My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...of_the_decade/

Dec 10, 2009 10:12 PM EST
    In Forbes Magazine’s “What Are They Worth” issue that recently hit newsstands, the San Antonio Spurs was selected as the Team of the Decade among the four major sports leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL).
    Teams were measured by equal parts on-field performance and financial valuation growth since 2000. Performance factors were overall winning percentage, playoff appearances and championships. On the financial side, teams were rated based on the percentage difference between its valuation growth and that of an average team in its league.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cool. Lakers or Spurs getting it is fine with me.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is their 3rd or 4th ToD.

Wow.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah well they better ing enjoy it while they can. Rebuilding around that chubby with no acl's doesn't look like the key to success in making any more team of the decades.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah well they better ing enjoy it while they can. Rebuilding around that chubby with no acl's doesn't look like the key to success in making any more team of the decades.
    But, you ain't gonna talk 'em out of it. I done warned 'em off, but, they're in luv with the guy.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...of_the_decade/

Dec 10, 2009 10:12 PM EST
    In Forbes Magazine’s “What Are They Worth” issue that recently hit newsstands, the San Antonio Spurs was selected as the Team of the Decade among the four major sports leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL).
    Teams were measured by equal parts on-field performance and financial valuation growth since 2000. Performance factors were overall winning percentage, playoff appearances and championships. On the financial side, teams were rated based on the percentage difference between its valuation growth and that of an average team in its league.

now that pic that's a sweet white ass I would love to stick...The Kobe Special Indeed...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs accolades for the past decade are well deserved.

Congrats to the Spurs and their fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at some Lakers fans talking . Insecure much. Props to Allanon and jmill for having enough balls to admit it.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Forbes gave it to them because the value of the franchise went up the most. So in a financial sense, the Spurs ARE the ToD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is based on financial aspects as well, which is why the Spurs are #1..

if we're just basing it on basketball success in this decade, then Lakers should be the #1 for the NBA..

if we're including collusion, then Spurs should be #1 based on basketball success..

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs are definitely deserving. It'll be fascinating to see where the franchise goes the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are definitely deserving. It'll be fascinating to see where the franchise goes the next few years.
    Real hard times that's for sure. Gonna be interesting to see how many jump ship after Timmy hangs them up and Parker joins the Lakers lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitter much?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats have no problem wit h this they won with lower payrolls than the Lakers Id STILL take 4 les over 3 in a decade AS A FAN as an owner best run franchise in all of sports last decade ...

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No problem with the Spurs having this distinction.
    Holt, Buford and the rest of that organization is top notch and classy.
    Besides the Spurs had the honor of having David Robinson. Need I say more?

Congrats.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    no surprises here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how even being the current world champs doesn't alleviate some people's -ness.

It's your time right now, man -- what good does hating on history do you?

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how even being the current world champs doesn't alleviate some people's -ness.

It's your time right now, man -- what good does hating on history do you?
    The dispensing of empathy is a superfine thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the first i've heard of the Spurs re-building around Blair, has RC told you this?

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is the first i've heard of the Spurs re-building around Blair, has RC told you this?
    I've read as much too, Muse, it's upstairs in the Hari Kari Room a.k.a. San Antonio Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally a good one!!

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to the Spurs on winning this. Got to give props to the way the organization is run very well. It is a testament that teams in a small market can be successful. Pay heed owners of the Bucks, OKC, and Charlotte.

Thread Information