Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Report: Dwight Howard wants Stan van Gundy fired

It looked like everything was behind them, for at least another year. When Dwight Howard waived his early termination option, it finally appeared the Magic could go play some basketball completely distraction free.

Nope. According to WKMG Local 6 Sports Director Dave Pingalore, Howard wants Stan Van Gundy fired.
    Pingalore's Magic sources confirm that Howard continues to convey to team owners that he wants a change in the coaching staff.

There was an ESPN.com report before the trade deadline that Howard told the Magic to fire Van Gundy. Both parties denied that rumor.

But as one league source told Pingalore, firing Van Gundy will not come as a surprise to people that work in the NBA and that it would come from the direction of Howard.

The league source did say this is pretty much a done deal based on Howard's demands, and the Magic are already putting pieces together to make a decision after the season.

However, one Magic player who did not want his named used said that there is still is a possibility that Van Gundy could return.

“(I) do not think Stan leaving is a done deal yet,” said the player.
    If you recall, this isn't the first time this has come up and Van Gundy explicity and very humorously said he doesn't care about being fired. He said then it's the process of being fired that's bad because that normally includes a lot of losing. So if he were fired over something like this, he wouldn't care.

Van Gundy has never had an issue holding back his thoughts which is maybe one reason the team, including Howard, reportedly want a change. He hammers on players. There was even a report last season that Van Gundy agreed to tone it down a little bit at Howard's request.

But as was the case with the Howard trade saga, the Magic need to do some housekeeping. They have way too many leaks, way too many holes in their ship. Too many people talk. They need to keep this stuff in house, in private and handle it outside of media reports. Because now, Van Gundy is going to be asked about this, he'll talk about it and round and round it goes.

The Magic were granted a reprieve from the governor with Howard. And now both he, and the team, need to take advantage of that and just shut up and play ball.
    Damn... is Dwight staying at Orlando going to be at the cost of the entire Orlando Magic franchise and fan base?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    wat a puss

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not a peep. Uh, uh.

We started down this path with Media's blessing.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    They can hire Spoelstra after Pat Riley fires him in June.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Non-issue. It's just a coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard is easily the most annoying player in the NBA, at this point, I have no idea how anybody could possibly rank Lebron or Kobe above him, tbh..

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have no idea how anybody could possibly rank Lebron or Kobe above him, tbh..
    ...assholeishness. Nothing more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good news for the magic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video from this morning of SVG and Howard. Especially awkward moment around the 3 minute mark:

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2012/...rtsm4v-2057675

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh@management for ratting dwight out to van gundy. I hope he strings them along all off season then signs with somebody else.

I'm all out of bubble gum Crytek's Avatar
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    You can see (and hear) how much Stan dislikes bull ting....and then Dwight comes in, wraps up Stan, trying his damage-control skillz, basically bull ting them all. Stan gets the heck out of it. Howard is upset his demands got leaked, lol, yet plays over it.

But hey, Championship! You can get it if you really want.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol Dwight.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are we still on for tomorrow night?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Are we still on for tomorrow night?
    Yeah.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Okay. But, remember if I lose my week doesn't start until Monday at Noon. I have to sit next to the old lady next week as she does the income tax. I haven't a choice. I either sit, or, for a change she'll abuse me.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame Dwight. When a head coach and the teams star dont get along or it just isnt working, someones gotta go. I never liked van gundy to begin with

Dacos
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    howard is such a to the media.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I don't blame Dwight. When a head coach and the teams star dont get along or it just isnt working, someones gotta go. I never liked van gundy to begin with
    Most of it is caused by Dwight's constant whining.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Video from this morning of SVG and Howard. Especially awkward moment around the 3 minute mark:

i watched about a minute of it... then skipped to the 3 minute mark... haha, i just saw howard with his arm around van gundy and it was awkward enough for me to immediately stop watching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson fired Westhead

Nothing new here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron looks like a saint compared to Dwight tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think SVG is a good coach ... but cant forget Shaq calling him the "king of panic"

Maybe he just doesnt get along with dominant big men with limited post moves ...

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

wtf??

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Dwight Howard is a Cancer tbfh, I've lost so much respect for this guy.

Thread Information