Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160
Results 3,976 to 3,999 of 3999
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Was he on the team with the Texas recruits at the UA game?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Chip Kelly to coach Tampa bay, didn't see that coming.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The must be about to drop on Oregon

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Chip Kelly= Pete Carroll???

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The must be about to drop on Oregon
    My first thought. That would be lovely.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great news on LB Dalton Santos. I was offline for a few hours so it was a great surprise to see he's been offered. Texas has always needed a true MLB in this class and it sounds like they'll get him on board soon. I remember becoming a huge fan of Manny Diaz earlier in the year when he took the time to call Santos and apologize for Texas not giving him a more thorough evaluation because it was clear he's a talented prospect and everyone knew he was good enough to play at UT (he also grew up a fan of Texas). Santos just kind of got lost in the mix once the new staff came in and didn't have a lot of time to recruit like they normally would. The quotes below tell the story of how things have developed in recent days:

"Honestly, it just happened a couple days ago. Coach (Stacy) Searels will be here, coach (Mack) Brown and coach (Manny) Diaz on Wednesday. Then I'm taking a visit up there next week," Santos said.

"Coach Searels called me. He said a spot is open and it's yours. He asked if I wanted to take an official visit and I told him I did," Santos said. "Right now I'm still committed to Tennessee, but we'll see what happens."

"I'm from Texas. Texas has big interest in my book," Santos said. "We're going to think about it, get down there and check it out, and see how it goes."

"Really, Texas is Texas. If it was just about being close, Arkansas would be there, Texas A&M, schools like that," Santos said. "There's just something about that place (Texas)."

"I played with a bunch of guys up there in the Under Armour game - like Malcom Brown, Peter Jinkens. We just clicked," Santos said.

"I grew up in a family that's Texas Longhorn fans to the end," Santos said. "Growing up a Texas fan, that helps them out a ton. We'll just have to see."

Great news on LB Dalton Santos. I was offline for a few hours so it was a great surprise to see he's been offered. Texas has always needed a true MLB in this class and it sounds like they'll get him on board soon. I remember becoming a huge fan of Manny Diaz earlier in the year when he took the time to call Santos and apologize for Texas not giving him a more thorough evaluation because it was clear he's a talented prospect and everyone knew he was good enough to play at UT (he also grew up a fan of Texas). Santos just kind of got lost in the mix once the new staff came in and didn't have a lot of time to recruit like they normally would. The quotes below tell the story of how things have developed in recent days:

"Honestly, it just happened a couple days ago. Coach (Stacy) Searels will be here, coach (Mack) Brown and coach (Manny) Diaz on Wednesday. Then I'm taking a visit up there next week," Santos said.

"Coach Searels called me. He said a spot is open and it's yours. He asked if I wanted to take an official visit and I told him I did," Santos said. "Right now I'm still committed to Tennessee, but we'll see what happens."

"I'm from Texas. Texas has big interest in my book," Santos said. "We're going to think about it, get down there and check it out, and see how it goes."

"Really, Texas is Texas. If it was just about being close, Arkansas would be there, Texas A&M, schools like that," Santos said. "There's just something about that place (Texas)."

"I played with a bunch of guys up there in the Under Armour game - like Malcom Brown, Peter Jinkens. We just clicked," Santos said.

"I grew up in a family that's Texas Longhorn fans to the end," Santos said. "Growing up a Texas fan, that helps them out a ton. We'll just have to see."

Ha, and I thought Raulerson's quotes were positive.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DE Torshiro Davis...Bo Davis, Manny Diaz and Mack Brown will be traveling to Shreveport on Wednesday for their in-home visit. Torshiro just returned from his official visit to LSU this weekend but he surprisingly wasn't as positive with his reviews as you would think he'd be. He's always been a low-key guy so there's probably not much to it. Either way he'll likely end up at LSU when all is said and done and I'm happy UT will give it one more go.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WOO HOO! I'm in! Been following forever and a day now! Glad to join the crew! Most of the things I read on here come out wayyyy before others. I love it!

Hook 'Em Horns...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More on TE Vincent Hobbs per OrangeBloods...the coaches have told him he'll know by Wednesday or Thursday if he has a UT offer. This probably means the staff wants to get a feel for a few of their remaining targets before pulling the trigger with Hobbs (i.e. DGB and Torshiro). He's said he'll commit to UT right away once offered but Memphis is his back-up plan.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Santos plays like he wants to kill the ball carrier every play, hope we get him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WOO HOO! I'm in! Been following forever and a day now! Glad to join the crew! Most of the things I read on here come out wayyyy before others. I love it!

Hook 'Em Horns...
    Nice to have you. Hopefully you know a good amount of info comes from the UT pays sites and random news articles.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Santos plays like he wants to kill the ball carrier every play, hope we get him.
    Hopefully benefactor can talk to his mother before next weekend. Those quotes pretty much told you all you need to know about where he'll be playing his college ball.

I can't wait to read The Benefactor's take.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hopefully benefactor can talk to his mother before next weekend. Those quotes pretty much told you all you need to know about where he'll be playing his college ball.
    He's another guy that Wylie could help big time. He looks a lil
    Soft in the middle, Bennie will turn him into a rock.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone have a feeling that Santos could end up moving down to DE? With his speed and size, I would love watching that - given that Hicks, Edmond, and Cobbs lock down the LB group as they should.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone have a feeling that Santos could end up moving down to DE? With his speed and size, I would love watching that - given that Hicks, Edmond, and Cobbs lock down the LB group as they should.
    Hook 'Em 24/7 was discussing this very thing when it comes to Diaz's schemes. Talked about how much he likes having guys such as Edmond and Santos in the middle because of their big frames, ability to penetrate the OL and the fact they'll hit you in the mouth. They're good for forcing offenses to go outside where OLBs like Hicks, Cobbs, etc. can track you down with their speed.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hook 'Em 24/7 was discussing this very thing when it comes to Diaz's schemes. Talked about how much he likes having guys such as Edmond and Santos in the middle because of their big frames, ability to penetrate the OL and the fact they'll hit you in the mouth. They're good for forcing offenses to go outside where OLBs like Hicks, Cobbs, etc. can track you down with their speed.
    And with that, I am ready for 2012! LOL

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And with that, I am ready for 2012! LOL
    I can't remember Diaz's exact quote but it was something like, "we're always preparing this year's team for next year." Basically saying he's big on playing his second string guys as much as possible for several reasons. Safe bet that Santos sees a good amount of time next year outside of injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Welcome.. I'm pretty new as well. Damn good Stuff going On here. But I can see him at DE or like a hybrid. I like the philosophy of getting the most talented players on the field anyway u can, but I get most excited imagining him at the linebacker spot reading plays and attacking! it's looking good but I hope we seal the deal with him. This is something to be excited about considering so much negative news we've been getting lately.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Welcome.. I'm pretty new as well. Damn good Stuff going On here. But I can see him at DE or like a hybrid. I like the philosophy of getting the most talented players on the field anyway u can, but I get most excited imagining him at the linebacker spot reading plays and attacking! it's looking good but I hope we seal the deal with him. This is something to be excited about considering so much negative news we've been getting lately.
    I totally agree! Edwards already threw us to the curb (and suprisingly, I am not all that upset about it) and the DGB sweepstakes seem to have my most attention. I still feel that it is an Arky / Texas battle to the end because let's face it, helicopters just don't have nothing to do with foooooosball.

Post Count
    This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Information