Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked this in the Spurs section but predictably no one wanted to even consider the possibility of trading the Big 3 so I'll ask it here. Assume the franchise and the players sit down, admit they have no chance of winning a ring and a fire sale commences. What kind of value could you get for the three players? Are all three worth lottery picks? Or is Parker the only one? (And how do I space this out so it isn't a jumbled mess?!?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be surprised to see how low their trade value is right now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker could probably nab a 2012 lottery pick, a young rotation player, and a bad matching contract (unless the other team has a trade expection). Ginobili could maybe get a nice young player with some upside and a bad matching contract from a team looking to win now. Duncan makes too much to be realistically traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be surprised to see how low their trade value is right now.
    ^ CIA Pop

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what do spurs fans think they're worth? give an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony = 23.00 and a free pass to Schlitterbahn.

Tim = Parking downtown for a week

Manu = condiments at Luby's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is in his prime, still 29, and he has a pretty modest contract for how good he is, with the last year being a team option I believe. I think he could net us a decent player, but the reality is that the Spurs Big 3 are infinitely more valuable to the Spurs than any other team. Ginobili is older and on his last contract. If his play is around the level of last season he will be worth it but his age is a concern for most teams. A team like the Bulls could use Ginobili, they have a young, legit superstar and a great team of young guys but they need a leader, so to a team like the Bulls he could be valuable but would we really get fair value for him? Without taking back a contract probably not, and that goes for Parker as well.

As for Tim, there is no chance in the Spurs would trade him. And I don't think, at this point in his career, anyone wants to trade for him. He is still a top 5 center and can give a team 15/10 if he's more involved in the offense but for 21 million, nah. Then again, Cleveland traded for Shaq making 20 million but he did have a decent season with Phoenix the year before.

All in all, the Spurs are better off hanging onto them if they want to remain compe ion or have any shot at contending next year. If they want to rebuild, then trading Parker for a lottery pick, young player, and contract would probably be doable.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan = untouchable
    Manu = solid player + lottery pick
    Parker = see: Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim has worth for a team that needs a defensive big plus his $20M expiring contract, could land an all-star from a team that would like to unload future obligations. However, he deserves to retire as Spur.

Parker could probably be traded by another all-star that had a bad season. Perhaps the Spurs are mad at him because of his declarations, where he said the Spurs aren't contenders, because that could affect tickets sales. Besides his problems with Eva Longoria, makes him easy target for opposite teams fans.

Manu is highly regarded by many teams, he could be interesting for the OKC, Knicks or Magic, teams that won't need him to play 82 games and +35 mpg, but it's unclear what would they have to offer.

The Mavs went from first round exit to championship, it's not yet all said and done. Perhaps the integration of Splitter, the addition of that rookie wing defender, and RJ playing better could make big differences.

The Grizzlies were better but not by much. OKC didn't matchup well against the Spurs, Dallas was eliminated by the Spurs the last season.

Manu being healthy for game 1, Parker playing at his usual level, RJ playing serviceable, Splitter being integrated earlier in the season, and the Grizzlies would have been routed by the Spurs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan = untouchable
    Manu = solid player + lottery pick
    Parker = see: Manu

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. I don't don't see what's so funny...Kobe is untouchable and he's a role-player just like Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swept by the Mavs. I can't believe I just typed that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe has to thank God that Manu was injured those Olympics.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe has to thank God that Manu was injured those Olympics.
    Manu should thank Kobe for not going that one time and letting him get one against the U.S's B-league talent.

lol olympics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan's starters
    PF Lamar Odom
    SF Richard Jefferson
    SG Allen Iverson
    PG Stephon Marbury

enough said.

Kobe? lol @ coattailing, like he does best. (coattailed LeBron and Wade)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Swept by the Mavs. I can't believe I just typed that
    1st 1-seed to lose a best of 7 series to an 8th seed in NBA history. I can believe I just typed that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan's starters
    PF Lamar Odom
    SF Richard Jefferson
    SG Allen Iverson
    PG Stephon Marbury

enough said.

Kobe? lol @ coattailing, like he does best. (coattailed LeBron and Wade)
    Yeah, the same LBJ and Wade who came in third in their last Olympics and second place in the Finals. Kobe coat tailed them alright.

He's not called LeBronze for nothing.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the same LBJ and Wade who came in third in their last Olympics and second place in the Finals. Kobe coat tailed them alright.

He's not called LeBronze for nothing.
    Oh, you mean when they weren't getting any playing time because of 2 people who might even be more overrated than Kobe, in Larry Brown and Gregg Popo ? lol Valiant effort. I'll give it a C-.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, you mean when they weren't getting any playing time because of 2 people who might even be more overrated than Kobe, in Larry Brown and Gregg Popo ? lol Valiant effort. I'll give it a C-.
    Who was the starting center for team USA in 2004? Was it Shaq? I can't seem to remember...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who was the starting center for team usa in 2004? Was it shaq? I can't seem to remember...
    f

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty low but higher that Fish, Kobe + Gasol

Thread Information