Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a player in the NBA that hurts his team worse and gets more playing time than Matt Bonner?

(no Tony Parker jokes please)

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say Bonner looks good out there. He is arguably at the peak of his career in these last 3-4 games.

I think the fact that the guys around him now are decently athletic helps Bonner look much improved this season.

My beret is off to Comrade Bonner. May he keep fighting as he's been the last few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamar Odom

Glen Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This comes just a few hours after you started another thread about how bad you think Bonner is. Were you worried that the other one would drop off the first page? For everyone's sake, I hope this really is your last thread on the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This comes just a few hours after you started another thread about how bad you think Bonner is. Were you worried that the other one would drop off the first page? For everyone's sake, I hope this really is your last thread on the subject.
    That's bull . That was yesterday. Not a few hours ago. In any event, this is the last thread I'll start about Matt Bonner. Unless it's to give him credit for doing something that really helps the team. Which I can't ing imagine. Unless he retires or gives some money back. Or takes out one of the opposing teams' best players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's bull . That was yesterday. Not a few hours ago. In any event, this is the last thread I'll start about Matt Bonner. Unless it's to give him credit for doing something that really helps the team. Which I can't ing imagine. Unless he retires or gives some money back. Or takes out one of the opposing teams' best players.
    Sorry. I guess I didn't notice it - one day and a few hours earlier. That changes everything. And I can see why none of this could have gone in that thread. Really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. I guess I didn't notice it - one day and a few hours earlier. That changes everything. And I can see why none of this could have gone in that thread. Really.
    Look...it's like quitting anything. You need that "just one more". Besides, I'd like to know the answer to the question in the OP.

My other nagging question that has never been answered is why Pop gives him so many minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a player in the NBA that hurts his team worse and gets more playing time than Matt Bonner?

The king of the plus sign, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antoine Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toney Douglas says hi

He is like a poor's man George Hill running the point for NY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

judging by +/-, he's better than a load of players. Including TP, probably.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Salmons for the Kings is playing 9 more minutes per game, shooting 35% to Bonner's 45% (22% to Bonner's 42% from beyond the arc), only narrowly edges Bonner in boards, and has an assist to turnover ratio that is only barely on the positive side, and comparable PPG numbers. Efficiency rating of 6.5 to Bonner's 7.8.

What the did sports fans do to settle arguments before the internet? Probably hit each other with sticks and rocks I imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Salmons for the Kings is playing 9 more minutes per game, shooting 35% to Bonner's 45% (22% to Bonner's 42% from beyond the arc), only narrowly edges Bonner in boards, and has an assist to turnover ratio that is only barely on the positive side, and comparable PPG numbers. Efficiency rating of 6.5 to Bonner's 7.8.

What the did sports fans do to settle arguments before the internet? Probably hit each other with sticks and rocks I imagine.
    Salmons is horrible this year (14 ppg in '11 & 17 ppg in '10) and his contract is a bad one given his age and expected decline in performance. Question is - as bad as Salmons is and as bad as his contract is, would the Kings move him for Bonner if the salaries matched? My guess is that they wouldn't and that should tell you all you need to know about Bonner.

Bonner's playing well recently and that helps the Spurs for the most part - his defense is still mostly bad and that's because of his ability and not because of his effort. He has to play well for the Spurs to win - they're just not good enough to win with below average role players that don't show up.

I have no hope for the Spurs ever moving Bonner, but I do have hope that they move Blair and bring in any type of big that can steal minutes away from Bonner (that's far fetched too). If that were ever to happen, Bonner would become a lot more tolerable given that he could finally be used for his true and only NBA level talent - shooting the 3 when the situation calls for it in limited minutes. Who knows - he might become more of a clutch player if given that role.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner >>> Blair

Ball Don't Lie MattBonnerExperience's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is a saint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really like that he's playing better last 2 games.

It means he will play more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner > Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matty's just getting warmed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really like that he's playing better last 2 games.

It means he will play more minutes.
    Right. It's a catch 22. If he plays bad during the game, it hurts the Spurs. If he plays good, it means he'll get playoff time, which hurts the Spurs.

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are none so happy as those without Bonner.

silverblk mystix
    Nobody in the NBA is worse than Bonner.
    Nobody.

Baffling that a Hall of Fame coach is the only coach in the NBA that can't understand this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are none so happy as those without Bonner.

The Charlotte Bobcats don't have Bonner - think they're happy?

Thread Information