My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Is this what you guys wanted?

Obama Health Care Law Has Unexpected Beneficiaries

Two Texas public employee programs are among the top 25 beneficiaries of a $5-billion fund to shore up employer coverage for early retirees, despite Texas Gov. Rick Perry's vow to repeal what Republicans derisively call "Obamacare."
    The top beneficiary: the United Auto Workers retiree medical plan, collecting more than $220 million.
    The Teacher Retirement System of Texas, a statewide system for public education employees, received more than $70 million as of Sept. 22, according to the federal Health and Human Services Department. The Employees Retirement System of Texas, which covers state employees, received about $30 million.
    Calculations by Enzi's staff also list AT&T, Verizon, General Electric, General Motors, Qwest, Caterpillar and other private companies in the top 25, not to mention the two Texas state programs. AT&T received $157 million.

Several media companies are also benefiting. The Associated Press, a nonprofit news-gathering service owned by the nation's newspapers, has received $191,888.
    Why is this money going to programs that are already providing healthcare for employees? Is this payback for Obama's record breaking corporate political contributions?

Don't you love it when your hard earned tax dollars are used to buy votes?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a Democratic president buying votes in Texas

You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, no one wanted him to compromise so much with the right (especially when it got him nowhere with them)

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a Democratic president buying votes in Texas

You're an idiot.
    I think this yet another example of starting thread before thinking it through.... WC, Darrins, Yoni and the likes are a bunch of laughs..

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's good cause IIRC Perry's really ed over teachers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I wrote in January, there has been a significant uptick in small businesses taking advantage of the tax benefits offered by the ACA to provide health insurance to employees where they previously did not do so.

According to a Kaiser survey, there has been a 46% uptick in businesses with less than 10 employees offering health benefits as compared to last year.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-is-working/2/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is still against Obamacare, but isn't blind to adverse results.

Thread Information