Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which race do you play and why do you think it is the best?

My favorite is actually the Zerg. I sucked in the league ladders with Protoss. I loathe using the Terrans.

I find the Zerg really suits my playstyle for overwhelming counter-attacks and sustained offensives. The 2 downsides I have experienced with Zerg is the need to expand fast and lack of similar unit strength vs. their counterparts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many intricacies in SC2. Many many threads could be created about those subtleties.

I'm a Zerg player, but I usually random now. Let me warn you that going the path of the Swarm is a lesson in humility.

You're going to get stomped by cheesy all-in bull both Terran and Protoss excel at in the early and midgame, although its gotten better over time - Both Protoss and Terran have received several nerfs since launch; Zerg has received only buffs. The most recent buff, changing spore crawlers root time from 12 to 6 is a big one. Makes Banshee/void ray cheese a heckuva lot easier to deal with.

But other stuff like a quick 1gas 4gate with a good proxy pylon, proxy barracks/factory/starports/gates/stargates/etc, cannon rushes, 3rax-all-in, 2starport banshees, 2gate, scv-all-in, etc will make you want to cut some Blizzard employee's throats out before its all said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually zerg has received one nerf this patch, the first ever in SC2 IIRC: infestor speed reduced to 2.25 from 2.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My friend who is a much better sc2 player than I am loves the way I use the Zerg. He played 1v1 against me to see how much better I am. He was thinking I was full of it.

He played half-heartedly and got his clock cleaned. We played again, this time he put forth effort. He tried Banshee rush and got clobbered. Third game he went with reapers and barely pulled of the win. If I had continued attacking his base with my Mutalisks, I would have won, but I made the mistake of returning to defend my bases and allowing him the time to get AA units en masse.

The counter striking ability of the Zerg is unbelievable. So far my employment of this battleplan is highly effective vs. Terran and Zerg. Against the Protoss is where I have my problems. Zealot rush is mean to me. Awww .... I literally just remembered to kite their asses. I don't think I will have as much problems with zealots again lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually zerg has received one nerf this patch, the first ever in SC2 IIRC: infestor speed reduced to 2.25 from 2.5
    Doesn't seem too bad though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is Zerg's supposed racial advantage: ability to switch tech paths extremely quickly. Sucks when your spawning pool and roach warren get taken out though

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Blizzcon 2011 Teaser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait!!!

Thread Information