Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    There's no deal in place, I'm reliably told, but Hornets have effectively shelved Chris Kaman until they can find trade home for him

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Kaman not with team tonight w/Hornets playing host to Orlando. Coach Monty Williams tells reporters Kaman shelved so youngsters can get PT

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75...-c-chris-kaman

FletcherMackel Fletcher Mackel
    Kaman cannot be traded in a multi-player deal until 60 days after his trade to the Hornets. So don't expext a deal until 3rd week of Feb
    Last edited by ace3g; 01-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way Spurs are in the Kaman conversation is if the Hornets are interested in RJ. Otherwise, the Spurs don't have the $$ in contracts to match up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way Spurs are in the Kaman conversation is if the Hornets are interested in RJ. Otherwise, the Spurs don't have the $$ in contracts to match up.
    Let's forget about it then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only chance the Spurs would have of acquiring him (using players they'd be willing to trade, obviously) is to offer Jefferson for Okur, then flip Okur, along with Blair and their 1st, for Kaman.

Kaman would allow Splitter to start, without the concern of having zero rim protection off the bench and fit as an off the bench replacement for him, as the sixth man and go-to scorer on the 2nd unit.

I'd prefer someone who can defend power forwards, but from a sheer talent standpoint -- even though he's overrated -- I can't see the Spurs being able to do better. And if he doesn't work out, it's not like they'd be locked into him long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop hardly plays Duncan and Splitter together, there's no way he would find time for someone who is a true blue center in addition to Duncan and Splitter. He'd never play Duncan and Kaman together and probably wouldn't play Kaman and Splitter together too much.

In other words, getting Kaman would mean less Splitter and a whole lot more Bonner.

Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have the feeling he will be a Celtic really soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed elemento. Bean town for Kaman imo.

New Orleans will get some picks/young guys or something. They don't want RJs contract lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah pop doesnt want two legit bigs let alone three with nothing to offer no would want lol@ jefferson for anyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop hardly plays Duncan and Splitter together, there's no way he would find time for someone who is a true blue center in addition to Duncan and Splitter. He'd never play Duncan and Kaman together and probably wouldn't play Kaman and Splitter together too much.

In other words, getting Kaman would mean less Splitter and a whole lot more Bonner.

Pass.
    Kaman likes to shoot a jumper so I don't think pairing him with Duncan or Splitter would be a problem, ala McDyess

The real problem is making this work financially and assets-wise for Stern's Hornets.

And even though Kaman is a capable and decent overall big...not sure if he's really what the Spurs are looking for to help on the defensive end but it would be nice to have that much talent and size in the frontcourt

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman is making 14 million this year. Even with RJ we would have to throw in another 2 million or so right?

Kaman for RJ, Anderson, and maybe Bonner or Blair. Definitely seems like a long shot as long as RJ is the main piece of the package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman likes to shoot a jumper so I don't think pairing him with Duncan or Splitter would be a problem, ala McDyess
    Offensively, Kaman could fit since, as you said, his jumper is good enough to spread the floor a bit. But defense is why Pop wouldn't play Duncan and Kaman together. And really, I couldn't blame him. Which of Duncan or Kaman could defend mobile fours?

Splitter is about five times as mobile as Kaman and Pop still doesn't trust him against any power forward who can move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman is making 14 million this year. Even with RJ we would have to throw in another 2 million or so right?

Kaman for RJ, Anderson, and maybe Bonner or Blair. Definitely seems like a long shot as long as RJ is the main piece of the package.
    Kaman for RJ+Anderson+Blair works money-wise, but I'm not sure if either side would say yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him on a 1/2 year rental, but too bad we don't have the assets. Limited playing time should drive down his FA value this summer though.

Only reason Pop doesn't play TD/Splitter is because of the crap Blair/Bonner tandem and we all know it. A Kaman/Blair pairing off the bench would cure many of those issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    As NBA/Hornets survey trade market for Chris Kaman, Rockets, Pacers, Jazz, Spurs are a few teams with interest, sources tell Y!

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/s...97550331715585

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just getting their quota in for trade/FA rumors:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    As NBA/Hornets survey trade market for Chris Kaman, Rockets, Pacers, Jazz, Spurs are a few teams with interest, sources tell Y!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively, Kaman could fit since, as you said, his jumper is good enough to spread the floor a bit. But defense is why Pop wouldn't play Duncan and Kaman together. And really, I couldn't blame him. Which of Duncan or Kaman could defend mobile fours?

Splitter is about five times as mobile as Kaman and Pop still doesn't trust him against any power forward who can move.
    But Spurs dont play any D. So what`s the diffrence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs interested again

we all know how this ends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has been on my wishlist for the Spurs for a long time, he can rebound and defend and spread the floor with his little jumper, and he has a hook shot..

Not gonna happen :/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Woj:

To be clear, Jazz checked on Kaman some time ago but doesn't make sense now. Detroit likes him, needs center. Most teams have found (cont.)

(Cont.) Hornets asking price for Kaman too high. "They were asking for draft picks, cap space and a young player," one executive says.

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman for RJ+Anderson+Blair works money-wise, but I'm not sure if either side would say yes.
    I think I would do that trade from a Spurs perspective. Losing 2 wings and Blair for another legitimate Center could potentially put us over the top.

We could actually start Duncan and Splitter and have Kaman and Bonner off the bench. Losing 2 wings could bite us until Manu comes back.

Don't really see why the Hornets would be interested though.. RJ isnt an expiring, and apparently JA can't be even be dumped for a 2nd. The only intriguing player for them is Blair. They don't really have a deep 4 line-up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pass.
    + 10
    the nightmare that is bonner will haunt us until he is 40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Woj:

To be clear, Jazz checked on Kaman some time ago but doesn't make sense now. Detroit likes him, needs center. Most teams have found (cont.)

(Cont.) Hornets asking price for Kaman too high. "They were asking for draft picks, cap space and a young player," one executive says.

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA
    2nd round, Anderson/Blair, you wouldn't be able to pull off the trade w/o Jefferson's contract though would you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to have him over Bonner and Blair, but it's a longshot.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans should all hope hard that Spurs aren't really after Chris Kaman.

The only way to match Kaman salary without trading a member of the big 3, is to include RJ. The rebuilding Hornets will only take RJ's big contract if they get tons of incentives to do so. It will take at least Splitter and a first round pick to entice them at taking RJ's contract. You can imagine more complicate scenario with a three teams trade but it won't really change the fact that RJ has a big negative trade value.

If Spurs get Kaman in a trade, they will likely have given up at least Splitter and a first to get him. Do you really want that? I sure don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the spurs would ever throw splitter into a trade for kaman.

Thread Information