights?

Unless they have a big ticket FA target in mind, they have little to gain by renouncing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article talking about a Williams S&T:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ticket/?page=2

Which direction for Hawks?

The Hawks have taken big steps the past two years, making it back to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 last year and advancing to the second round for the first time since 1997 this season. But will Atlanta take a big step back next season?

The Hawks have key free agents in point guard Mike Bibby, small forward Marvin Williams, and center Zaza Pachulia, as well as Solomon Jones, Mario West, and Thomas Gardner.

As of now, Atlanta has only $40.8 million in committed salary next season, but it remains to be seen whether the fiscally challenged ownership will do what it takes to bring back Bibby, Williams, and Pachulia, or bring in some notable free agents.

There have been rumors of Williams being dangled in a sign-and-trade for cash. Don't be surprised if talented yet unused guard Acie Law, the 11th overall pick in the 2007 draft, is moved, too.

For a franchise that seems to be going in the right direction and has the 19th overall pick this year, it would be a shame if the Hawks digress after taking such big strides of late.

"I love the guys. I love the coaching staff. I love the city," said Bibby, 31, who made $14.9 million this season. "So we'll see what happens."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. This is one of the few other directions I would take our MLE. Might not be a bad idea to throw the offer on the table as it seem Atlanta might be reluctant to match.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article talking about a Williams S&T:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ticket/?page=2

Which direction for Hawks?
    As of now, Atlanta has only $40.8 million in committed salary next season, but it remains to be seen whether the fiscally challenged ownership will do what it takes to bring back Bibby, Williams, and Pachulia, or bring in some notable free agents.

There have been rumors of Williams being dangled in a sign-and-trade for cash. Don't be surprised if talented yet unused guard Acie Law, the 11th overall pick in the 2007 draft, is moved, too.

This would be extremely huge for the Spurs, if their ownership group can afford it. A Williams S&T for cash would be a great opportunity. Assuming the Hawks want to add 1) as little payroll as possible, and 2) some experience (currently they are still very young), offering up the partial guarantees of either Oberto or Bowen (or both) plus Finley(the experience the Hawks would keep) plus 3 million in cash would be an excellent opportunity trade for SA. It would fill the starting SF hole in the roster, (although it would likely put a hole in the 2010 plan), without touching the MLE, leaving that for pursuit of a big man to put next to Duncan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the preferred route for acquiring a 3, but it's risky with him being a RFA. Versatile and he's a really good defender. Sign and trade? Definetly. Otherwise exercise extreme caution.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to follow up on a good blog entry recently posted on 48minutesof .com which suggests that a player like MW could be a good "contingency plan" in the event the Spurs can't land a Sheed-type big.

The entry captured my attention simply because in the modern NBA it seems the 3/4 is increasingly replacing the "conventional" 4. MW is the prototypical 4 of the future if I even saw one.

Considering the recent movements the Spurs have made in the past 10 days, is it even possible that this guy could be target without giving up too much? Is it reasonable to think that the Hawks wouldn't match any offers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the recent movements the Spurs have made in the past 10 days, is it even possible that this guy could be target without giving up too much? Is it reasonable to think that the Hawks wouldn't match any offers?
    They'd match an MLE offer. I have him on the unattainable list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd match an MLE offer. I have him on the unattainable list.
    They haven't extended a qualifier yet. 2.5 hours to go...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't extended a qualifier yet. 2.5 hours to go...
    Really? Interesting...

Thread Information