Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another big name wants in on the upcoming NBA free-agent superstar summit.

Amare Stoudemire, who is likely to opt out of the final year of his current contract, told AOL Fanhouse that he expects to join in talks with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson before free agency begins on July 1.

"I'm friends with LeBron, Dwyane, Chris [Bosh] -- all those guys are friends of mine," Stoudemire told AOL Fanhouse. "So I'm pretty sure they'll call me and we'll talk about a few things."

Wade told the Chicago Tribune last week that he planned to talk with James and Johnson before making a decision on where he would sign this summer. A source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Bosh also would be part of those talks.

Wade said last week that he did not know yet when the players would talk. Wade's agent, Henry Thomas, said last week that no formal sit-down sessions among the headliners of this summer's class have been scheduled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5235598

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Amare, you're not invited.

You'd just be lucky if they let you tag along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time players decided to talk about a few things was in Orlando 2000, and that didn't turn out too well.

BTW Amare is a 10-11$ mil max player, anything beyond that is ludicrous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time players decided to talk about a few things was in Orlando 2000, and that didn't turn out too well.

BTW Amare is a 10-11$ mil max player, anything beyond that is ludicrous.
    A PF that gets less rebound per minute than many point guards isn't maybe worth even that. (playoffs)

But this is the NBA and some team will throw a 75mil / 5 years contract before you can say "idiot GM".

SEE: Rashard Lewis
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A PF that gets less rebound per minute than many point guards isn't maybe worth even that. (playoffs)

But this is the NBA and some team will throw a 75mil / 5 years contract before you can say "idiot GM".

Exactly.

Amare will be a very expensive consolation prize for a team that misses out on the premier FAs. In the long run, Phoenix will be very lucky if he walks away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the long run, Phoenix will be very lucky if he walks away.
    Exactly.

If they loose Amare, Kerr might consider trading Nash and starting to rebuild. Something they should already start a year ago if you ask me.

I think we all loved to see Suns playoff run this year (except for the part when they swept the Spurs ) but realistically they overachieved and didn't have a realistic chance for the le.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Amare will be a very expensive consolation prize for a team that misses out on the premier FAs. In the long run, Phoenix will be very lucky if he walks away.
    I'd still like for them to seek something via sign-n-trade. I'd like to get some young prospects/picks. Doesn't need to be equal value, so long as the acquired pieces leave enough room for a Dirk offer. I have no idea how realistic it is, but he Nets and Suns could do a double sign-n-trade, where Nets sign Dirk for Phoenix, then swap him to Phoenix for Amare along with Lee/Future 1sts.

Random member
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Amare, you're not invited.
    And Joe Johnson is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still like for them to seek something via sign-n-trade. I'd like to get some young prospects/picks. Doesn't need to be equal value, so long as the acquired pieces leave enough room for a Dirk offer. I have no idea how realistic it is, but he Nets and Suns could do a double sign-n-trade, where Nets sign Dirk for Phoenix, then swap him to Phoenix for Amare along with Lee/Future 1sts.
    I agree. If they can get some prospects/picks back in a sign and trade that would be great. If the choice is keep him for 6yrs/100M+ or let him walk for nothing, then I believe they should let him walk.

As to your Dirk scenario. Setting aside the issue of whether it would happen, it seems that the issue of whether it is allowed under the CBA remains one of the remaining gray areas that has not yet been tested.

According to CBA guru Larry Coon:

For sign-and-trade transactions, the initial trade which completes the transaction is obviously allowed, even though it occurs right after the player is signed. What's not clear is whether the player's new team can subsequently trade him prior to three months or December 15. While a literal reading of the CBA might suggest that such players cannot be subsequently traded, the league actually considers this situation to be undefined, and won't resolve the matter until a team actually tries to make such a trade.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q82

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Holy crap Rashard Lewis earns more money than Dwight Howard.LOL!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    trying to get Dirk if Amare leaves, just go made, accept failure and rebuild:

If they know for sure he's leaving, then trade J-Rich's expiring contract to the 76ers for Elton Brand's contract and the #2 pick (Philly is reportedly willing to trade the #2 pick to a team that takes Brand). Draft Evan Turner with that pick, now Phoenix finally has the off the dribble SG they haven't had since Joe Johnson.

Draft Alexey Shved with the 46th pick and keep him overseas for the time being

Give Leandro Barbosa a post birth abortion

Try to work out a sign and trade with whatever team Amare's going to. Just for hypothetical sake, lets say he goes to Miami, Phoenix could easily get Beasley since Miami seems fed up with him.

Trade Nash to a team he wants to be traded to for young players and draft picks. I have no idea what a hypothetical scenario might be here.

Dragic - whatever
    Turner - whatever
    Beasley - Dudley
    Clark - Brand
    Lopez - Brand

STACKED

EDIT: Beasley now that I think about it, Dragic and Turner would be great perimeter defense and Beasley would ruin that. move Clark down to small forward, and find some re ed way to trade for fat Al Jefferson

Dragic
    Turner
    Clark
    Lopez
    Jefferson

STACKED
    Last edited by DUNCANownsKOBE2; 05-31-2010 at 11:11 AM.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Worked for the Spurs.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Worked for the Spurs.

I'm hoping for Harrison Barnes in 2011 if Amare leaves.

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Goddamnit Joe.

Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva? Really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worked for the Spurs.
    It was our only option. Chris Wallace wasn't a GM yet in 1998.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 4 rebounds

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta be the greatest FA class in NBA history. This summer is gonna be interesting.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is funny

There is Lebron (class by himself)

Then ...
    Wade & Dirk

Then Bosh, Amare Joe Johnson

Then everyone else ....

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    lol dumb Canadian

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Phoenix should build around Stoudemire+Lopez+Dragic.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I agree, plus Dudley as a bench player (I see him as a less athletic James Posey) and Clark depending on how he plans out. IMO though, if they're ever going to be a contender, they need an all star caliber player at SF.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Keep Amundson as well and play him plenty of minutes. With more experience+progress on some fundamentals he can be a quality big man. Keep Earl Clark as well.

Trade Nash and all the quality role-players that keep adding wins, like Hill, Richardson and Dudley.

Surround the core with young inexperienced players with high potential. Try to build a defensive-minded culture.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah, Dudley is a very good role-player and won't regress, but for the right offer (a young player with higher potential) I'd trade him. You can always acquire a player like Dudley later on.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    To add the lockerroom statesmen that keep the young guys together, that guide them, pick up guys like Ratliff, Adonal Foyle or Anthony Johnson who can't play any more.

Thread Information