Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a season that started out with zero player movement and one seemingly lackluster acquisition (signing T.J. Ford), many Spurs fans were wondering if the front office forgot to pay their phone bills, or simply didn't care. Rumors of the team looking to acquire questionable characters such as Josh Howard or Caron Butler, while ignoring key needs like another big, only added fuel to the fire.

Then, the front office went out and did something that is nearly foreign to the Spurs organization, and hasn't been done since 2005 with the acquisition of Mohammad: they threw some dice and improved both the team's present and the team's future midseason.

First and foremost, they traded the s of Richard Jefferson (and his gaudy contract) for a quality scorer, defender, and fan-favorite in Stephen Jackson. Even two games in, Jack has already become one of my favorite players to root for on the team...every time he makes a play gets me pumped up.

Then, they filled the hole left by T.J.'s unfortunate retirement by bringing in Patty Mills, a speedy point guard with good potential.

And finally, they managed to find a stop-gap on the front-line in Boris Diaw. While Diaw appears to be in a funk at this point in his career, I am sincerely interested to see what good playing for a winning team, and with one of his best friends and national teammates, can do for him and for the team. If the Spurs had picked up Diaw a few years ago, fans would've been ecstatic, and even now his good playing days are not that far removed. Now it's up to how motivated Diaw can be, and it's amazing what winning can do for motivation.

It's too early to say if all of these pieces will truly fit into the puzzle, but it's pretty hard to deny that they at least increase the Spurs chances, and it's comforting to see all the effort that many of us questioned since December finally starting to yield some results.

to the front office. Now let's get this team in shape and get it ready for the postseason!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Hill for Leonard trade has worked out pretty well so far.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the last thread like this was congratulating the front office for flipping the corpse of Kurt Thomas, Bowen, and Oberto for .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They say you are a culmination of the 5 people that you hang out with the most. Hopefully Diaw being around a group of guys that just "get it" will rub off on him and make him want to contribute at a high level. Same to be said for Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have made moves that could turn them into legit contenders depending on how the pieces end up fitting together. Prior to the RJ trade, I didn't think they were legit. Three moves later and I can almost start believing again.

Props, FO

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Major major props to the FO, especially when you consider how rough things appeared to be after a bad summer heading into this season.

Even for the drafting of Kawhi alone deserves them some kudos, add offloading RJ and grabbing Diaw and even Mills earns them high praise.

Even if their D still blows, and they may not get past the 2nd round, the team suddenly looks a lot better.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Major major props to the FO, especially when you consider how rough things appeared to be after a bad summer heading into this season.

Even for the drafting of Kawhi alone deserves them some kudos, add offloading RJ and grabbing Diaw and even Mills earns them high praise.

Even if their D still blows, and they may not get past the 2nd round, the team suddenly looks a lot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phenomenal moves by RC and co.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They actually were a pretty damn good team before the moves were made. I'm excited as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for making me a believer again!

TD deserves another shot at it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep...kudos to the front office!
    I know we're missing some depth up front, but from 1-13 is this the deepest Spurs team ever?

Duncan
    TP
    Manu
    Leonard
    Jack
    Splitter
    Neal
    Green
    Diaw
    Anderson
    Mills
    Bonner
    Blair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking back on it, the patience of the FO was impressive when it came to signing the fifth bigman. They could have panicked along the way and just signed a warm body. But instead, they waited around until a potentially solid player at a cheap price became available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty freaking impressive the run the Spurs have had over the last 10 years, always right there near the end. I'm feeling damn good this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking back on it, the patience of the FO was impressive when it came to signing the fifth bigman. They could have panicked along the way and just signed a warm body. But instead, they waited around until a potentially solid player at a cheap price became available.
    You had to wonder since when Spurs knew they had a great shot a getting Diaw. I suspect they knew it before the trade deadline and that's why they haven't been linked with trade rumors about a bigman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the FO can't do something about the season-crippling injuries.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Spurs office. At the end of this season Spursfans cannot say they didn't try. Sitll, most will, but that's because most Spursfans are dumb s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Hill for Leonard trade has worked out pretty well so far.
    Now that was a key acquisition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed guys like -leonard,green,neal,jax,diaw,tiago and mills are all looking like good adds/pickups right now.Rc and ferry putting in work

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    They certainly surprised me with the moves. It might not always be splashy but they get things done.

Will it be enough to win it all this year? Time will tell but we're certainly more versatile than last year.

Go Spurs!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have made moves that could turn them into legit contenders depending on how the pieces end up fitting together. Prior to the RJ trade, I didn't think they were legit. Three moves later and I can almost start believing again.

Props, FO
    I am starting to, the beginning of the year after last year I HAD LITTLE HOPE this team could get past a round one again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    george hill's soul continues to live in Kwahi's body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread OP! Props to the FO! I think we will see, like Jack, a very motivated Diop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you RC

I love your hair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get backups at all 3 slots, PG, Wing and Post, around the trade deadline. 2 of the 3 offer defensive flexibility they did not previously have. One of their better trade deadline years.

Remember when Boris Diaw played some lead guard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you RC

I love your hair
    Good things happen when RC is sober.

Thread Information