My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'll admit it, I am a fan of a lot of Ron Paul's stances. Not all of them, but as a self-proclaimed "liberaltarian" I can get behind a good amount of his issues.

Here's the problem. A lot of the craziest people flock to Ron Paul. The conspiracy nuts love him, in particular. And so, because of that bad rap, it makes me leery about siding with Ron Paul.

I liken it to being a nerd. I fully admit I am one... I read comics, I work on networks, I like geeky stuff. However, if I go into a comic store and see two people playing Magic the Gathering, they're probably living stereotypes... overweight or far too skinny, acne, glasses, and bad hygiene.

So even if I thought Magic the Gathering was a great game, and liked playing it, I still wouldn't bring it out in the open because so many of those bad examples of nerds are promoting the stereotype.

In essence, I just wish Ron Paul supporters would stop acting like dumb s, so people who like some of Ron Paul's stances can say so without being grouped in with a bunch of moonbats.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why is a person a nut if they compare Obama to Bush?

Your support comes too late because it's basically over for Ron Paul. I would like to see him on the ballot as the GOP nominee in November but it would take a miracle for that to happen. He should drop out and join forces with Gary Johnson be on the libertarian party ticket. He would do a lot of damage in November. And a lot of experts actually believe he would hurt Obama more than Romney if he ran as a 3rd party candidate.

Bear Hug Defense
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Ron Paul wanted to get rid of the federal bank and openly admitted it. Last two presidents who tried to do that got shot in the head. Paul never had a chance.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Here's the problem. A lot of the craziest people flock to Ron Paul. The conspiracy nuts love him, in particular. And so, because of that bad rap, it makes me leery about siding with Ron Paul.
    Then you must really have a problem with the liberals and/or democrats with all the loony tunes that follow them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I read:

I like Magic the Gathering, DnD, and Rush while living in my mom's basement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Paul never wears a helmet I heard, also never wears a seatbelt

gangsta

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Take away the "Mom's basement" part, and sure. Well, theoretically; I won't admit to it.

*His name's Tom Sawyer...*

Thread Information