Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Led the Rockets to a repeat only when Michael Jordan retired and the Lakers didn't get Shaq yet. He's a good offensive player but plays no D and doesn't get called out for it. Beat a cinderella Knicks team in 7 games and beat an immature Shaq.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He got dpoy twice n probably would have stopped Jordan least one year if he never left nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Hakeem is the best big man I personally seen play and I've been watching the game since the mid 80's. Offensively he was better than Shaq, Ewing, DRob, Duncan, etc....

Defensively he was a beast as well. I hated the Rockets in the 90's because Dream always killed DRob in the low post...

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he's actually arguably the best defensive player of all time in the modern era. when you break it down by numbers, only like KG comes close. jordan and pippen were great too but as swingmen their ability to impact the game on the defensive end is limited compared to an equal big man counterpart.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Really? Hakeem is the best big man I personally seen play and I've been watching the game since the mid 80's. Offensively he was better than Shaq, Ewing, DRob, Duncan, etc....

Defensively he was a beast as well. I hated the Rockets in the 90's because Dream always killed DRob in the low post...
    All time leader in Block shots...

but he did put that African "D" in D-Rob's ass (no PUN)

Had Timmy met a prime Hakeem there would be no 4 Spur les...Replace Shaq on the 3 peat team with Hakeem and they win 5 straight les:

Kobe
    Hakeem
    Fisher
    Fox
    Horace Grant

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Led the Rockets to a repeat only when Michael Jordan retired and the Lakers didn't get Shaq yet. He's a good offensive player but plays no D and doesn't get called out for it. Beat a cinderella Knicks team in 7 games and beat an immature Shaq.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    he's actually arguably the best defensive player of all time in the modern era. when you break it down by numbers, only like KG comes close. jordan and pippen were great too but as swingmen their ability to impact the game on the defensive end is limited compared to an equal big man counterpart.
    Rodman would have shut him down easy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lmao he regularly face ed rodman's teams

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replace Shaq on the 3 peat team with Hakeem and they win 5 straight les:
    2000-2002 Shaq might be better than prime Hakeem. For longevity, defense, etc, Hakeem is the better player in the long run.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The only reason Hakeem looked good was because of the hand checking going on that prevented guards from attacking the rim. Guy is a good 1 on 1 defender and blocks a load of shots but can't defend the pnr without handchecking for .

Duncan and Shaq didn't come along yet, either guy would on Hakeem any day of the week.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    LOL Thinking Hakeem would 5peat with Kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2000-2002 Shaq might be better than prime Hakeem. For longevity, defense, etc, Hakeem is the better player in the long run.

this. shaq was never known for his defense, just his dominance in the paint. The Dream was all about the Defensive end as well as offense.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Ben Wallace, Rodman, Garnett, Howard, Duncan, all better than Hakeem on D.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    except i dont think anyone of those guys would of been able to gaurd hakeem

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The nigerian would've been crapped on if he ever saw 2003 Duncan and 2001 Shaq. Too bad he was too busy being a scrub on the raptors

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Honestly Kobe Bryant is higher on the all time list than the nigerian. At least he won 5 rings when the league was stacked with stars unlike 1994

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you in wit us ain't ya

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.
    Michael Jordan

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wallace has comparable defensive metrics and actually slightly beats out hakeem for about a 3-4 year window as what hakeem did for about 8-9 years..except hakeem averaged more blocks at his peak because of his height and this also allowed him to be the better 1 on 1 defender where ben could sometimes struggle down low 1 on 1 against bigger guys. Dwight howard puts up somewhat similar numbers but has yet to even match hakeems best handful of years even once..duncans aren't quite as good as the dream who was more mobile than duncan and a better perimeter defender anyway and lastly only Garnett comes close and actually probably slightly nudges Dream.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.
    Michael Jordan
    That's because he's never faced Hakeem. The GOAT himself doesn't even know how big of a he'd take on Hakeem if they met in 94 and 95.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan

Yep...MJ said his top 5 all time is:

MJ
    Hakeem
    Magic
    Bird
    *Pippen...

* we all know he'd replace Pippen with Kobe but it's just not the PC thing to say

Thread Information