Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sportcamper1

Stupid? Hey, when I need to drive down to the store for a loaf of bread, I like to go in style & safety....Plus you never know when you're going to have to mow down some punk wearing a Kobe Bryant Jersey...

Cosmic Cowboy...

Jimcs50

Useruser666
    That truck from the CNN article, isn't that a photoshop joke? I thought I saw that a while back as ha-ha pic. CNN is treating it like a real story though......hmmmmmm......

Useruser666

:eyebrow

sportcamper1
    I have seen folks driving F-450's or F-550’s that look very similar with 5th wheel set ups pulling trailers...I don’t think the photo is a joke however I did not read the article...

jalbre6
    Nah, that's a real vehicle, according to CNN.com...

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - For the driver looking for more in a pickup -- one that dwarfs the Hummer and the Ford F-350 -- Navistar has just the ride for you...the CXT, the new monster pickup from heavy truck maker Navistar.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

The new CXT -- short for commercial extreme truck and built from the same platform as the heavy-truck maker's typical tow truck or cement mixer -- will be sold starting this week by Navistar's International Truck & Engine subsidiary.

At 258 inches, or 21-1/2 feet long, the CXT is about 4-1/2 feet longer than the new Hummer H2 pickup, and about 2 inches longer than the F-350 Crew Cab.
    &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
    But the way it really towers over what's on the road now is in height. At 108 inches, or 9 feet, the CXT stands only a foot below a basketball rim and more than two feet above the Hummer or the F-350.

"It's not going to fit into the standard garage," said Mark Oberle, a spokesman for Navistar, based in Warrenville, Ill., outside Chicago. "We can see it as a vehicle for business people who want to make a distinct impression. For personal use, it's for people who want to make a statement."

One statements: The buyer has a great deal of money to spend. The price for the CXT ranges from about $93,000 to $115,000 fully loaded, with such creature comforts as a DVD player and leather upholstery.

Buyers will also have to have a fair amount of money to fill it up -- it's projected to get between 6 and 10 miles per gallon of diesel fuel.

The vehicle weighs about seven tons empty and can carry another six tons in its truck bed.

What Navistar doesn't see is the vehicle being mass-produced.
    &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
    It expects to sell only about 50 this year, and it doesn't expect the CXT to challenge the market niche of the H2 sport/utility vehicle, which saw sales of 34,529 units last year.

By comparison, the Ford F-series, which includes everything from the nation's best-selling vehicle, the F-150, up through the F-350, had sales of 845,586 vehicles last year.

Navistar first showed the CXT in March at the Mid-America Trucking Show, the industry's premier event. It has sold a few already and starts marketing the vehicle to the general public this week. But Oberle said he doubts the marketing effort will include television ads or other mass-market efforts.

The vehicle will be available through International Truck's 345 dealerships, which operate 850 locations nationwide.

Oberle said he couldn't say how many dealers will be ordering the vehicles.

Alamo Spurs Fan
    GMC has a pickup version of their Class 6 TopKick straight truck available.

For the kind of money International wants for theirs, you could get a nice condo Freightliner.

zombie68
    I thought Freightliner was coming out with some mid sized Truck ( well to their standards) truck. It was going to made for the 5th wheel RV folks.

CavsSuperFan
    AMC GREMLIN

www.matadorcoupe.com/AMC/GremlinPromo.jpg

Babe Mobile...

tlongII
    Schwinn Stingray

TheMrPeanut

Samurai Jane

Joe Chalupa

bigzak25

i drive a 93 lumina like this one, but gold.

i wanna new car...i don't wanna new car payment....i need to start playing that corvette scratchoff game.....

CosmicCowboyXXX
    Those trucks are for real...we get rigs like that (and bigger)out at the rodeo every year...it is not uncommon to have a double cab Kenworth plus sleeper cab rigged as a gooseneck pulling a 7 horse slant with a 20+ foot living quarters...the trailers are 40+ feet long...some of those rigs cost upwards of $300,000...a lot of the PRCA cowboys are sponsored and drive a new one every year...Joe Beavers has been hauling with a rig like that (but with a 4 horse slant and quarters) for years...

CosmicCowboyXXX

My ride...(but in "pewter" color)

Shelly

Samurai Jane
    OK OK.. here's my daily ride...

but in "Indigo Blue"

bigzak25
    that's a sweet truck cosmic....

SpursWoman

That's what I drive....and only 6 more payments.

Although, see that driver's side-view mirror? Thanks to yet ANOTHER little er in my neighborhood, as of last night all that's left is a dangling mess of crushed plastic and broken glass.

Jimcs50
    What happened to your mirror????

tlongII

YEAH BABY!

SpursWoman
    What happened to your mirror????
    Someone knocked it off....bas s. Something is always happening to my car. I get egg'd a lot during football season, too. I live in a really nice neighborhood...so someone either hates my guts or has me confused with someone else.

Payback is a , I know. And I get it in spades...although I never did any physical damage.

Jimcs50
    SW, yous want me to rough em up?:tyson

Shelly
    aw, that sucks SW. And even the city hates you. They give you tickets for parking in front of your own house!

TastesLikeChicken
    S y knows what's up

Thread Information