My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line - looking at the information available on the CBA discussions, and the fact that the owners need/want to get salaries into line, I think that there is a very good chance that the new CBA will include another amnesty provision, to let teams get rid of some bad contracts. That would enable everyone to get off on better footing going into the new salary structure.

I know the teams will have to buy out the contracts. But dumping RJ's $8M would put us under the cap, and give some room to make a deal or two. I haven't even thought about what veterans (with current bad contracts) might become available on the cheap, from around the league. Some of them might be worth having, at the right price.

The more I think about it, I don't see how they could put together a deal without another amnesty. If you disagree, try not to be too logical about your argument, so I can go on dreaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i doubt holt is going to pay out rj for doing all to earn it...he rather absorb the er and let him sit at the end of the bench...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i doubt holt is going to pay out rj for doing all to earn it...he rather absorb the er and let him sit at the end of the bench...
    That's where he was at the end of Game 6.

Thread Information