Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Receive a 50% discount on our full service oil change(5qt) at the Express Lube on 12520 Nacogdoches. If you have any questions call 210 653-7355. You must mention Spurstalk to receive discount. Offer good thru TODAY.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    nevermind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I would love to take advantage, and actually need to change my oil on two trucks, but not only am I too busy to do it myself this weekend (much, MUCH school work), but I am too busy to even take it somewhere to do it. Maybe next time (plus I am just going to have to find some time early next week to do it myself).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You should call Chris Duel at the espn zone mention Zone callers get the same deal.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    how long can a car go before you MUST change the oil?

3001 miles, 1000 miles over, etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Receive a 50% discount on our full service oil change(5qt) at the Express Lube on 12520 Nacogdoches. If you have any questions call 210 653-7355. You must mention Spurstalk to receive discount. Offer good thru TODAY.
    What's the price after the "50% discount"? What brand oil do you use?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's the price after the "50% discount"? What brand oil do you use?

$29.99, BP.

Rob

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    $30 AFTER the 50% off? Does it include a reach-around at least? WTF?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

I've gone as many as 6000 once.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

I've gone as many as 6000 once.
    I feel bad for the next person who owns these cars.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd rather eat spaghetti

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

the notion of 3 months/3000 miles is outdated, imo.

my wife was terrible about getting the oil changed on our 2000 Camry on a consistent basis.

We've had for 10 years, 200k miles and the engine still purrs like a kitten at 70mph.

I've also seen studies done on taxis in NYC that go 5-6k miles of city driving with little evidence that it's time for the oil to be changed.

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Well my Corolla's maintenance light doesnt even come on until its been 5k miles....

So I'll usually go get it taken care of usually somewhere between 5-6 k, or for me, every 4-6 weeks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    $29.99, BP.

Rob
    SERIOUSLY??? This can't be real???? You can't expect me to believe a regular price oil change is $60.... what???

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    There are several shops in my area that you can get a oil change for $15-20. I really wouldn't pay more than $30.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    SERIOUSLY??? This can't be real???? You can't expect me to believe a regular price oil change is $60.... what???
    I can believe it. Some of the prices at the express lube places like Jiffy Lube etc are outrageous.

I think 30 bucks for an oil change is reasonable. I would not pay 60 though. Above 30 or so I would rather spend the 20 minutes doing it my damn self. Its not hard to unscrew a plug and change a filter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MMM SPAM. I wouldn't let a quick lube place anywhere near my engine. Also mine takes 7 quarts so I'd probably get nickel and dimmed to death.

What's ing worse is that he comes in here with his spam but doesn't even bother to come back and answer questions people have, talk about ty customer service.

And Manny, stick to something you know like maybe weather.
    Last edited by PM5K; 10-01-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    MMM SPAM. I wouldn't let a quick lube place anywhere near my engine. Also mine takes 7 quarts so I'd probably get nickel and dimmed to death.

What's ing worse is that he comes in here with his spam but doesn't even bother to come back and answer questions people have, talk about ty customer service.

And Manny, stick to something you know like maybe weather.
    What a !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey man, I don't go around trying to tell people when next low pressure front is coming through do I?

My vehicles recommended oil change interval is 6,000 miles. So I guess if I said I change my oil every 6,000 miles you'd feel bad for the next person that owns my vehicle?

Makes sense to me.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Well my Corolla's maintenance light doesnt even come on until its been 5k miles....

So I'll usually go get it taken care of usually somewhere between 5-6 k, or for me, every 4-6 weeks.
    60-70k miles per year? that's some serious drive time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Hey man, I don't go around trying to tell people when next low pressure front is coming through do I?

My vehicles recommended oil change interval is 6,000 miles. So I guess if I said I change my oil every 6,000 miles you'd feel bad for the next person that owns my vehicle?

Makes sense to me.....
    Point taken but I'd still feel bad about the next person to own your car because they'd have to deal with you. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Point taken but I'd still feel bad about the next person to own your car because they'd have to deal with you. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiick.
    That's another conversation entirely.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Our Full Service Oil Change normally runs $36.99 (5qt). That being said, we offer specials at a variety of locations from time to time. We have 22 locations in the San Antonio area. With regard to servicing your vehicle every 3,000 miles, that is entirely up to the owner. A lot of things need to be considered when figuring out which interval is best for your vehicle. Honestly, if you go by the recommendations provided by your manufacture, you should be fine, as odds are most will not retain their vehicle beyond 200,000 miles. If any of you ever have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. I do not visit Spurstalk as often as I used to, so email is often the best way to reach me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Our Full Service Oil Change normally runs $36.99 (5qt). That being said, we offer specials at a variety of locations from time to time. We have 22 locations in the San Antonio area. With regard to servicing your vehicle every 3,000 miles, that is entirely up to the owner. A lot of things need to be considered when figuring out which interval is best for your vehicle. Honestly, if you go by the recommendations provided by your manufacture, you should be fine, as odds are most will not retain their vehicle beyond 200,000 miles. If any of you ever have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. I do not visit Spurstalk as often as I used to, so email is often the best way to reach me.
    Regularly 36.99?
    You originally said 1/2 off that price, so the discout price shoul be $18.00, not $29.99.

I have been to Econolube (at Culebra & Grissom) once, will never go back.
    They were rude and tried to sell me everything else they had in stock even though I told them specifcally, just change the oil. I had just changed belts and hoses but they kept insisting those items were old (they had less than 5,000 miles on them).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans

Thread Information