Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Coulrophobia is Beautiful JayTheClown's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who is favorite to win a championship? You pair Manu with Gasol and Artest or you pair Kobe with Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. Who has the better team? I'm not asking if it is possible (not discussing contracts) and I fully understand it would never happen. Just answer the ing question.

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the lakers manu is the spurs best player and they are trading him for the laker's sidekick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lakers

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the lakers manu is the spurs best player and they are trading him for the laker's sidekick
    Interesting logic, but if Kobe goes on the Spurs he is no longer a sidekick. Maybe he returns to his old form with a better cast around him. Which brings me to another question. Would the Spurs be a better cast?

Yes I'm a troll. Happy? SourCandy's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow hard question. id go with lakers either way
    it's a steal for the lakers however kobe is older.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL at the responses to this question. Bill simmons can be an idiot, but if you use his if a trade was offered who would hang up first? It would be the Lakers. Thing is i think if manu had the touches Kobe had or the freedom to shoot more he would not be as good as kobe but would be regarded even more highly than he is now ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers would still be better..

Kobe is obviously a better player by a good margin, but he would have a much tougher time fitting in with the Spurs than Ginobili would with the Lakers IMO..they would both be fine in their new places, since they both have high basketball IQ and work hard, but the transition for Ginobili would be easier IMO..

Kobe would have to build chemistry with Tony Parker, which is difficult to do..there's a huge difference between a ball-dominant PG and a shooter/role player like Derek Fisher..

Kobe wouldn't have an elite perimeter defender to mask him on D if he was with the Spurs..there's no Artest to allow him to conserve his energy..

The Spurs rely on the 3-point shot, particularly Manu's, and Kobe is no longer a 3-point shooter..

Kobe has never played extended NBA minutes at a high level without the triangle offense, so even though he's a legendary player, it would take him time to adjust, just like it would for any other player..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Kobe is obviously a better player by a good margin, but he would have a much tougher time fitting in with the Spurs than Ginobili would with the Lakers IMO..they would both be fine in their new places, since they both have high basketball IQ and work hard, but the transition for Ginobili would be easier IMO..

Kobe would have to build chemistry with Tony Parker, which is difficult to do..there's a huge difference between a ball-dominant PG and a shooter/role player like Derek Fisher..

Kobe wouldn't have an elite perimeter defender to mask him on D if he was with the Spurs..there's no Artest to allow him to conserve his energy..

The Spurs rely on the 3-point shot, particularly Manu's, and Kobe is no longer a 3-point shooter..

Kobe has never played extended NBA minutes at a high level without the triangle offense, so even though he's a legendary player, it would take him time to adjust, just like it would for any other player..
    Nice

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

tell me about Lebron....and his extended minutes....he still fighting the coach for playing too much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tell me about Lebron....and his extended minutes....he still fighting the coach for playing too much?
    Why you mad? He's saying that your team would still be better.
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-09-2010 at 09:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the Mavs would still be the better team...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Great post it's almost like the "old" Harlem was back at least for a moment ...

I dis agree with one thing though ithink you put Kobe with duncan (and this no knock on Manu) it would re-energize duncan. the chance to play the Pau or Shaq role (even though both have lost a step) to Kobe would bring out th best in timmy ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plus, LOL at kobe adjusting to tony, tony would have to adjust more Im sure Pop would work a lot of two man stuff between Kobe and tim in that scenario ...

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd take the Lakers in both matchups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs easy. Kobe Bryant is a top 5 player still and would shine in the spurs system. Tony Parker is a ball dominant pg, but the system he runs forces him to pass to the open man and Kobe is very adept at getting open. Now with Tony parker and Tim Duncan pnr to distract defenders, Kobe will have an easier time finding clever ways to score. Plain and simple Parker/Bryant/Duncan and rest of crew >>>>>> what the lakers would have.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurs easy. Kobe Bryant is a top 5 player still and would shine in the spurs system. Tony Parker is a ball dominant pg, but the system he runs forces him to pass to the open man and Kobe is very adept at getting open. Now with Tony parker and Tim Duncan pnr to distract defenders, Kobe will have an easier time finding clever ways to score. Plain and simple Parker/Bryant/Duncan and rest of crew >>>>>> what the lakers would have.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The margin between Manu and Kobe is closer than most people think. Kobe is surely the more explosive scorer, but Manu is the superior playmaker.

I would really think that Manu will shine in the triangle offense because of his ability to pass and create.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lololol Lakers would be maybe the 6th best team in the West if that happened.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    If this trade happened, I would definitely go with the Celtics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The margin between Manu and Kobe is closer than most people think. No it is not, but Manu is still great.

Kobe is surely the more explosive scorer, but Manu is the superior playmaker.

disgaree. Manu is the more unselfish player ... but Kobe is the better play-maker.

I would really think that Manu will shine in the triangle offense because of his ability to pass and create.
    The last part i agree with ... Manu would be a great triangle PG ...or wing player

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The margin between Manu and Kobe is closer than most people think. Kobe is surely the more explosive scorer, but Manu is the superior playmaker.

This.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why you mad? He's saying that your team would still be better.

that a Ho and a straight fraud and he knows that I know that he knows it...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I suspect that Duncan would get more assist....he definitely wouldn't be trailing Kobe by almost 2000 assists then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lololol Lakers would be maybe the 6th best team in the West if that happened.
    Then they would go on to the beat the 3rd seed Mavs in the first round.

lol Mavs

lol first round exits as 1st and 2nd seeds

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    As of this point, Manu is the best SG in the league statistically.

The Lakers will be a far, far, FAR better team if they have Manu and that's not to discredit Kobe Bryant or say that Manu is a better individual player than. Manu is just a coach's dream. He finishes well, he's unselfish and he's one of those rare athlete that can help swing a momentum into his teams favor.

I think if Manu is with the Lakers, other players like Odom, Bynum & Gasol would flourish even more.

Thread Information