Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers, sign and trade, Bynum for Lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is he's staying in CLE but only for a 3-4 year deal with some sort of player option.

If CLE still can't get it done, he'll still be somewhat in his prime and ready to bolt to the next team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he would be an idiot not to come here..
    I would love seeing Dirk somehow come to NY too..

Perfect timing for Bandwagon NY Spurfans I guess. Spurs run is done, over. LeBron coming to NY. GO KNICKS!!!!.. What?.. I was never a Spurfan really.. I've always liked the Knicks.. they just sucked so I had to bandwagon onto a team that was winning a lot.. but I've always been a Knicks fan..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more and more I saw of LeBron in this series and especially tonight during AND after the game, it just seems that he isnt coming back. If LeBron wants to both get paid AND win at the same time..it seems Chicago would be the way to go. I could see him going to New York as well though...LeBron + another max FA + Gallinari + Lee isnt too bad. New Jersey isnt bad either with LeBron + Lopez + Harris + Top 5 draft pick...So it's up to LBJ now..should be a pretty exciting Summer..

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    This topic should probably be stickied.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Beaubois/Hickson > Stockton/Malone

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Nets would be very good, no matter if LeBron goes there or not.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    clippers have the talent, they also have the curse of sucking balls.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    My pick would be the Nets if they were moving earlier..Lebron isn't going to play in that hole in NJ for a few years though..

I'm going with New Yorkor Cleveland..I wouldn't be completely surprised if he links up with Wade, but New York is my guess..he would be an idiot not to come here..
    I know the media has been pushing it, but why would he go to NY? Even if Bosh came too they would be no better than his team in Cleveland. As a matter of fact they would be worse because they would have no bench. He is not going to go to a situation where he would have to take a step back. After this piss poor performance he is going to go to a team with enough talent to win immediately. NY is not that team.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    LeBron to the Bulls? 3 GMs think so

Boston Celtics fans were chanting "New York Knicks" during Thursday's Game 6 every time that LeBron James went to the foul line. Maybe they should've been chanting "Chicago Bulls."

Within minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers' elimination at the hands of the Celtics, the speculation about LeBron James' next destination resumed in full force.

In the space of five minutes I heard from three NBA GMs via text, e-mail and phone. All three said that based on the information they have, they believe LeBron will leave the Cavs.

More surprisingly, all of them said they believe the destination will be the Chicago Bulls. Two said they believe that John Calipari will be the Bulls' new head coach.

One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

I'm sure we'll hear various scenarios involving the Knicks, Nets and Heat over the course of the next month. But it's hard to come up with any other scenario that would be quite as appealing for LeBron.
    That would be absolutely deadly. Best team in YEARS.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    actually, i heard lebron was going to join the sydney kings in australia

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    That would be absolutely deadly. Best team in YEARS.
    Wade's estranged wife lives in Chicago. That ain't happenin!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In no other city in the world Le Bron could have the chance of making more money outside of the "nba contract" money, than N.Y... one chance no one is considering, is that he could go in the "Jordan way", playing for a very low nba contrract (say 5 millions for three years) so giving to NY the chance to sign this season two max free agents and one more next year (after Curry will finish his horrendous contract).

A team with, for example, Wade, Le Bron and Stoudemire (plus Gallinari, Chandler and scrubs) could immediatly become a contender just next year...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    A Chicago team with Lebron, Rose, Wade, and Noah would be MURDEROUS.

In the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think he goes to the Nets. they can do a lot this summer with trades, draft, cap. it might not look like a great situation now (although Brook Lopez is going to be an All-Star soon), but - esp. considering how rich their owner is - i can see them flipping that team around 180 degrees like the Celtics did. NY doesn't have anybody there that's any good, and i don't think they'll land Bosh. i think he goes to Miami.

The Bulls might be the second destination. Derrick Rose will be a top-3 PG next year and a legit second option on a championship team. plus they can sign someone like Joe Johnson. the only reason i don't have them in first (because their players are actually better) is i don't think Lebron wasnts to live in MJ's shadow.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    this topic should probably be stickied.
    +1

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    A Chicago team with Lebron, Rose, Wade, and Noah would be MURDEROUS.

In the regular season.

i'm sorry to say but they would be murderous all the way. That team is so ridiculous defensively it's just not fair. They'd have a better d than the pistons had in 04. And such d would surely lead to multiple rings.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i think he goes to the Nets. they can do a lot this summer with trades, draft, cap. it might not look like a great situation now (although Brook Lopez is going to be an All-Star soon), but - esp. considering how rich their owner is - i can see them flipping that team around 180 degrees like the Celtics did. NY doesn't have anybody there that's any good, and i don't think they'll land Bosh. i think he goes to Miami.

The Bulls might be the second destination. Derrick Rose will be a top-3 PG next year and a legit second option on a championship team. plus they can sign someone like Joe Johnson. the only reason i don't have them in first (because their players are actually better) is i don't think Lebron wasnts to live in MJ's shadow.
    I agree. The best matchup for lebron is new jersey.

Good defensive pg with range - check
    Young talent and picks - check
    all star center -check
    top 5 pick -check
    insane owner who needs to wash ..aaa.. spend money to the absolute max possible - check
    two max contracts - check

You're looking at a possible lineup of:
    harris
    defensive sg = courtney lee
    lebron
    bosh
    lopez

bench: top 5 pick, douglas roberts, vet minimum guys of which one is a rebounding defensive big for 15mins a night.
    Furthermore, no contract problems for 4-5 years..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. The best matchup for lebron is new jersey.

Good defensive pg with range - check
    Young talent and picks - check
    all star center -check
    top 5 pick -check
    insane owner who needs to wash ..aaa.. spend money to the absolute max possible - check
    two max contracts - check

You're looking at a possible lineup of:
    harris
    defensive sg = courtney lee
    lebron
    bosh
    lopez

bench: top 5 pick, douglas roberts, vet minimum guys of which one is a rebounding defensive big for 15mins a night.
    Furthermore, no contract problems for 4-5 years..
    i don't think Bosh goes to the Nets, but you never know. they could sign David Lee. David Lee + Lopez is a very good frontcourt.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The more and more I saw of LeBron in this series and especially tonight during AND after the game, it just seems that he isnt coming back. If LeBron wants to both get paid AND win at the same time..it seems Chicago would be the way to go. I could see him going to New York as well though...LeBron + another max FA + Gallinari + Lee isnt too bad. New Jersey isnt bad either with LeBron + Lopez + Harris + Top 5 draft pick...So it's up to LBJ now..should be a pretty exciting Summer..
    Its not Lee + James + Max FA.

Lees rights are gone, just because of that they can offer 2 max

Douglas
    Chandler
    Gali
    -
    Curry

Even with James and Bosh thats trash. No center, at least 2 strong defensive Bigmen missing for Lakers and Magic.

Bulls no way, Jordans shadow is unbeatable.

Nets have a nice shot if they are able to snag also a Boozer or Lee for 10mio (they have around 27mio cap).

I say the Nets have a god shot if they are able to convince Boozer/Lee together with James.

Otherwise i say Dallas has a nice shot because of a ready roster with another superstar, spending owner, the cowboys stadium... And Cavs can ship him out of the east, i wouldnt underrate that factor if James IS leaving Cavs for sure. Then they want him out of the east.

So Nets or Dallas for me.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I don't buy into playing in Jordan's shadow nonsense, if LeBron signs with the Bulls he has to make it clear this is MJ's house and he is the greatest ever, that's all he needs to say. It's a great fit, LeBron is just what that Bulls team needs and if they can manage to land Chris Bosh they would have a real shot at reaching the NBA finals.

LeBron wants to be in a winning situation and make money, Chicago offers him that oppurtunity and to play in MJ's house and try and bring a championship back to Chicago has got to tempt him.

I don't know what team he will sign with, there's a good chance he will be back with Cleveland, but Chicago is a good fit with the talent and the fact that the fans would love a player on the Bulls again they can compare to Jordan. They are already doing that in Cleveland but in Chicago he would be starting his own legacy as a Bull.

The one problem I see is the headband rule, I wonder if that can be lifted to accomodate LeBron.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Cleveland has done such a ty job in these 7 years that they deserve to lose him. Hickson, Varejao and a few rotational players like freaking Mo Williams (a backup guard to bring off the bench), Delonte West, Jamario Moon, Gibson, plus an old Jamison (who's a quality backup in his prime but not starting material) and an over-the-hill Anthony Parker, draft picks traded, no big time talent stashed abroad and no cap room? Hikes. How will Cleveland acquire talent? I can't see a way. If it's about winning for him, he should leave; but I'm not sure that's the way he sees it though.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think the Clippers + Nets are two excellent options.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    isn't Lee a FA as well, Lee might not be a Knick that's what I heard. And if Nets get the number 1 pick they could end up trading Harris since they most likely would draft John Wall

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Its not Lee + James + Max FA.

Lees rights are gone, just because of that they can offer 2 max

Douglas
    Chandler
    Gali
    -
    Curry

Even with James and Bosh thats trash. No center, at least 2 strong defensive Bigmen missing for Lakers and Magic.

Bulls no way, Jordans shadow is unbeatable.

Nets have a nice shot if they are able to snag also a Boozer or Lee for 10mio (they have around 27mio cap).

I say the Nets have a god shot if they are able to convince Boozer/Lee together with James.

Otherwise i say Dallas has a nice shot because of a ready roster with another superstar, spending owner, the cowboys stadium... And Cavs can ship him out of the east, i wouldnt underrate that factor if James IS leaving Cavs for sure. Then they want him out of the east.

So Nets or Dallas for me.
    I don't think Knicks have as great a shot with him as some people out there think, Dallas as a shot at Lebron if Cavs want him out of the East, though I have a gut feeling if they want him they will have to give up Roddy, but if it's Lebron or heck even Wade I'd jump to give up roddy, both at young and better anyway.

I agree with you Nets and Dallas have a good chance and I think Knicks and Bulls could have a chance, but not as much. I want Lebron to stay with Cavs so everyone can cry about it though

Thread Information