My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Game 4 of the 1st round against the Blazers was the launching point of the Mavs' le run. After Roy bukkaked in our face in the 4th quarter of that game, the Mavs went on a 14-3 run to win the le.

If the Mavs had closed that game out and headed home to Dallas up 3-1 in the series...would anything have changed? Mavs may have closed it out in Game 5, but would everything after that been the same? Would the Mavs have swept the Lakers like they did?

I don't know. I feel like Roy's heroics are what set the stage for the Mavs to make all their big comebacks later on. And without those comebacks, we would not be sitting here getting ready for a parade tomorrow.

So with that I say thank you, Brandon Roy, for helping push the Mavs to heights which we have never before seen in Dallas. Get that man a ring, Cuban. Or Terry or whomever is going to pay for them.

PS:

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    butterfly effect ..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was thinking more like Pau Gasol should get a Mavs Championship ring by his performance in second round.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was thinking more like Pau Gasol should get a Mavs Championship ring by his performance in second round.
    How about one person per round. A person who helped contribute to the Mavs' success:

Brandon Roy
    Pau Gasol's fiancee
    Serge Ibaka for being nice enough to allow Dirk to go ape
    LeBron James...wait...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 5 finger ring!!

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I have to say that considering the cir stances Roy put on one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. The dude is clutch...even without knees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say that considering the cir stances Roy put on one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. The dude is clutch...even without knees.
    Kneeless to say...

/lefty

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I have to say that considering the cir stances Roy put on one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. The dude is crutch...even without knees.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhere Lefty is jerking a nut to that.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think Dampier is more deserving than Roy.

frodo
    had bosh missed da game-winner in game 3 dem mavs could possibly have closed it up in 5 tbh.

Thread Information