My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    This once great team, one of the most storied programs in America, is now nothing more than an easy win for OSU, year in, year out. How has this great rivalry fallen so far, so fast?

I hate the Big whatever the , but Michigan has always been the one team I kinda liked in the conference. It sucks watching them get curbstomped by sweater-vest and friends. Rich Rod has to go. Why not go after Harbaugh or Patterson? Goddamn Buckeyes...

Jamstone? Marklar?

Also... I don't watch much Big 10 action, so I'd like to know if Wisconsin is actually any good, or if they're just stomping the teams they're supposed to. Seems to me like there are 3 decent teams in the conference, and then a bunch of nobody's who would struggle in the MWC

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    They were a joke two years ago, but I was willing to give a one year pass. Last year they were a joke but you give a head coach three years in these times. This year is unacceptable. There are no excuses. There are no more passes. Two more wins from last year is not enough. They probably won the minimum amount of games to show improvement, but the way they've lost to teams and the way the defense has performed, it doesn't matter how many games they won. Rich Rod should be done. There's no reason why the defense is that bad. He plain didn't recruit enough quality defensive players. And the kicking game/special teams is just as bad. One great recruit in Denard Robinson who fits his offense and some decent receivers simply is not enough at Michigan. A change needs to be made.

Harbaugh would be nice but I don't know how realistic it is to get him. All I know is Rich Rod needs to go and they need to find someone who can recruit at all phases of the game, offense, defense, special teams. A punter who can't kick 30 yards and a place kicker who can't kick 25 yard field goals is absurd at this level of college football. Corners who were recruited as wide receivers who can't cover. It's one thing when you have one or two of those guys convert positions, but all their key DBs seem like they're freshman or sop re converted wide receivers.

It's bad. Very bad. Michigan is going the way of Notre Dame into irrelevancy. And the worst part of it is that I think most of the fanbase has become desensitized by all this losing. This is not Michigan football. It's a damn shame.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    They were a joke two years ago, but I was willing to give a one year pass. Last year they were a joke but you give a head coach three years in these times. This year is unacceptable. There are no excuses. There are no more passes. Two more wins from last year is not enough. They probably won the minimum amount of games to show improvement, but the way they've lost to teams and the way the defense has performed, it doesn't matter how many games they won. Rich Rod should be done. There's no reason why the defense is that bad. He plain didn't recruit enough quality defensive players. And the kicking game/special teams is just as bad. One great recruit in Denard Robinson who fits his offense and some decent receivers simply is not enough at Michigan. A change needs to be made.

Harbaugh would be nice but I don't know how realistic it is to get him. All I know is Rich Rod needs to go and they need to find someone who can recruit at all phases of the game, offense, defense, special teams. A punter who can't kick 30 yards and a place kicker who can't kick 25 yard field goals is absurd at this level of college football. Corners who were recruited as wide receivers who can't cover. It's one thing when you have one or two of those guys convert positions, but all their key DBs seem like they're freshman or sop re converted wide receivers.

It's bad. Very bad. Michigan is going the way of Notre Dame into irrelevancy. And the worst part of it is that I think most of the fanbase has become desensitized by all this losing. This is not Michigan football. It's a damn shame.
    Great take

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    +1

I think the program can be saved but Rich Rod is not the guy to do it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I would hate to see the Pac-10/12 lose Harbaugh. He is already arguably the best coach in the conference. It would be a big hit against the conference to lose Carroll and Harbaugh in consecutive years.

Still, I hate seeing Michigan being down. Similar with Notre Dame. I want the juggernauts to be at their peaks in every sport. It's far more interesting when the greats are great. Hope they can get a guy with ability and character, both of which are lacking in Rich Rod. He just seems like slime.

maybe i don't get it...but i think this thread is idiotic. every team has down years...even decades sometimes. reality.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    I would hate to see the Pac-10/12 lose Harbaugh. He is already arguably the best coach in the conference. It would be a big hit against the conference to lose Carroll and Harbaugh in consecutive years.

Still, I hate seeing Michigan being down. Similar with Notre Dame. I want the juggernauts to be at their peaks in every sport. It's far more interesting when the greats are great. Hope they can get a guy with ability and character, both of which are lacking in Rich Rod. He just seems like slime.
    that. I want to get Harbaugh out of there! They kicked our ass Saturday. From what I've heard Harbaugh is definitely a Michigan man so they would have a good shot at him. Anybody that can turn Stanford into a national power is a uva coach!

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

+5

I've been a fan of the maize and blue for as long as I can remember, and it's ing sad to see how far they've fallen off.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    As an Ohio State fan I fell asleep during the 4th quarter of The Game. While I do enjoy the wins part of what made the two schools such big rivals were the games being so close. Even during the OSU Cooper years, the games were usually pretty close despite Cooper's record.

If Rich Rod is not fired the result likely will not be different next year either. Ever since Tressel got to OSU he put an emphasis on beating Michigan and I don't think the same can be said for Rich Rod and Michigan. It doesn't help that he hired a bad defensive coordinator and pretty much only recruited athletes instead position players.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Rich Rod is simply in over his head in the Big Ten. He'd be a of a coach in, say, Conference USA, where you don't necessarily have to play defense. But you can't be half a football team and win at the big-time level.

Also, defensively it isn't a matter of bad coaching IMO. Greg Robinson has at least one Super Bowl ring as a DC, he knows what he's doing as an assistant. They simply don't have the athletes on that side of the ball.

I mean, just look at Jordan Kovacs. That kid should be playing in the MAC, not at Michigan. Buddy Ryan couldn't get stops when he's got players like that to work with.

Thread Information