Height: 6-3
    Weight: 189 lbs
    Birthday: 03/20/1990
    College: Missouri
    Team: Chalon (France)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some news of Marcus Denmon. So far, it looks like it's going very well off and on the court. His teammates and coaches really appreciate his personality. Chalon has played so far 2 friendly games, Denmon was the best score for his team in both games with 13 and 22 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some news of Marcus Denmon. So far, it looks like it's going very well off and on the court. His teammates and coaches really appreciate his personality. Chalon has played so far 2 friendly games, Denmon was the best score for his team in both games with 13 and 22 points.
    Thanks for the update Bruno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon just got a foot injury in the first true game of the season.

Before the injury, he was so-so. He had some nice offensive moves and is in very good shape but he was bad defensively and showed no PG skills at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon just got a foot injury in the first true game of the season.

Before the injury, he was so-so. He had some nice offensive moves and is in very good shape but he was bad defensively and showed no PG skills at all.
    Hopefully it isn't similar to the type of foot injury James Anderson had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully it isn't similar to the type of foot injury James Anderson had.
    Well, it looks like it might be.
    http://www.basketnews.net/article/ch...e-au-pied-2993

Chalon's coach: "it's on the side of his foot on a metatarsal. I hope that he didn't break his foot. Either a metatarsal has moved, either there is something. I hope we will have some quick medical results."

---------------

I guess we will know more after he got some x-rays (tomorrow?) but a big injury should be feared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, if it's metatarsal, any chance of him making the NBA will be squashed. That's the silent career-altering injury that doesn't get much pub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So unlucky unbelievable.

Hopefully he did not break his foot. James looked so freaking slow after his injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, that's too bad. Hope he recovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon got x-rays today and the fifth metatarsal in his right foot is broken. Surgery isn't needed and he is out for at least 6 weeks.

Link (in french): http://www.lejsl.com/actualite/2012/...ins-6-semaines

Anyway, good luck to him. Let's hope he will recover well but it should be easier with no pin/screw/plate in his foot.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    What a bummer. At least surgery isn't needed.

Best of luck to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The glimmer of hope he'd ever make the NBA is gone now, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still worth watching and continuing to scout him, but he shouldn't be way up on the list anymore. I hope he recovers well and proves some of the doubters wrong, but he has long odds. That injury has proven time and time again to be very difficult to return from. Perfect example is James Anderson.

Best of luck Marcus. Make some money in France while the going is good.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Balls. Sad for Marcus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big question, to which I don't have the answer is : Is it the injury or the associated surgery that create struggles for players to come back?
    It would seem logical that having some metal in the foot is a big reason why players can't come back at 100%.

What's weird is that after looking at a lot of players with that injury (James Anderson, Patty Mills, Pau Gasol, Damion James, Brook Lopez, Dee Brown, Rodrigue Beaubois, Robert Dozier, Terrico White), they all had a surgery to fix the break. Denmon is the first player I've hear with that kind of injury with surgery not needed. Maybe it's because his break is atypical (reports said his broke the basis of the metatarsal) or maybe it's because French doctors don't treat this injury like American ones. If Denmon break can really heal without surgery, it could be a damn good news for his career. If the injury finally end with a surgery, it could be indeed be the end of his NBA hopes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, if it's metatarsal, any chance of him making the NBA will be squashed. That's the silent career-altering injury that doesn't get much pub.
    It's really odd that metatarsal injuries are such career-changers for NBA players. They are quite common in soccer, and players come back from them all the time.

http://www.joe.ie/health-fitness/hea...rsal-0019811-1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno - I guess its depends on where the break was. You can have a Stress fracture, jones fracture and pseudo-jones (typically occurs with a twisting injury - avulsion of the tendon that inserts into the base of the 5th MT). Those are the 3 classic fractures you'll find at the base of 5th. I don't know enough about what cons utes pinning or not.

This website has more info, http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/jones_fracture (if he has a jones fx). Sounds like its really up to the treating ortho doc whether to pin or not. And depending on the fracture heals, he may need pinning in the future anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Denmon ‏@MizzouMonster12

Paris today San Antonio tomorrow

--

I guess he is coming back to SA for team doctors to look at the foot, then have surgery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Spurs medical staff will try everything to avoid putting screws in Denmon's foot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, bad news, Denmon will have a surgery today in SA where they will put a pin in his foot.

http://www.elanchalon.com/actualites...fin-de-journee

I hope he will be able to be back at 100% after the surgery but it seems unlikely given the history of this surgery especially on explsoive perimeter players.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some recent news about Denmon:
    http://www.lejsl.com/sport-local/201...ne-clinique-de

He is back in France after the foot surgery he had in SA. He will keep a cast for another 10 days and hopes to be back in 6 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chalon has signed today a new replacement player for Denmon with a contract that last until January 5. So Denmon is still out for at least a month and it could even be more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon update from a 12/21 French paper (Google translation). Looks like he'll be back to practice next week.

After some physical problems, finally some good news: Marcus Denmon, operated a fracture of the fifth metatarsal occurred during the first day of the championship, is no longer required to wear medical boot. According to Le Journal de Saône-et-Loire, Gregor Beugnot hopes his rookie American will make his return to training on January 7 after the winter break. In the meantime, the guard needs the agreement of the Spurs (who drafted him last June) and the surgeon who performed the operation in Texas. In fact, Denmon is flying back to the United States, and should arrive in San Antonio on Dec. 27.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish him the best. Still a long way to go.

Thread Information