Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I watched "There Will Be Blood" again twice over the holidays and I still don't get how it didn't win Best Picture (though NCFOM was good too, admittedly).
    They did get the Best Actor part right, however...and honestly, has any 1 actor ever made the most of the roles he's played like DDL? He doesn't sign up for every other script like some Hollywood attention either...he's very selective, and as you can see from his filmography the guy knows what he's doing. Here's a list of some of the better known movies he's done. The ones in italics are ones I've personally never seen.

Gandhi (very small part)
    My Beautiful Laundrette
    My Left Foot
    Last of the Mohicans
    The Age of Innocence (underappreciated Scorsese flick)
    In the Name of the Father
    The Boxer
    Gangs of New York
    The Ballad of Jack and Rose
    There Will Be Blood
    Nine

He's also in pre-production of a film called "Lincoln (2012)," which I'm already looking forward to. Let's face it, the guy rarely does ty movies, and I applaud him for it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    He's also in pre-production of a film called "Lincoln (2012)," which I'm already looking forward to. Let's face it, the guy rarely does ty movies, and I applaud him for it.
    I was gonna mention this if you didn't. Odds are that movie's gonna be fantastic, albeit with a probable anic-like ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    He is a good actor but there are some who I'll watch almost any movie they are in like Gene Hackman, Robert Duval and others are some actors are just plain workaholics like Samuel L. Jackson who like their art and are not worried about winning an Oscar.
    And I did love The Last of the Mohicans.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I'm sorry but I believe it's Daniel Dave Lewis.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I was gonna mention this if you didn't. Odds are that movie's gonna be fantastic, albeit with a probable anic-like ending.
    Should be good, I doubt they'll it up at the end

He is a good actor but there are some who I'll watch almost any movie they are in like Gene Hackman, Robert Duval and others are some actors are just plain workaholics like Samuel L. Jackson who like their art and are not worried about winning an Oscar.
    I like the ones you mention as well, but "Snakes on a Plane" really stretches the term "workaholic."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I'm sorry but I believe it's Daniel Dave Lewis.
    Are you sure about that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Should be good

I like the ones you mention as well, but "Snakes on a Plane" really stretches the term "workaholic."
    Yeah, but that is what makes him who he is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Are you suggesting that DDL and SLJ are on the same tier as actors?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Are you sure about that?
    I would bet my right ovary.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I told you that turkey sammich wouldn't kill you

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DDL is wonderful and gorgeous, but his films don't always hit the mark with me. My favorites are My Beautiful Laundrette and The Boxer. I love The Unbearable Lightness of Being, My Left Foot, and The Ballad of Jack and Rose. I'm okay with The Crucible, A Room With a View, Nine, The Age of Innocence. I'd rather watch paint dry than The Last of the Mohicans And as far as The Gangs of New York and TWBB, his acting was so awesome I pretty much hated his character, so I they are toward the bottom of my DDL favorites list.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There Will Be Blood was ing great. He was such an awful person, but so was the kid that he s in the end. I was actually rooting for him in the end.

As for Gangs of New York. I didn't hate his character. But he was damn good in it too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    well that's an excellent take

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I first recognized him in Gangs of New York. I was like "damn this guy is a bad muther a!". I looked forward to his movies from then on. I didn't even know that was him in The Last of the Mohicans because he looked so different in it.

Anyway, ya TWBB delivered. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Are you suggesting that DDL and SLJ are on the same tier as actors?
    No, just that there are some actors who I enjoy watching even though they are not "Oscar" nominated stars. I've only seen a few of DDL's movies and the ones that I like some simply cannot stand like The Last of the Mohicans. I've tried to watch Gangs of New York but got bored and didn't finish it although that may have been because I was buzzed and just fell asleep. Most of the others on the list I haven't seen either. TWBB was awesome though. I hope I'm not ranting.

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers

I"ll take that bet, and then i'm donating your ovary to science after.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000358/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched "There Will Be Blood" again twice over the holidays and I still don't get how it didn't win Best Picture (though NCFOM was good too, admittedly).
    They did get the Best Actor part right, however...and honestly, has any 1 actor ever made the most of the roles he's played like DDL? He doesn't sign up for every other script like some Hollywood attention either...he's very selective, and as you can see from his filmography the guy knows what he's doing. Here's a list of some of the better known movies he's done. The ones in italics are ones I've personally never seen.

Gandhi (very small part)
    My Beautiful Laundrette
    My Left Foot
    Last of the Mohicans
    The Boxer
    Gangs of New York
    There Will Be Blood
    Nine

IDK much aabout your topic but damn those are some nice asses

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Gandhi (very small part)"

I caught Gandi on HDMOV or HDNET the other night, was completely ambushed by some punk racist Zuid Afrikaan punk giving Gandhi .

It was Daniel DAY Lewis, about 30 years ago.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Gandhi (very small part)
    My Beautiful Laundrette
    My Left Foot
    Last of the Mohicans
    The Boxer
    Gangs of New York
    There Will Be Blood
    Nine

For the ones you haven't seen, you need to see In The Name Of The Father and The Boxer. Both are great, and so is DDL.

The Ballad Of Jack And Rose is really convoluted and pointless, and I suspect he only did the movie because his wife directed it. He wasn't bad in it tho.

I didn't see Nine because musicals for the most part are in re ed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    I"ll take that bet, and then i'm donating your ovary to science after.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000358/
    typo

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers

dave is now a typo for day?

its an extra letter and nowhere near each other on a keyboard!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    dave is now a typo for day?

its an extra letter and nowhere near each other on a keyboard!
    misprint

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers

way to back track.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    DDL is wonderful and gorgeous, but his films don't always hit the mark with me. My favorites are My Beautiful Laundrette and The Boxer. I love The Unbearable Lightness of Being, My Left Foot, and The Ballad of Jack and Rose. I'm okay with The Crucible, A Room With a View, Nine, The Age of Innocence. I'd rather watch paint dry than The Last of the Mohicans And as far as The Gangs of New York and TWBB, his acting was so awesome I pretty much hated his character, so I they are toward the bottom of my DDL favorites list.
    tbh I loved Last of the Mohicans. Besides the story itself and the history behind it (which was portrayed brilliantly), the locations were breathtaking (Smokey Mountains, Chimney Rock) and the soundtrack remains one of my all-time favs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    For the ones you haven't seen, you need to see In The Name Of The Father and The Boxer. Both are great, and so is DDL.

The Ballad Of Jack And Rose is really convoluted and pointless, and I suspect he only did the movie because his wife directed it. He wasn't bad in it tho.

I didn't see Nine because musicals for the most part are in re ed.
    Yeah I've been meaning to see them...The Boxer is available on netflix streaming so I'll catch it some time this week. I'll probably skip Nine...last musical I remember seeing was Dancer in the Dark (for a Film and Lit class), and it was excruciating. Bjork getting hung at the end was a silver lining though.

Thread Information