Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol @ patent reform as idea to improve the economy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you really hate Obama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patent reform is actually a damn good idea to improve the economy. I can't watch the Youtube but there is absolutely no doubt that the BS going on with Apple/Samsung/HTC/Google etc etc is really hurting that market.

Ironic, considering you claim to be Mr. Software Patent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The currently proposed patent reform won't do for the economy, period. It will simply rape the small inventor.

If Apple gave a about the country and the economy, they wouldn't park billions of dollars overseas waiting for a 'tax holiday'.

You would think Barry is in big trouble to get re-elected. The thing is, he's so tilted to the right, that the GOP has to come out with extreme right nutcases to portray him to the left. It's just truly amazing there's no clear GOP candidate yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the currently proposed patent reform? It wouldn't surprise me if it was hijacked by lobbyists but the fact that there are patents out there for the vaguest of bull is no doubt hurting innovation a great deal. It should not be a business to buy up these incredibly vague patents in the hope of making money through litigation.

I read that Microsoft makes more money from Android via HTC phones and patent settlements than it does off of Windows Phone 7. Thats just a symptom of all this crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really just spent 6 minutes talking and said nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the currently proposed patent reform? It wouldn't surprise me if it was hijacked by lobbyists but the fact that there are patents out there for the vaguest of bull is no doubt hurting innovation a great deal. It should not be a business to buy up these incredibly vague patents in the hope of making money through litigation.

I read that Microsoft makes more money from Android via HTC phones and patent settlements than it does off of Windows Phone 7. Thats just a symptom of all this crap.
    Here's a rundown from 3 days ago: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...qUwI_blog.html

It does nothing to address patent trolling. It's just more catering to special groups and the 'first-to-file' concept is cons utionally dubious and very likely to screw over the small inventor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patent reform is actually a damn good idea to improve the economy. I can't watch the Youtube but there is absolutely no doubt that the BS going on with Apple/Samsung/HTC/Google etc etc is really hurting that market.

Ironic, considering you claim to be Mr. Software Patent.
    I have four software patents, but they are pretty useless IMHO. If you're showing someone your idea, you're better off having them sign a nondisclosure agreement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , look what Steve Jobs did at Xerox Parc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have four software patents, but they are pretty useless IMHO. If you're showing someone your idea, you're better off having them sign a nondisclosure agreement.
    http://blogmaverick.com/2011/08/06/i...e-patent-laws/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N/M - Ill wait for the response to the Cuban blog post (and subsequent posts) before going there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban has his heart in the right place. Lots of people (including me, that every time we make a successful product we're left wondering when we're going to get sued for stepping on somebody's patent) want patent rules more clear. It just isn't what's up at Washington right now though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I get that - I just think that its actually an area that could yield good results with proper reform. Of course, proper reform is pretty ing rare these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I get that - I just think that its actually an area that could yield good results with proper reform. Of course, proper reform is pretty ing rare these days.
    Then they should do it -- and we can all witness the massive deluge of job creation, the likes of which we've never seen before.

Of course most of these litigators are probably libs that don't want to lose their gravy train.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One term? , this may be the LAST term President if he doesn't quick ing around or, if Congress doesn't grow a pair and start reigning his ass in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not against patent reform, I just don't see it creating massive jobs. But, it, nothing else is working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not against patent reform, I just don't see it creating massive jobs. But, it, nothing else is working.
    They haven't tried cutting spending. That might work.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    One term? , this may be the LAST term President if he doesn't quick ing around or, if Congress doesn't grow a pair and start reigning his ass in.
    Reign his ass in? He's caved about as much as anyone could cave to the right. He's definitely in trouble with his base because he is way to the right, not because of an exciting new candidate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course most of these litigators are probably libs that don't want to lose their gravy train.
    You would be surprised to know that Marshall, Texas is the preferred venue for patent troll litigation. The "rocket docket" court is pretty famous for awarding cases to patent holders at a substantially higher percentage than other courts nationwide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't tried cutting spending. That might work.
    'They' as in democrats and republicans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'They' as in democrats and republicans?
    Either one.

Cut, Cap, and Balance was as close as the Republicans have come to actually having a positive effect. After the Democrats used it to wipe their asses in the Senate, I haven't seen much of a spine in the Republican Leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reign his ass in? He's caved about as much as anyone could cave to the right. He's definitely in trouble with his base because he is way to the right, not because of an exciting new candidate

Really, where's he caved?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either one.

Cut, Cap, and Balance was as close as the Republicans have come to actually having a positive effect. After the Democrats used it to wipe their asses in the Senate, I haven't seen much of a spine in the Republican Leadership.
    The reality is that if both sides wanted a balanced budget, you could have it tomorrow. Neither side gives a though.

And I don't know that Barry 'caved' to the right as much as him being simply a right leaning guy from the get go.

Thread Information