Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...#reply18007017

Some great Nash quotes:

"But the truth is I love this city, the organization."
    You love it so much you were on Letterman campaigning to play for the Knicks.

" I really like my teammates and coach. "
    Except for the teammates I backstab and get traded or coach that tells me to play defense.

"Nash said he was not consulted before the Suns traded Shaquille O'Neal,"
    I'm sure that's it, I'm sure the fact you and Kerr had a meeting about what changes you wanted the team to make less than a week before Shaq was traded was just a timing coincidence.

"No one gave us Pau Gasol for nothing"
    Instead you told the GM to trade Shaq for nothing.

"I think we all realize that we're a team that's trying to stay under the cap."
    Way to be a team player and demand a raise you don't deserve after leading your team to the lottery.

"All those things I just talked about greatly outweigh the opportunity to search for a le. "
    Glad to see you still don't have the championship hunger you never had.

My personal favorite:

"You look at all the good defensive teams and they have big guys who come out and hedge hard on pick-and-rolls and are active," Nash said today. "That's an area we can improve in. Robin (Lopez) has got the talent and desire to do that. Channing has the willingness to do that as well. That's an area that Steve Kerr has talked about addressing."
    Yeah, I'm sure you want big man who will defend the pick and roll cause you're too lazy to BUT at the same time you didn't want Shaq traded.

They also don't have point guards that let Devin Harris drop 47 or let Kidd drop 20 points and 19 assists. It's un ingbelievable Nash still doesn't take one iota of responsibility for the team's bad defense.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Party at DoK's house! Nash is staying!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Party at DoK's house! Nash is staying!

Yup. More excited than ever. Championship!!!

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every home game will be a party now that the Suns are going to have fun again!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Suns have kept their window open for a few more years with this news.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns have kept their window open for a few more years with this news.
    Not only is the window open, they are throwing millions of dollars out of it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lol @ the Pau Gasol quote. They'd fine a way to lose if 1988 Jordan found his way on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sucks DoK

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    lol @ the Pau Gasol quote. They'd fine a way to lose if 1988 Jordan found his way on the team.

Nash would ask for him to get traded.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Nash would ask for him to get traded.
    You act as if Shaquille Oneal getting traded was a bad thing.

As Bill Simmons said in his most recent article, Shaq didnt care about anything this past season except his own offensive numbers.

Getting rid of Shaq was an addition by subtraction. If he did tell management Shaq had to go, the vast majority of Phoenix fans was happy he did (see the azcentral polls at the end of the season where the fans overwhelmingly voted for the front office to trade shaq).

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Getting rid of Shaq was an addition by subtraction.

Their 2-5 record w/o Shaq last season says that statement is re ed.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Hey suns fans, at least you can be go hard for 2nd seed now. The second seed in the PACIFIC DIVISION LOL, i checked vegas odds on the pacific lakeshow isn't even on the board, but suns are like +3000, clipshow at +4000, and warriors and queens at +10000

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Their 2-5 record w/o Shaq last season says that statement is re ed.
    Is that it? THATS why you think Shaq is so great? A sample size of seven games in which Shaq DIDNT play?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If he did tell management Shaq had to go, the vast majority of Phoenix fans was happy he did (see the azcentral polls at the end of the season where the fans overwhelmingly voted for the front office to trade shaq).

The vast majority of Phoenix fans also didn't start watching basketball till 2004 and think run and gun Antoni ball is the best thing since sliced bread. The vast majority of Suns fans being content with making the playoffs and losing is a large reason why they have gone 40+ years w/o winning a le.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Is that it? THATS why you think Shaq is so great? A sample size of seven games in which Shaq DIDNT play?

I never said they should keep Shaq. I said your "Addition by subtraction" comment was re ed. If you think trading Shaq and replacing him with Robin Lopez at C will make the team better you should jump off a cliff.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The vast majority of Phoenix fans also didn't start watching basketball till 2004 and think run and gun Antoni ball is the best thing since sliced bread. The vast majority of Suns fans being content with making the playoffs and losing is a large reason why they have gone 40+ years w/o winning a le.
    Arent you 18?

The vast majority of Suns have probably been following the team a lot longer than you. When did you start watching basketball? 8 years ago?

Do you even REMEMBER Jordan playing for the Bulls?

You were all of...what....3 when the Suns played the Bulls in the finals.

I wouldnt talk about how clueless the vast majority of Phoenix fans are. Especially when you speak of Nash as if he's "Selfish" and then gloss Shaq in the same sentence. Ive never heard Nash complain about his "touches".

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Arent you 18?

The vast majority of Suns have probably been following the team a lot longer than you. When did you start watching basketball? 8 years ago?

Do you even REMEMBER Jordan playing for the Bulls?

You were all of...what....3 when the Suns played the Bulls in the finals.

I wouldnt talk about how clueless the vast majority of Phoenix fans are. Especially when you speak of Nash as if he's "Selfish" and then gloss Shaq in the same sentence. Ive never heard Nash complain about his "touches".

You know, it's never too late for you to crawl back up your mom's pussy so she can go to town with a clothes hanger.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I never said they should keep Shaq. I said your "Addition by subtraction" comment was re ed. If you think trading Shaq and replacing him with Robin Lopez at C will make the team better you should jump off a cliff.
    I would rather have NOTHING than Shaq. Thats how detrimental he was to Stoudemire and the rest of the team. Throw any player in there. I dont care who. The best part is we wouldnt have to play whoever you replace Shaq with if we dont want to which wasnt an option with "The Big Ego".

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I wouldnt talk about how clueless the vast majority of Phoenix fans are.
    If I were you I wouldn't either considering being someone content with the team being an 8 seed and losing in the 1st round makes you a clueless fan.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I would rather have NOTHING than Shaq.

yes, I know you'd take no championships over four championships.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You know, it's never too late for you to crawl back up your mom's pussy so she can go to town with a clothes hanger.
    You didnt answer the question. When did you start watching basketball.

You JUST SAID that most fans probably didnt start watching till 2004. Thats when you were all of 13.

So tell us of what Suns teams you followed when you were 12 and younger and what great insight into basketball you learned during that time for which someone who didnt start watching until 2004 couldn't possibly understand.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Thats how detrimental he was to Stoudemire and the rest of the team.
    2007-2008 w/o Shaq:
    23.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 59.1 FG%

2007-2008 w/ Shaq:
    28.5 points, 8.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 58.8 FG%

Shaq wasn't detrimental to Amare. Terry Porter was. That's why his numbers went down last season.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    yes, I know you'd take no championships over four championships.
    Yes, cuz the Suns were winning championships with 07/08 Shaq.

Or as if he was even making the playoffs in Miami before they traded him to Phoenix.

Let me ask you something: Do you even REMEMBER Shaq winning championships with the Lakers? Im mean, you were completely pre-pubescent. You probably watched more Sponge-Bob than basketball between 2000-2002, am I right?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You didnt answer the question. When did you start watching basketball.

You JUST SAID that most fans probably didnt start watching till 2004. Thats when you were all of 13.

So tell us of what Suns teams you followed when you were 12 and younger and what great insight into basketball you learned during that time for which someone who didnt start watching until 2004 couldn't possibly understand.

I started following basketball in 2000. My guess is you watched a lot from 1993-1995, didn't watch at all from 1996-2004, and then became a die fan again once the team became a contender.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Let me ask you something: Do you even REMEMBER Shaq winning championships with the Lakers? Im mean, you were completely pre-pubescent. You probably watched more Sponge-Bob than basketball between 2000-2002, am I right?

My guess is you're probably no more than 3 years older than me.

And even if I didn't remember that, I do remember Shaq winning one in 2006.

Thread Information