Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But this Bulls team would absolutely on the Lakers...mitch definitely needs to make a move.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude...gasol would totally be ineffective against this team. 2008 all over again

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Sometimes the best move is the one not made. If Gasol and/or Bynum is traded, it will be a big mistake

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude...gasol would totally be ineffective against this team. 2008 all over again
    I agree ...sorta. We are not far. But close don't count either. To win we need to swap for a "hungrier" younger star to add with Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sometimes the best move is the one not made. If Gasol and/or Bynum is traded, it will be a big mistake
    Disagree. It depends on who we get back ...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Disagree. It depends on who we get back ...
    You could trade one or both of them for Howard and Arenas, and still have a ty bench

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers and Spurs tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You could trade one or both of them for Howard and Arenas, and still have a ty bench
    come on now..fisher...haha

Howard > Bynumm or Gasol

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Magic are dying to get rid of Arenas' contract but if they get Bynum or Gasol in a swap for Howard attendance is going to dip MIGHTILY. Better off selling your soul and trying to secure CP3 who's already halfway out the door in NO. GET'RE DONE OTIS!!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    This.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so we have a ty bench...doesnt mean we dont improve

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would probably look something like that Pistons series.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If it's a no brainer like Pau for Howard, you obviously pull it.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    come on now..fisher...haha

Howard > Bynumm or Gasol
    You're missing the point. Sure Howard is better than either one of those two, but you have to give up alot to get him, to which you have no bench already, and possibly having to give up Odom, the most consistent player off the bench. The Lakers will still be the favorites in the West next year, and at this stage of Kobe's career, you add to what you have, not subtract. Tweaks to the bench, a little more depth, and they'll be right back in the finals

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If it's a no brainer like Pau for Howard, you obviously pull it.
    What about Pau AND Bynum?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're missing the point. Sure Howard is better than either one of those two, but you have to give up alot to get him, to which you have no bench already, and possibly having to give up Odom, the most consistent player off the bench. The Lakers will still be the favorites in the West next year, and at this stage of Kobe's career, you add to what you have, not subtract. Tweaks to the bench, a little more depth, and they'll be right back in the finals
    Fixing the bench may be tough but we shall see. Like i said we are not that fa r ...but not that close as cons uted ... we make the moves you say, then maybe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tweaks to the bench...you gonna switch fisher with Blake? The bench wasnt our only problem...gasol was pussified and fisher got old over night...dont forget ron artest with his 25% shooting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What about Pau AND Bynum?
    No, I don't do it. But that's probably what it would take. I wouldn't do it, though. One or the other. Throw in some cheap expiring like Luke if it helps.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    so we have a ty bench...doesnt mean we dont improve
    Never said that they wouldn't improve in other ways, just that trading both Gasol and Bynum would not improve the team.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Few issues

- Lakers face the problem that all teams with consistent success do; players are now older and thus overpaid

- Agreed trading BOTH Gasol & Bynum is too much of a price even for Howard but team has no maneuvering space OR valuable trade bait without dealing one of them. They could wait for Bynum to walk next summer (if they choose) but he's the younger and less expensive piece

- IMO Lakers have 3 choices
    1)Try and trade Gasol & Odom to Magic and hope Arenas gets in line with this Laker team. Because even at his price tag he is still an improvement over Fish & Blake

2)Somehow try to deal for Paul or Deron Williams. This is basically a dream

3)Go into the season next year with the same team and put the focus on summer of 2012 although that doesn't really solve the issue IF Gasol doesn't straighten out

Basically the control is out of the Lakers hands. They need to catch a break from another club in a trade OR a free agent that is desperate for a ring opportunity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakeshow has other pressing questions too, like who's gonna be the coach?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    tweaks to the bench...you gonna switch fisher with Blake? The bench wasnt our only problem...gasol was pussified and fisher got old over night...dont forget ron artest with his 25% shooting.
    You really shouldn't worry about that, some dumbass owner (cough, Michael Jordan) would probably take some of those bad contracts for real talent. Watch Stephen Jackson end up with the Lakers or some like that

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't see NJ letting go of that overrated PG. Paul would be a dream, though. Maybe NO wants to get something out of him before he bolts.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No, I don't do it. But that's probably what it would take. I wouldn't do it, though. One or the other. Throw in some cheap expiring like Luke if it helps.
    The price for Howard is steep

Gasol or Bynum + Odom and your taking Arenas' contract

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Howard goes to the Lakers will Phil Jackson come out of retirement just to get another easy ring?

Thread Information