Page 163 of 210 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5245
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It completely undermines their argument. According to this, climate change is inevitable and all societies are doomed to fail regardless of how much carbon they emit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you didn't read this article either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scientists Say Climate Change Might Turn Denali Into a Literal Mountain of

Alaska’s Denali, the tallest mountain in North America, holds 66 tons of frozen human left behind by decades worth of hikers.

https://jezebel.com/scientists-say-climate-change-might-turn-denali-into-a-1833704875

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It completely undermines their argument. According to this, climate change is inevitable and all societies are doomed to fail regardless of how much carbon they emit.
    Only by a poor extension of logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only by a poor extension of logic
    Climate change wiped out them dinosaurs, too

We only have 12 years left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Not what the video said. You are bad at the thinking thing, but I do encourage you to keep trying. Only through practice are you ever going to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have little time to do anything meaningful, because of stupid kunts like you sucking up propaganda about non-existant scientific controversies. You ing idiots will not be looked on kindly in a few more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't read that. (shrugs) It doesn't say what you think it does. I will pass on asking your stupid ass any critical thinking questions on it, because you are neither honest nor smart enough to answer.

The world is warming, Greenlands ice sheet will continue melting, and will do so at an accelerating pace, and it is human that are doing it.

This article doesn't contradict that, at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Naw. AOC's green new deal has already started turning the climate around just by the suggestion of such a groundbreaking discovery. We should all walk to Hawaii and have a get together to celebrate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't read that. (shrugs) It doesn't say what you think it does. I will pass on asking your stupid ass any critical thinking questions on it, because you are neither honest nor smart enough to answer.

The world is warming, Greenlands ice sheet will continue melting, and will do so at an accelerating pace, and it is human that are doing it.

Oh noes, grab Toto and aunt Em and get to the cellar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^That's 2+ years of MUH RUSSIA talkin'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get what "climate change" has to do with "social justice", tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have little time to do anything meaningful, because of stupid kunts like you sucking up propaganda about non-existant scientific controversies. You ing idiots will not be looked on kindly in a few more years.
    I guess I'll just live my life. You can carry on with your propaganda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have little time to do anything meaningful
    wrong. It's over, we're ed.

GHG have been degrading the atmosphere for 170 years.

Nothing we can do to "fix" that.

In fact, USA and China are working hard to promote carbon energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh noes, grab Toto and aunt Em and get to the cellar.
    As I said when the thread started about nine years ago.

The evidence will continue to ac ulate, as will the science. The longer we wait, the harder it will be to counteract the gigatons of CO2 we have pumped into the system.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acid Rain caused by sulfur emissions from coal burning. Hoax
    Scubbers put in, sulfur declines acid rain gone. Lakes and forests healed.

Ozone layer being depleted by Chlorine and bromine compounds found mostly in refrigerants. Hoax
    CFCs banned, Chlorine etc levels have stabilized and are now dropping. Ozone layer may reach pre refrigerant levels in 50 years.
    Much less UV light getting in, algal populations especially in cold regions of poles stabilized.

Global warming. A bigger problem. The oceans still absorbing CO2 at high rates but CO2 levels still way high. Hoax.
    Humans did not do this, no way... And if they did it cant be stopped and its not ruining anything... The Earth has gone through many warming and cooling periods so the latest is nothing new...

Like humans really dont do anything to the Earth. But, but... a comet could hit us and we would die, one big volcano...
    But, but... we set a new record for cold in insert someplace... No understanding of global AVERAGES tending to rise.

Its here, its a problem, but we cant solve it so adjust...?
    Or deny. Like acid rain or upper layer ozone depletion. Just deny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not doomed to anything.

We will take on giant economic costs in moving agriculture, shorelines etc... but it will be a long haul thing most likely. No immediate consequences. So no need to disrupt what we got going now. Fine.

But dont call it a hoax. Read what the majority of climatologists say. None of us are experts on climate like orange straw hair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from the US Fed.

It's not hard to find DOD literature about climate change that describe it as a NATSEC threat.

https://www.frbsf.org/economic-resea...deral-reserve/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Humans Have Caused the Most Dramatic Climate Change in 3 Million Years

The level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today is likely higher than it has been anytime in the past 3 million years. This rise in the level of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, could bring temperatures not seen over that entire timespan

examine the changes in climate during the
    Quaternary period, which started around 2.59 million years ago and continues into today. Over that period, Earth has undergone a number of changes, but none so rapid as those seen today,

https://www.livescience.com/65148-human-climate-change-worse-3-million-years.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Oil and Gas Industry Set to Unleash 120 Billion Tons of New Carbon Emissions

The US oil and gas industry has the potential to “unleash the largest burst of new carbon emissions in the world” through 2050

new US oil and gas development could enable 120 billion tons of new carbon pollution, the equivalent to “the lifetime emissions of nearly 1,000 coal-fired power plants.”

Between now and 2030, the US is likely to account for sixty percent of the world’s projected growth in oil and gas production.

According to Kelly Trout, one of the report’s coauthors, the findings present “an urgent and existential emergency for lawmakers in the United States at all levels of government.”

https://www.projectcensored.org/us-o...bon-emissions/

Capitalism has ed the planet into un ability

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Climate Change Is Fuelling the U.S. Border Crisis

In the western highlands of Guatemala, the question is no longer whether someone will leave but when.

Residents depended on the few crops that could survive at an elevation of more than nine thousand feet, harvesting maize to feed their families and selling potatoes for a small profit.

But, Pérez said, the changing climate was wiping out the region’s crops.

“In the higher part of town,

there have been more frosts than there used to be, and

they kill an entire harvest in one fell swoop,” he said.

“In the lower part of Climentoro, there’s been much less rain and new sorts of pests.”

He added, “Farmers have been abandoning their land.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/how-climate-change-is-fuelling-the-us-border-crisis?utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Da ily_040319&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c104 8022fcc&user_id=43758549&esrc=&utm_term=TNY_Daily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

damn
    You don't get it either.

We know climate has changed since the fckn Earth was formed.
    At one time there was no O2, there were only anerobes. Now we have 20 % O2. Do you not get the difference?
    The entire Earth changed due to the first aerobic organisms. So you argue change has always happened therefore no worries?
    So neither you, or that dumbass, understand recent v. long term changes.

How long have sapiens inhabi ed the Earth, and what is the approximate age of the Earth?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But, but, we will have another ice age..."

None of this would matter if human beings were still hunter gatherers and we had not based the location of our current large cities next to water (transportation of goods) and agriculture in areas that are suited for it. So what if it sea levels and climate changes quickly, we can surely hunt and gather again. What a huge mistake building fairly permanent structures that last more than a lifetime. Damn civilization.

Idiot...
    Last edited by pgardn; 04-10-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information