Post Count
    That Seattle Kings logo looks tight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the NBA

The Sonics should have stayed in Seattle

you Stern you piece of

In a few years, he will admit to regret that move, like he did for Vancouver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, wasn't it Seattle's fault? Didn't they vote down building a new arena for their team? Didn't ticket sales drop dramatically? It sucks their team got moved but if was in fact for those reasons then they have no one to blame but themselves.

I believe in yesterday Zelophehad's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People in Seattle were pissed because the ownership group was from OKC and wanted to move there all along:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle..._Oklahoma_City

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, wasn't it Seattle's fault? Didn't they vote down building a new arena for their team? Didn't ticket sales drop dramatically? It sucks their team got moved but if was in fact for those reasons then they have no one to blame but themselves.
    Then them too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glgl

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That Seattle Kings logo looks tight
    Yeah I didn't understand that. was it in there to be ironic? Or are they trying to campaign for the Kings? Because it's pretty stupid and hypocritical to about your team being stolen, only to campaign for another city's team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the hardcore Seattle Sonic loyalists out there really did feel like Stern ed them, and rightfully so...maybe its only a matter of time before Seattle gets another NBA franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I didn't understand that. was it in there to be ironic? Or are they trying to campaign for the Kings? Because it's pretty stupid and hypocritical to about your team being stolen, only to campaign for another city's team.

Yeah, that didn't make much sense...nor did the overly dramatic music.

I reserve the right! Nick, the Nazi's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Stern, ing Jew ing up MY team. Should've ZyklonB'd his ass when we had a chance.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Ya, I watched a game there (Shawn Kemp owning Barkley )and their old stadium wasn't that bad. it's cloudy/misting/dreary most the time there, figured people would be all over indoor entertainment.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the Kings leave Sacramento the Maloof's are going to Vegas. The team Seattle needs to looking at is the Hornets. I don't know where the Hornets will be in 3 years. All I know is they wont be in New Orleans.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Must suck for Seattle fans, knowing Kevin Durant could have been the new sports superstar for that city and Westbrook as one of the league's best young PGs. Instead, Durant and Westbrook are in freaking Oklahoma City. LOL.

It's A LOT more deeper than that. The new owners that bought the Sonics planned to move them to OKC the entire team. They put the vote of the arena against a vote to build/improve new schools in Seattle. Obviously, the vote went to the schools and not the arena. The new owners knew what they were doing when they put the vote for the new arena against new/improving schools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must suck for Seattle fans, knowing Kevin Durant could have been the new sports superstar for that city and Westbrook as one of the league's best young PGs. Instead, Durant and Westbrook are in freaking Oklahoma City. LOL.

That's the part that bothers me. There must have been some loyalists out there patiently waiting for their young team to become a contender. Right when things started to look promising the team moved away. What a shame.

Thread Information