Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep the Spurzzzzzzz from spoiling the fun. Look, nothing against the loyal basketball fans in San Antonio, and the Hall of Fame-worthy coach, and the Big Fundamental and all that. Seriously: Congrats on the fine season so far. But can we all agree to end it in May? Nobody's saying the Spurs aren't worthy of being champions; on the contrary, with oodles of depth and experience, they've got a le twinkle. And that's what's scary, because the ratings in the NBA Finals were flatter than Tim Duncan's free throws whenever the Spurs showed up. Do you want to spend June stifling a yawn? Didn't think so, either. Effective but dreadfully boring, like a Harvard biochemistry lecture, the Spurs own a variety of punches that can put other teams to sleep. They can work over an audience, too.

Rest of the article here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like a fine article from an educated writer:

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reading some of his past stuff it seems like this guy really loves him some Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a moron, he still thinks that Spurs are boring...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a lot of horse to me .....especially the part about the spurs......and u call yourself a spurs fan.....fukn poser...

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters Gona Hate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet this fella has not seen a Single Spurs game this season . It has become a recurring theme for him to keep calling them, "boring" despite their wins, and their altered style of play this season. Idiot writer, getting undeserved acreage at NBA.com .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow seriously this is coming from an employee of the NBA, this idiot should be fired. If I was orchaestrating my company to not invite a certain group of employees and their team leader to the company Christmas party (for some fun) shouldn't I be reprimanded? Boycott this fool and put pressure on the NBA to do away with writers who are not only biased but idiotic in nature and don't have a clue about what's going on other than a dunk by Lebron!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might be the worst article I've ever read on basketball. Seriously, ever. Unreal.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what can be expected from a Knicks/Lebron fan who has written these gems last season:
    "Aging and beat up, this Boston dynasty looks one and done"
    "In Cleveland, everything setting up (gulp!) just perfectly "
    "Duncan's near-departure from Spurs worth reviewing "
    "Magic's Van Gundy the perfect model of hoops coach "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs boring? I don't get it. They're scoring 104 points a game and they're not even playing their customary stifling defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might be the worst article I've ever read on basketball. Seriously, ever. Unreal.
    my thoughts too. People get paid for this moronic crap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how writers don't care about outing themselves as ignorant s by writing this garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a little email i wrote to Shaun Powell.. i'll post a reply if i receive one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestfool with the goods.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're still boring??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I bet if we would be scoring 200 points we'd still be boring.

honestfool84

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe another way to hold on to casual fans of a league is for said league to not have articles on its website actively attacking the team that is currently leading said league and looks play a major role in the postseason. Just a thought.

Another possible fan retention idea: the dismissal of untalented, possibly brain damaged writers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. Good .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe another way to hold on to casual fans of a league is for said league to not have articles on its website actively attacking the team that is currently leading said league and looks play a major role in the postseason. Just a thought.

Another possible fan retention idea: the dismissal of untalented, possibly brain damaged writers.

That is the best idea to get the casual fans of a sport to get more interested in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before I agree Spurs were boring (bowen/rasho/td) but now whenever I hear like this I think:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly this article suggests how much more a moron Shaun Powell is -

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/303488

Sports Business Journal (SBJ) reports the Spurs are garnering a 10.01 rating with the Fox Sports Southwest audience, far ahead of the Utah Jazz, coming in second with a 6 rating. Rounding out the top five teams in the local ratings race are the Miami Heat (5.4), the LA Lakers (4.9) and the Boston Celtics (4.81).
    The Spurs also made it into the top 6 in the total viewership category, no small feat considering their small market label, according to MySA. As expected, the big-city markets dominated the top five, with the Lakers viewing audience, or average number of households viewing each game, topping out at 278,000. They were followed by the Bulls (141,000), Boston (118,000), New York (115,000), Miami (85,000) and the Spurs (85,000).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. Good .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get how Boston is not boring, but we are. They score less and play a much tighter defense than we do. I guess when you have a guy that screams and yells after every play the game becomes better entertainment?

Man of many words wunderkindepiphany's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire article, not just the segment about the Spurzzzz, is rife with heavy sarcasm. The writer is intelligently commenting on the current state of values in the NBA. The league has become more concerned with ratings and the "sexy" story, than substance or the character of the athletes they put on the floor. The Spurs are an an hesis to that brand of basketball.

read between the lines

Thread Information