Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and uh, had he been born of uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this," Romney says in the video. "But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."

In one of a series of clips from a secretly recorded campaign fundraiser, Mitt Romney makes a joking reference to his family's complicated history in Mexico, guessing that if his father George had been "born of Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this."
    The comments mark a rare moment of levity on immigration for Romney, and they're a somewhat unusual reference to his family's complicated history in Mexico. "I mean, I say that jokingly," he adds, "but it would be helpful to be Latino."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...p_ref=politics

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what,” Romney said at a private fundraiser earlier this year. “All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are en led to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an en lement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.”
    http://www.salon.com/2012/09/17/romn...y_are_victims/

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

“Our message of low taxes doesn’t connect...so my job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the five to 10 percent in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful....”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...9b7e_blog.html
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 09-17-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Holy , it's like he's TRYING to lose on purpose at this point.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are en led to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an en lement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.”

goddam, Gecko is a liar.

47% paying no income tax is more than we know about Gecko's income tax.

Paying no income tax doesn't mean a person is taking govt assistance.

en lements? Gecko thinks he's EN LED, privileged to break long precedent by keeping his income taxes secret.

goddam, one stupid mofo. Rove and his $100Ms of slander and lies won't be able to save Gecko.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    it's too bad he's actually right tho. mexicans are a larger demographic than blacks, and would attract more of the white vote than a black i'd think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From an election standpoint, everything he said is true.

All other things being equal he would have a better chance of being elected if he was hispanic.

There are 47% of the people who are gonna support Obama no matter what. Romney has to convince the 5-6% in the middle to vote for him to have any chance of winning the election.

And the message of lower taxes doesn't resonate with those dependent on government.

All true statements.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone on team red acknowledge that this might not be the smartest thing to say at this point in a presidential campaign?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone on team red acknowledge that this might not be the smartest thing to say at this point in a presidential campaign?
    Of course.

Just refreshing, as opposed to Obama lying his ing ass off every time his mouth opens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inep ude is refreshing?

Team Red!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's his MO. Why stop now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you believe Obama is still sticking to the story that the killing of our ambassador was just a spontaneous demonstration to that stupid film? The minions were making the talk show rounds yesterday with their scripts doing damage control.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was not-for-99% ears, he was being surrep iously recorded while speaking to the 1%.

Who thinks that if Gecko were Hispanic, that he'd have exactly the same policies as hyper-wealthy white Gecko?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I contend it's not event true. Do you honestly think there are not a large number of poor ass rednecks that fall into the 47% that are still going to cast a vote for Romney?

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the damn libyan president and another top official said that this was planned months in advance and the official even said that he warned them 3 days ahead of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inep ude is refreshing?

Team Red!
    It's no surprise that in Chumpworld truth = inep ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no surprise that in Chumpworld truth = inep ude.
    I think the point is that since there was no positive reason to say this, truth = inep ude.

It is like calling someone relationally inept because they told their wife that Yes, those pants make her look fat. Is that truth refreshing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the point is that since there was no positive reason to say this, truth = inep ude.

It is like calling someone relationally inept because they told their wife that Yes, those pants make her look fat. Is that truth refreshing?
    It's no surprise in CC's bunker, this is a shrewd political move.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys really believe none of the 47% who don't pay income tax are voting for Romney in this election?

You mean to tell me you think every Confederate flag waving, Wal-Mart shopping trailer park disability-check cashing redneck is voting Democrat in this election?

Ha.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I contend it's not event true. Do you honestly think there are not a large number of poor ass rednecks that fall into the 47% that are still going to cast a vote for Romney?
    Whoops, missed this the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is fantastic.

... and he absolutely wasn't joking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys really believe none of the 47% who don't pay income tax are voting for Romney in this election?

You mean to tell me you think every Confederate flag waving, Wal-Mart shopping trailer park disability-check cashing redneck is voting Democrat in this election?

Ha.
    Not to mention the old ass Medicare recipients who suck off the government teat while paying no taxes who skew heavily republican. People forget our elderly are included in that 47%.

This is more bull moocher class rhetoric from Romney although he's unwilling to admit much of his vote comes from the moocher class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You and boutons think alike.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Alledgedly, there's more to come from the fundraiser.

Thread Information