Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh wait, nevermind.....he was keeping the seat warm for when Pop called timeout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people have got to get over Ian getting playing time. It's too late already to add him to the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ian ing sucks... get over this bum. dude has had chances.

he had a decent game against a very unmotivated team who will go down as one of the worst teams in the HISTORY of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People in the game blog thread were complaining that Pop was bringing in Ian in the 4th. But Ian was in street clothes, so he couldn't come in. However if you are complaining that he wasn't suited up, I understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find this even more annoying than last year's Mensah-Bonsu bull . This dude is done as a Spur. He will be lucky if he gets another job in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the problem with Ian anyways? Soft as tissue paper? Non existent basketball IQ? I mean he has done some good things and has athleticism. It must be those things I have mentioned lol.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find this even more annoying than last year's Mensah-Bonsu bull . This dude is done as a Spur. He will be lucky if he gets another job in the NBA.
    I'm saving this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the same old, same old w/ Pop. The guy simply hates 7 footers not named Tim Duncan that defend the paint and rebound. I don't know what he expects from these guys. They aren't going to put up numbers like Tim Duncan but the team doesn't need them to that, they just need them to be a presence in the paint and on the boards and throw down a few dunks every now and then, something Ian is quite capable of.

Nazr and Rasho were run out of town and on basically the same way Ian has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess when you've had two HOF bigs on your team you find it hard to keep your patience with guys who can't play at that standaed.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the same old, same old w/ Pop. The guy simply hates 7 footers not named Tim Duncan that defend the paint and rebound. I don't know what he expects from these guys. They aren't going to put up numbers like Tim Duncan but the team doesn't need them to that, they just need them to be a presence in the paint and on the boards and throw down a few dunks every now and then, something Ian is quite capable of.

Yeah rasho and nazr both went on to huge and great things too....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho was overpaid, and Nazr hit a three pointer in a blowout. Doesn't change what they were able to do on this team. Ever since then, Pop has disliked centers.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many rings do those guys have between them after starting at center for the Spurs?

How many have we won with Finley playing center? How many do you think we're going to win with Jefferson playing there?

(remember, TD is a power forward)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should look at Rasho's per36 before you stand by that statement. Nazr's averaging 8.5 points and 5 boards in 16 mpg in Charlotte.

Neither have in any way proven that they were deserving of being benched for the playoffs after helping the Spurs to 63 wins in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He actually hates ALL 7 footers, early on he forced Tim to be listed as 6' 11".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i am saying is, if what Pop is doing now isn't working, try something else. Give Ian at least 10 minutes a game.

I swear Pop acts like a woman, keepin all these guys in the doghouse all the time. Since Ian isn't getting any time or opportunity, he is yet another wasted draft pick. We could have had Marc Gasol instead.....but then Pop would have him in the doghouse too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather let Theo get the minutes than Ian. Ian seems to be on the way out for a long time now; this forum sure does love its D-leaguers while at the same time hates Pop

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years down the road i think we'll be having the same frustrations of ian not playing. and every year before the season begins, we'll be talking about how great it's gonna be to finally see him play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather let Theo get the minutes than Ian. Ian seems to be on the way out for a long time now; this forum sure does love its D-leaguers while at the same time hates Pop

haha, i agree, i've made the same observation. but, i think mahinmi is an exception to the rule because he's a big man. the spurs have been starved of a big man for so long, the solution seems simple, let him play!

but yah, it's really annoying how everybody thinks hairston, gist, and anthony tolliver were the next michael jordans

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys keep saying it's too late in the season to bring him in and I guess you mean to get in playing shape because this same franchise brought Nazr in late and won in 2005. So if you think it's too late to start implementing Ian with 10-15 minutes before the season is over then I guess you have a point but I don't agree. I just think we shouldn't expect him to be apart of this team, he will not be back and the Spurs have decided to go another direction. The worse thing Pop did was actually put Ian in and him have a wonderful game against NJ, he may never live that down in the eyes of some, including myself when he has made some very su ious decisions and at best just plain horrible ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's Ian Mahimi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that sarcasm or a joke?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what i dont get is we have kept him around, for years, kept him on the roster, kept him as a spur for years even when he was always hurt, and now when he can FINALLY contribute he doesnt get played at all.

so why the did we even keep him around all these years just to not play him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but yah, it's really annoying how everybody thinks hairston, gist, and anthony tolliver were the next michael jordans
    Hairston is better than Finley and Bogans, and probably even better than RJ at this point.

Gist was better than the bigs the Spurs ended up having after he was sent to Europe.

Tolliver was a big who hit three pointers, and Pop loved him despite the fact that he couldn't play defense or rebound, and most of Spurstalk pointed that out all along.

The Spurs don't need Michael Jordan to win a le, they need role players to play well in their roles. Four or five guys contributing in their own small way makes the difference between a team that loses in the conference semifinals and one that wins it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairston is better than Finley and Bogans, and probably even better than RJ at this point.

Gist was better than the bigs the Spurs ended up having after he was sent to Europe.

Tolliver was a big who hit three pointers, and Pop loved him despite the fact that he couldn't play defense or rebound, and most of Spurstalk pointed that out all along.

The Spurs don't need Michael Jordan to win a le, they need role players to play well in their roles. Four or five guys contributing in their own small way makes the difference between a team that loses in the conference semifinals and one that wins it all.
    they DON'T NEED michael jordan? oh, thanks for clarifying. why is hairston in the d-league? why is anthony tolliver being cut by just about every team he tries to play for (except the warriors)? why have you never heard gist's name outside of this forum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mahinmi wont/cant stop fouling... the dude is a foul machine... fouls do not help a team..... fouls can end up hurting a team very much actually. spurs defense tries do defend without fouling.... this is the biggest reason IMO.

To think Mahinmi is going to go on and be some promising NBA player is ing re ed.. dude has had a shot... the guy is athletic thats it... there are players like this buried on the bench all over the NBA.

id rather see ing ratliff out there.

Thread Information