Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6094827

The Denver Nuggets and the New York Knicks are discussing a three-team trade that would make forward Carmelo Anthony a Knick before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, according to league sources.
    In the proposed trade, New York would send Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to Minnesota and the Timberwolves would send Corey Brewer and a first-round pick to Denver. Denver would also receive Wilson Chandler from New York.
    The deal is not expected to happen until the middle of next week at the earliest, and one source said it could drag out until the trade deadline. Denver, which has been exchanging proposals with the Knicks for the past couple weeks, is weighing other options.
    With teams aware of Anthony's desire to play in New York, the Nuggets' choices are limited. With little chance of signing Anthony long-term, few clubs are willing to send valuable assets to Denver.
    If the trade with New York and Minnesota goes through, Anthony would be in line to receive a three-year, $65 million contract extension as part of the agreement in what is known as an extend-and-trade.
    Since Anthony's preference to play for New York is known, there is some sentiment within the Knicks organization to hold off on trading for him and wait until he becomes a free agent this summer. Such a move would enable them to keep their young assets.
    But owner James Dolan has been pressing team president Donnie Walsh to trade for Anthony before the deadline, according to sources.
    "Dolan is really pressuring Walsh to get Melo, but Denver has been vacillating back and forth," one of the sources said.
    A trade to New York would end the season-long saga that began last summer when Anthony refused to sign the contract extension with the Nuggets.
    Late in the preseason, reports of a potential four-team deal with New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Anthony a Net surfaced.
    But league sources say the deal was overblown and New Jersey was actually leaking the story in an effort to pressure Denver's new front office regime of Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri into making a deal.
    Last month, reports of another potential trade of Anthony to New Jersey surfaced, this time involving the Detroit Pistons. That deal was close to being agreed upon, but Anthony was reluctant to sign the three-year, $65 million extension with New Jersey.
    Anthony agreed to meet with the Nets but owner Mikhail Prokhorov called off his club's pursuit of Anthony in a news conference a day before the scheduled sit-down was to take place.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.
    Follow Chris Broussard on Twitter: @chris_broussard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna get done.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brewer sucks, but him and a very high lottery pick for Anthony Randolph? WTF is Minnesota thinking if this is the case? I know, there will be some protection on the pick, but how much could there possibly be? Their team is Kevin Love and a lot of crap plus Rubio is just going to wait it out until their rights on him expire. Hence, that's going to keep being a lotto pick that will eventually not have any protection on it. I guess there's a reason that team has only won a playoff series in 2004.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wake me up when some actually gets done. The Knicks should just wait this thing out, since they can just get Melo in the offseason. Denver is the only one that should be getting desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brewer sucks, but him and a very high lottery pick for Anthony Randolph? WTF is Minnesota thinking if this is the case? I know, there will be some protection on the pick, but how much could there possibly be? Their team is Kevin Love and a lot of crap plus Rubio is just going to wait it out until their rights on him expire. Hence, that's going to keep being a lotto pick that will eventually not have any protection on it. I guess there's a reason that team has only won a playoff series in 2004.
    Timberwolves FO is totally inept. Wasting draft picks and now this possible trade. What exactly will they have to show for trading KG?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I'm so tired of reading about this Melo drama all season.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Especially on Hornetsreport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks have been irrelavant for over a decade, imagine all the hype once Melo's a Knick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Nuggets are desperate at this point to get whatever they can get from the Knicks, but taking on Brewer makes no sense. Brewer would be redundant with Chandler and Afflalo. How many two-way, non shot creators on the wing do the Nuggets need?

They should cut the middle man out and take Randolph and Curry's expiring contract, in addition to Chandler. They don't have a PF of the future. Randolph could be the guy, plus he's got a higher upside than Brewer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to have a Decision II on ESPN this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling this time it will get done. #1 because it's a trade to New York now, not to New Jersey. And #2...the Knicks owner is pushing Walsh to get a deal done before the deadline now....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Nuggets are desperate at this point to get whatever they can get from the Knicks, but taking on Brewer makes no sense. Brewer would be redundant with Chandler and Afflalo. How many two-way, non shot creators on the wing do the Nuggets need?

They should cut the middle man out and take Randolph and Curry's expiring contract, in addition to Chandler. They don't have a PF of the future. Randolph could be the guy, plus he's got a higher upside than Brewer.
    I'm sure the Nuggets will package Brewer, or Chandler with 1 or 2 of their vets and clean house this Summer, provided this trade happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it does happen, do you suppose Denver will want to keep Chandler, or could we pry him away somehow? What would it take to get him (maybe this year's 1st + $500,000 -is he worth the 2013 pick also?) and Quinn, sign a d-leaguer and a trade exception if necessary.

If we don't try, you also have to worry about the Lakers or Mavs trying.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If it does happen, do you suppose Denver will want to keep Chandler, or could we pry him away somehow? What would it take to get him (maybe this year's 1st + $500,000 -is he worth the 2013 pick also?) and Quinn, sign a d-leaguer and a trade exception if necessary.

If we don't try, you also have to worry about the Lakers or Mavs trying.
    they could probably flip him to dallas easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wake me up when some actually gets done. The Knicks should just wait this thing out, since they can just get Melo in the offseason. Denver is the only one that should be getting desperate.
    I'm not sure about that. Do you think Carmelo would really leave all that money on the table when the players are almost certain to have a much worse labor agreement when he could sign as a free agent? He could be looking at 60-70% of the money he'd get from Denver by not getting the trade. I can seriously see salaries being capped at $12-$15 million a year by the lockout.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This time it will go through. Denver knows he is gone and with that they can get at least Chandler or Gali.

Makes even more sense because with such a trade they just have Amare and Anthony guaranteed for the summer of 2012 - o Paul or Deron. They can pull a Miami Heat then. Keeping Chandler and give him a new contract kills this option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to admit the mind games are entertaining.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    All season long with this ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes no sense for the wolves though, didnt LOVE want out of minne or his playin mind games to get a max contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makas no sense for Minny and Denver, total bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Minny ever do anything that makes sense? That franchise is worthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why would they rather have an underachiever like Randolph over a lotto pick from the Wolves?

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's going to New York either in the offseason or via trade.
    Might as well get something from New York

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if ur the nuggets get the knicks young players like chandler and fields, and picks

i think nene could also b eon the move with the way the nuggets are handling him also

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still say Nuggs should take Gallo in a deal even if they dont want him long-term.His contract is NOT horrible. you can flip him later plus he can play. if they get Chandler And Gallo you have an expiring plus a player who could give you SOME of what you lose offensively with Melo leaving.

Thread Information