Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing is impossible for this motivated team including sweeping the compe ion into the WCF and beyond. How can anyone doubth this based on the dominating fashion that they have finished the regular season and began the playoffs? Even when the Spurs had their first relatively bad game in two weeks and let up the gas a few times against the Jazz, they still won by six on the road against a team with an excellent home record.

Therefore, either opponent (I predicted the Clipps before the playoffs would beat the over-hyped Grizz) will need to bring their A game or da Spurs going to get out the brooms again!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA and Memphis are quite a bit better than Utah. The Spurs better be ready to get punched in the mouth during the next round, because the playoffs aren't ever this easy after the first round.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 6

and Timmy will be the all-time block playoffs leader after that series

silverblk mystix
    It will be the Spurs first time to be tested. How will they respond?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say get ready to be slapped in the mouth, as long as we counter with a punch we'll be fine. I know we had that one weird game we stole. But the first game we dominated them and they needed mo williams to have the game of his life and Tony to sit out to beat us.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I disagree. The Jazz are a young team but they are just as talented as the Clips and Grizz.

The Jazz have one the of biggest and most talented frontcourts in the NBA right now with Al, Favors, Millsaps and Kanter.

The Spurs despite Corbin going big, still dominated most of last nights game. Factor in that the Clips have only Hill (nonscorer)/Griffin/Aging Martin; the Lakers have Bynum/Gasol (Spurs know how to beat them); Grizz have Gasol/Randolph (who has been his oldself since the injury; and OKC who just have Collinson/Ibaka, there is no team that is going to give the Spurs as much fits as the Jazz did last night. This Spurs team is just too deep.

How many teams can say that their starters can shot only a combined 27% in a playoff game, on the road (top 3 toughest places to win IMO), against a desperate team and still win. More than likely NADA.
    Fail, and you're going to see next round how wrong you are. The Jazz have no defense and no shooting, and precious little athleticism on their front line outside of Favors.

You also forgot DeAndre Jordan and Reggie Evans for the Clips. Just the starting center. No big deal.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra Kai; 05-08-2012 at 07:36 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I disagree. The Jazz are a young team but they are just as talented as the Clips and Grizz.
    in a typical GNSF fashion

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's a reason why the Jazz are the 8th seed in the West. You're just getting blinded with the Memphis case from last year.

They are not a good playoff team, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, is that why they have victories against the Lakers, Heat, OKC, Dallas, Grizz, Clips etc. because they just suck.

NO DEFENSE. I think outside of the Bulls, no team this year completely shut the Spurs down offensively. Don't mistaken no defense of the Jazz with the Offensive juggernaut the Spurs are.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas..._boxscore.html

23 and 21 points from the Grizz and Clips bench last night, and yes, that is pretty much the NBA avg. Spurs have been averaging over 40 points per game from their bench over the last 20+ games and that didn't let up against the Jazz.

That is why when the Spurs starters are hot, it usually means they are going to blowout the other team, which was definitely the case of games 1 and 2 of this series. And the Spurs starters aren't hot, well the bench can carry this team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

The Spurs are just that good right now. 24-2 over the last 26 games. And this article does an excellent job of depicting just how good and deep the Spurs are this year.
    Agreed.

The clippers are doing the spurs a huge favor by eliminating the grizzlies, although it's defenitely not over yet. I much prefer the spurs draw LA. Not only does Parker play well vs CP3 but the spurs have plenty of bigs to throw at Griffin to make him earn every point at the foul line (where he struggles as bad as Shaq back in the day). The clippers are also a lot less scary minus Butler, and they weren't a deep team to begin with. The spurs bench will feast on the inexperienced Young, Evans, & Bledsoe.

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were 3-2 against both Teams this season so yes, I would say they are just as talented. All three of their victories came by double digits and one of the loses was by 1 point. So they could easily be 4-1 against the Clips and Grizz.
    Do you ever watch games other than the Spurs games, or are you just quick to link to the box score for your analysis? That's a serious question, because you seem to be pretty ing serious with the stupid ideas that you are laying out in this thread.

Jazz are as good as the Clippers and Grizzlies

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They were 3-2 against both Teams this season so yes, I would say they are just as talented.
    Oh

so they were atleast a 3 seed then right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh

so they were atleast a 3 seed then right?
    They also went 2-2 against the Lakers in the regular season, so they must be at par with the Lakers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Jazz have one the of biggest and most talented frontcourts in the NBA right now with Al, Favors, Millsaps and Kanter.

The Spurs despite Corbin going big, still dominated most of last nights game. Factor in that the Clips have only Hill (nonscorer)/Griffin/Aging Martin; the Lakers have Bynum/Gasol (Spurs know how to beat them); Grizz have Gasol/Randolph (who has been his oldself since the injury; and OKC who just have Collinson/Ibaka, there is no team that is going to give the Spurs as much fits as the Jazz did last night. This Spurs team is just too deep.

How many teams can say that their starters can shot only a combined 27% in a playoff game, on the road (top 3 toughest places to win IMO), against a desperate team and still win. More than likely NADA.
    Wow, you're so delusional it's almost not worth pointing out the flaws in your logic.

The Clippers have two all-stars. The Grizzlies have one. Both teams have more young talent, more veteran experience, and more depth than Utah. There's simply not any case to be made in that regard. Utah has Jamaal Tinsley getting heavy minutes at backup point guard.

The Clippers have Griffin/Jordan/Martin/Evans (Who the is Hill?) The Grizzlies have Gasol/Randolph/Speights/Haddadi. Al Jefferson has been in the NBA 8 years and Millsap 6. Those guys aren't suddenly more than they've ever been, which is largely disappointing. Putting a high draft pick with no experience and a decent motor next to them doesn't suddenly turn them into a world-beating front line.

The only prayer the Jazz would have against the Spurs was by throwing all their size at them at once. It doesn't change the fact that it was still a prayer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, Rummpd for thinking that the Spurs will sweep the Clippers or the Grizzlies.

They'll win, but they're not going to sweep any of those two teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas..._boxscore.html

10 points in nearly 80 points of playing time by Jordan/Evans/Martin. Splitter had that in a quarter of the time played last night. I am not discounting the Grizz or the Clips .
    Clearly you are, and clearly you aren't watching the other games because there's nothing you can get from what Evans, Jordan and Martin did to the Grizzlies by posting the box score. To discount what Evans has meant to them in this series is to admit that you aren't paying attention.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To discount what Evans has meant to them in this series is to admit that you aren't paying attention.
    donjuansdaddy
    box score analyst

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Rummpd for thinking that the Spurs will sweep the Clippers or the Grizzlies.

They'll win, but they're not going to sweep any of those two teams.
    Meh, saying a sweep is possible isn't that outlandish. The Spurs are playing really well, but to suggest that it would be easy, or to suggest that the caliber of the compe ion isn't going to go up a notch or two is simply delusional. Any wins from here on out will be hard-earned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    donjuansdaddy reppin the GNSFs like a boss.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meh, saying a sweep is possible isn't that outlandish. The Spurs are playing really well, but to suggest that it would be easy, or to suggest that the caliber of the compe ion isn't going to go up a notch or two is simply delusional. Any wins from here on out will be hard-earned.
    4-1 or 4-2 would be a good prediction. Sweep, probably not. The Grizzlies will win at least one game because Matt Bonner or someone will up. The Clippers will win probably one or two because they will flop up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    To discount what Evans has meant to them in this series is to admit that you aren't paying attention.
    This.

You could argue that he's been their 3rd most important player in this series behind Paul/Griffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the game. Evans, Jordan and Martin clogged the paint.
    That second sentence pretty much proves the first one is a lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about me? Where's my cred?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must have missed the Spurs being given fits by anything the Jazz did. But then again, I missed all that low post scoring from Millsap and Favors, not to mention all that talent from Enes Kanter and Josh Howard.

Thread Information