Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Passes Jordan and Malone on the All time scoring list, wins 3 Finals MVP, and 2 regular season MVP's and retires as a Laker with a playoff average of 28ppg 5 rpg, 4.5 apg 1.5 spg on 47% fg.

Will you consider him better than Magic or Bird then? How would you rank him all time? Behind Jordan and Wilt (which puts him 3rd in that regard)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Top 5 behind...

Kareem
    Russell
    Magic
    Cousy

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    If your grandmother had a wouldn't she be your grandfather?!
    If mah grandmother had a penis, i would tell her to rape your ass, Kobe style.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Passes Jordan and Malone on the All time scoring list, wins 3 Finals MVP, and 2 regular season MVP's and retires as a Laker with a playoff average of 28ppg 5 rpg, 4.5 apg 1.5 spg on 47% fg.

Will you consider him better than Magic or Bird then? How would you rank him all time? Behind Jordan and Wilt (which puts him 3rd in that regard)
    if he finishes his career that accomplished, i think he rightfully should be considered the GOAT

the reason i say this, is because the era that kobe is playing in right now, is most definitely a tougher era than the era jordan was winning les in, and teams right now are full of young stars that are only going to get better, so it would appear that this era hasnt even reached its peak. kobe would have to win another 3 les, which if he is able to do that, would be quite impressive.
    Last edited by stretch; 12-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the only things I respect about Kobe is that he has stuck it out with the same team instead of going other places.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    One of the only things I respect about Kobe is that he has stuck it out with the same team instead of going other places.
    thats easy. he plays for the lakers. no player would want to play somewhere else IMO if an organization like the lakers fully supports you and pay's you top dollar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats easy. he plays for the lakers. no player would want to play somewhere else IMO if an organization like the lakers fully supports you and pay's you top dollar.
    Someone is always willing to pay more for a player like Kobe.

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    if he finishes his career that accomplished, i think he rightfully should be considered the GOAT
    interesting, so people values the amount of les a superstar player has than ac ulated regular and finals mvp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not at all. Magic/Jordan/Bird did not need to play next to the most dominant player ever to win their first 3 rings.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    6 will suffice.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    interesting, so people values the amount of les a superstar player has than ac ulated regular and finals mvp?
    no, i also stated that this has become a very compe ive era of basketball, and to be able to win 4 les in it, would be a of an accomplishment. i already think he is pretty much as skilled, if not more skilled than jordan, it was just a matter of him proving that he had the intangibles of jordan.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Kobe will demand a trade before he allows Pau Gasol to be the #1 option let alone it be Andrew Bynum. Kobe's ego and personality wouldn't allow it. If Kobe wins three more les, he'll do it as the #1 option and he'll put up the stats to back it up. He might not win every Finals MVP, but he'll be the undisputed #1 guy on the team, the leader, and go-to guy. So if he is somehow able to win three more les, yes, he'll be better than Bird and Magic. But, I don't think that would put him third behind Jordan and Wilt. It would put him ahead of Wilt and at the same level as Jordan, and arguably the GOAT... arguably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Kobe wins 6 or 7 rings he will pass Magic as the greatest Laker of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, i also stated that this has become a very compe ive era of basketball, and to be able to win 4 les in it, would be a of an accomplishment. i already think he is pretty much as skilled, if not more skilled than jordan, it was just a matter of him proving that he had the intangibles of jordan.

lol who's that kid with the guitar?

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Kobe wins 6 or 7 rings he will pass Magic as the greatest Laker of all time.
    No. Never.

Magic ended our misery in June of '85 and for that he'll always be our Greatest Laker.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. Never.

Magic ended our misery in June of '85 and for that he'll always be our Greatest Laker.
    Sentimentality is getting in the way of your objectivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 behind...

Kareem
    Russell
    Magic
    Cousy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not at all. Magic/Jordan/Bird did not need to play next to the most dominant player ever to win their first 3 rings.
    Yeah... those Jabbars, Worthys, Mchales, Parishes, Pippens etc are such scrubs!

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    For the championships to be comparable, Kobe would have to win 3 championships by himself, no Shaq, no Pau, and no Bynum, assuming he becomes anything like Pau/Shaq/Rodman.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For the championships to be comparable, Kobe would have to win 3 championships by himself, no Shaq, no Pau, and no Bynum, assuming he becomes anything like Pau/Shaq/Rodman.
    That's not really fair.

Then Jordan would have to win 1 without Pippen. Pippen was a Top 50 player of All Time.

Jordan was 1-9 in the Playoffs without Pippen
    Jordan was a <40% winner without Pippen

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pippen really is the monkey in the wretch, the pain in the ass, eh?

tee, hee.

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Jordan made Pip look a lot better than he was. Kobe could have all the guards/SF/s he wants on his team to flank him (including Artest, Eddie Jones, Glen Rice, or anyone else that comes to the Lakers), but Jordan won 3 les without anything but very good bigman help. Nothing in the same caliber as Pau or Shaq, not until Rodman came to Chicago.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He couldn't ring without Pippen though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jordan made Pip look a lot better than he was. Kobe could have all the guards/SF/s he wants on his team to flank him (including Artest, Eddie Jones, Glen Rice, or anyone else that comes to the Lakers), but Jordan won 3 les without anything but very good bigman help. Nothing in the same caliber as Pau or Shaq, not until Rodman came to Chicago.
    Bulls with Jordan 57 wins
    Jordan retires
    Bulls with Pippen 55 wins

Pretty close right there.

I think you are disrespectin' Scottie Pippens.

Give Kobe Scottie, Dennis Rodman, Kukoc, Steve Kerr and Will Purdue and they'll bring home 6 championships in 10 years.

Thread Information