Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 points, 14 rebounds

Now I know why Pistons fans loved him so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BIG props to Dice tonight...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's looking better and better..that mid-range J is just automatic..his defense is a lot better than I thought it would be, especially at this point of the season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good man. his work ethic is awesome. just shut up and get to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting more comfortable out there. It's also nice to see Pop sticking with one starting lineup for an extended period of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is that one guy who said he should've just retired because Okur surprised him with a spin move?

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time a big had 14 rebounds next to Duncan? Im not trying to make a point, it could have been last season ... just curious..

Was it Bonner's GS game? Might be Nazr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dice is just teasing us.. he said he needed a couple more months then he'll be in game shape.. something to look forward to.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time a big had 14 rebounds next to Duncan? Im not trying to make a point, it could have been last season ... just curious..

Was it Bonner's GS game? Might be Nazr
    Quick search:

Bonner had 17 against the Warriors in '07, 13 against the Hawks last year.

Nazr had a bunch of big board games in '05-'06, a few in '06-'07.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot has been automatic for years. I hope he brings it against the good teams. Boston/Denver games will tell us a lot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was quite surprised in the first couple of weeks with his defense on Dirk, he did a really good job against him. One of the better Dirk-Defenders we have had at the Spurs besides having to throw Timmy at him. I know Dirk is 35ppg against us but he has had to take a lot of shots to get that. Also, Spurs put a couple of defenders on Dirk which will distort the validity of the stats in my argument. We did play an overtime period which will make his stats higher too. I guess it's a little hard to explain unless you watched both games against Dallas and actually took note of it at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice acquisition.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he doesn't spread the floor like Bonner does to help Timmy.

are you being sarcastic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 points, 14 rebounds

Now I know why Pistons fans loved him so much.
    This is true. Its a love hate thing with people up here on this board. They were mf ing him a week ago now they on his sack. And rj will soon say to with this boring offense and make a way for his damn self.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true. Its a love hate thing with people up here on this board. They were mf ing him a week ago now they on his sack. And rj will soon say to with this boring offense and make a way for his damn self.
    I ,for one, never felt negative about Dice. I knew he starts out the season slow so I wasn't expecting him to be dominating early. But he's actually been playing beyond my expectations. Props to him and hopefully he'll keep it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you being sarcastic?
    yes. he's a bonner hater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dice's stat line versus the Rockets was probably the best overall contribution of a Duncan running mate since D-Rob left the building.

He was phenomenal. Now that he's finding his groove, I'm sure this will be the first of many solid contributions form Dice.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The good news on Antonio McDyess is that he's a good defender and rebounder and he has a nice reliable shot from about 17 feet.

The bad news is that he's been in the league 13 years and he can't play starter minutes for extended stretches without running out of gas.

Popovich will play him at around 20 minutes in the regular season with a few games up around the 30 minute level. He'll want to save Dice for playoff time.

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I haven't really been able to watch much of the Spurs this year, but I follow all the boxscores specifically to see how Dice has been doing. Loved his stat line last night. Glad to see him have a big game for you.

He won't produce like that everynight, but if nothing else he'll always have effort and veteran smarts. I just hope Pop leaves him as a starter. Can't keep switching his role. Dice needs to be in a comfort zone to get the most from him. His play and confidence become a bit erratic everytime his role changes. He could have been in the starting rotation long ago for Detroit, but he decided against it for very long simply because he knew his role.

And you have to get him shot attempts. His J is money, but it's completely wasted if he only gets 5 shots a game. No reason he shouldn't have 7-10 attempts every outing. And it's important to get him going early. Too many times I've seen his shot struggle when the only looks he got were late in the game. But if you feed him some easy ones early, watch out!
    Last edited by Pistons < Spurs; 11-28-2009 at 10:26 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

The bad news is that he's been in the league 13 years and he can't play starter minutes for extended stretches without running out of gas.

Popovich will play him at around 20 minutes in the regular season with a few games up around the 30 minute level. He'll want to save Dice for playoff time.
    I don't know. I've often felt that way, only to be proven wrong. Dice played 29+ minutes the last 2 years. And last year was probably his best since 2001. I like that he's being worked in slowly though. He'll take some time to find his groove, but by late Dec or early Jan I fully expect him to be fully acclimated and ready to go full tilt. I'd also expect to see coach to start to rely depend and trust that he can go out there for extended minutes.

My only concern might be the Rodeo road trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's looking better and better..that mid-range J is just automatic..his defense is a lot better than I thought it would be, especially at this point of the season..
    The one thing I've noticed, other than his buttery jumper, is that he has a tremendously strong base. Normal NBA big guys, 6'9" 250, just bounce off him when they try to post up. They absolutely cannot move him. I saw in against Dallas with Dirk, last night with Scola, who didn't do until Dice subbed out, and just about every game in between.

He's the most complete big man SA has had next to Tim since Five O.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't know. I've often felt that way, only to be proven wrong. Dice played 29+ minutes the last 2 years. And last year was probably his best since 2001. I like that he's being worked in slowly though. He'll take some time to find his groove, but by late Dec or early Jan I fully expect him to be fully acclimated and ready to go full tilt. I'd also expect to see coach to start to rely depend and trust that he can go out there for extended minutes.

My only concern might be the Rodeo road trip.
    Look at what happened at the end of last year. Dice was playing like gangbusters and then the wheels fell off.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2009/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at what happened at the end of last year. Dice was playing like gangbusters and then the wheels fell off.

Did they? Where? I don't see it. I recall he sat out for a while when the Denver trade happened, but I recall him playing pretty well.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

His best production came in the last couple of months. His most minutes came in the last couple of months. Aprils #'s were a little off ... but he also played 8 minutes less than the he did in March. But the rebounding and blocks were still high. And April was only 7 games, so the sample size doesn't allow us to draw great significance from it.

Don't get me wrong, as an older player, yes you'd like to be mindful of his minutes. But to suggest he needs to be limited to 20 minutes is way off base. There's no reason to think he can't handle a solid 32 minutes a night. If things are going well and the Spurs are rolling, sure let the knees rest. But don't view him as old broken and incapable of extended runs. That's misjudging his abilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Team...implosion...Iverson

Thread Information