jaffies
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    xfrodobagginsx sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, being agnostic tends to eliminate that whole issue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, being agnostic tends to eliminate that whole issue.
    Hardly.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Whoever doesnt question thier religion (or anything in life) is someone I dont want to be associated with. EVER. God didnt create man, Man created God. Its a fact. deal with it. That doesnt mean a supreme being doesnt exist, it just means WE created HIM to suit our needs for order.

If you dont question your faith you are nothing more than blind sheep. If we where truelly created by "God" he would understand our questioning.

Believe it or not, the church has their own agenda, its been proven throughout the ages. The Bible scriptures have been changed time and time again to fit with what the church wants you to believe, and they have even admitted this!

In my belief, organized religion is the cause of all the problems we have in this world. Believers are going to try to debunk me but the fact is religion is created by man. No one can ever give a valid arguement towards that fact. There actually may be a supreme being out their but I extremely doubt that our pre-concieved misconceptions of said being is anything close to whats in our own human created scriptures.

That being said, I doubt there is a "supreme being" judging all life, but if their is, he knows what kind of person I am and I feel comfortable with that relationship.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    no, i don't doubt.

there's a difference between questioning, and doubting though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    I'll believe what science has proved to me until "God" proves otherwise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Religion is a bunch of horse . Faith and God is something different alltogether.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Religion is a bunch of horse . Faith and God is something different alltogether.
    I agree with that.

Although recent events over the last few years have caused me to question even that.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Can't question something I don't believe in or care about.

Each Day Offers Potential Darrin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I had a crisis of faith at the age of 12. I had sexual tendencies and romantic feelings for a cousin (who just happened to be one of my abusers). I asked myself why God would do this to me. I went into counseling and my faith re-established.

When I was 15 I became a non-praticing Catholic. When I was 22 I became agnostic, and at 24 I became athiest. So I would say that has been a 'crisis' of faith from a certain point-of-view.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I had a crisis of faith at the age of 12. I had sexual tendencies and romantic feelings for a cousin (who just happened to be one of my abusers). I asked myself why God would do this to me. I went into counseling and my faith re-established.

When I was 15 I became a non-praticing Catholic. When I was 22 I became agnostic, and at 24 I became athiest. So I would say that has been a 'crisis' of faith from a certain point-of-view.

You sound pretty fugged up.

Each Day Offers Potential Darrin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    You sound pretty fugged up.
    Yeah, you could say that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yeah, you could say that.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great another religion thread.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Whoever doesnt question thier religion (or anything in life) is someone I dont want to be associated with. EVER. God didnt create man, Man created God. Its a fact. deal with it. That doesnt mean a supreme being doesnt exist, it just means WE created HIM to suit our needs for order.
    Pretty much sums up how I feel. I won't discount a so-called supreme being because we haven't got all the facts just yet. If there is one which I doubt he/she/it doesn't even remotely resemble Jesus/God whatever it is you people worship unconditionally. Pure fabrication.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    God have mercy on the man
    Who doubts what he's sure of.

--The Boss

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I haven't said much about my faith on this forum...mostly because I think people who push their faith on others in the name of "standing up for Jesus" are annoying. TBQH, I don't associate with a lot of mainstream Christians because I think most of them are an irritating bunch of religious wackos that have no idea who Jesus was or what he stood for. They would rather club sexuals over the head and put anti-abortion signs in the hands of their kids instead of trying to help the oppressed and marginalized.

But in addressing the topic...yes, I do have a hard time understanding some of the things that go on in this world. I wouldn't say that it makes me doubt God's existance, but it does make me wonder why it has to be THIS bad. Working at a mental health facility over the past year and a half has helped fuel a lot of this. Seeing people trapped in their own minds is hard. Some of them did it to themselves(kids, leave the fry/wet alone)...but many of them have been like that since birth because they had parents that were like that and mental illness tends to be hereditary. Seeing the bipolar/schitzophrenic traits in the kids on our childrens ward is tough to stomach sometimes. They don't even get a chance to be right and will probably be in and out of MHMR's their whole life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I question my faith all the time.

I doubt my faith every so often.

Usually, I go back to what Jesus said about how to live life and treat other people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I'm an atheist, and even I question whether a god exists or not. I guess that makes me agnostic, but a very skeptical agnostic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    God have mercy on the man
    Who doubts what he's sure of.

--The Boss
    I think Bruce was talking about a woman, not a Supreme Being of any sort.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not a religious person. I don't really go to church or say my prayers like I should. But I do believe there is a God. I have faith, because I take comfort knowing that after this life is over there is more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

If you dont question your faith you are nothing more than blind sheep. If we where truelly created by "God" he would understand our questioning.

Believe it or not, the church has their own agenda, its been proven throughout the ages. The Bible scriptures have been changed time and time again to fit with what the church wants you to believe, and they have even admitted this!

In my belief, organized religion is the cause of all the problems we have in this world. Believers are going to try to debunk me but the fact is religion is created by man. No one can ever give a valid arguement towards that fact. There actually may be a supreme being out their but I extremely doubt that our pre-concieved misconceptions of said being is anything close to whats in our own human created scriptures.

That being said, I doubt there is a "supreme being" judging all life, but if their is, he knows what kind of person I am and I feel comfortable with that relationship.
    You don't have to believe anything you don't want to, but don't bash people who do believe...that's ignorant. Personally, I do believe in God...I do have faith. I believe in miracles. My father contracted ALS, a terminal illness, when I was 9 years old. He was given a MAX of 3 years to live. They said "get your affairs in order and say your goodbyes." This was 20 years ago. And about 10 years ago, somehow, unexplainably, his illness just stopped progressing. Nobody can figure it out. The fact that I still have my father and the fact that my mother has survived breast cancer is enough for me. I'm a praying man, and always will be. The funny thing is, I would never call you blind for not believing, so you shouldn't call people blind if they do. I have my reasons. I believe in God, and believe in faith. If you don't, that's fine, but don't bash people because they do.

Are you for real? DoubtingThomas's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    I'm guilty

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You don't have to believe anything you don't want to, but don't bash people who do believe...that's ignorant. Personally, I do believe in God...I do have faith. I believe in miracles. My father contracted ALS, a terminal illness, when I was 9 years old. He was given a MAX of 3 years to live. They said "get your affairs in order and say your goodbyes." This was 20 years ago. And about 10 years ago, somehow, unexplainably, his illness just stopped progressing. Nobody can figure it out. The fact that I still have my father and the fact that my mother has survived breast cancer is enough for me. I'm a praying man, and always will be. The funny thing is, I would never call you blind for not believing, so you shouldn't call people blind if they do. I have my reasons. I believe in God, and believe in faith. If you don't, that's fine, but don't bash people because they do.
    would you feel the same way if your prayers had not been fulfilled?

Thread Information