Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness to Boner without the Senate being able to vote on the bill it was useless to have the vote to begin with...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be to the fury of the POTUS, who stood there and made promises that no political red tape would get in the way of relief. Ah but that was before the erection... err.. yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness to Boner without the Senate being able to vote on the bill it was useless to have the vote to begin with...
    Except that the Senate had already voted on the bill and sent it to the House. The Senate had already approved it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    This long after the storm, what can federal funds do?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that the Senate had already voted on the bill and sent it to the House. The Senate had already approved it.
    Per Issa that is why Boner didn't bring the bill up... or maybe he was referring to the House wanting to lower to 20 billion and they could not do that without the Senate being in session to vote.. this is what I get for relying on Fox News..!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This long after the storm, what can federal funds do?
    Are you joking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Issa that is why Boner didn't bring the bill up... or maybe he was referring to the House wanting to lower to 20 billion and they could not do that without the Senate being in session to vote.. this is what I get for relying on Fox News..!
    Yeah, my understanding is that Boehner thought that the Senate version had too much money for storm relief in it and so wanted to amend it and send it back. Still, the republican senate house members from the region wanted an up or down vote on the Senate version and had been promised that it would happen. I think that Boehner is really not making many friends right now.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    No.

Red cross and other disaster agencies have been doing their jobs. Homeowners and business owners have insurance, unless they were idiots. Two months later, what is left to do that is urgent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Red cross and other disaster agencies have been doing their jobs. Homeowners have insurance, unless they were idiots. Two months later, what is left to do that is urgent?
    So you moved the goalposts with a new qualifier you didn't use before.

And yeah, there is plenty left to do.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So you moved the goalposts with a new qualifier you didn't use before.

And yeah, there is plenty left to do.
    Yet you haven't mentioned any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate already passed it, IIRC

EDIT: EVAY beat me to it
    Last edited by ElNono; 01-02-2013 at 04:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be to the fury of the POTUS, who stood there and made promises that no political red tape would get in the way of relief. Ah but that was before the erection... err.. yeah
    I'm sure the POTUS speaks for the executive...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just go to show, for millionth time, that POTUS isn't divine-right king or absolute dictator. But give him all the blame anyway. It's what right-wingers due exclusively to Dem presidents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you haven't mentioned any.

It's Miller Time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Obama on Tuesday said he instructed federal agencies to “cut through the bureaucracy” to speed relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy.
    “My message to the federal government: no bureaucracy, no red tape,” Obama said. “There’s no excuse for inaction at this point. I want every agency to lean forward and to make sure that we are getting the resources where they’re needed as quickly as possible.”
    Obama, speaking at a Red Cross office in Washington, said most recovery efforts will be coordinated by local responders. But Obama said he’s also looking for ways the federal government can bring in nontraditional resources. He said the military may have some equipment that can speed up pumping of floodwaters out of New York City’s subways, for example.
    Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance.

“I told the mayors and the governors if they’re getting no for an answer somewhere in the federal government, they can call me personally at the White House,” Obama said.

ring ring mother er

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victims

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Fixed:

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Chump...

Why do you want the feds to do the insurance providers jobs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Obama on Tuesday said he instructed federal agencies to “cut through the bureaucracy” to speed relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy.
    “My message to the federal government: no bureaucracy, no red tape,” Obama said. “There’s no excuse for inaction at this point. I want every agency to lean forward and to make sure that we are getting the resources where they’re needed as quickly as possible.”
    Obama, speaking at a Red Cross office in Washington, said most recovery efforts will be coordinated by local responders. But Obama said he’s also looking for ways the federal government can bring in nontraditional resources. He said the military may have some equipment that can speed up pumping of floodwaters out of New York City’s subways, for example.
    Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance.

“I told the mayors and the governors if they’re getting no for an answer somewhere in the federal government, they can call me personally at the White House,” Obama said.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/...ricane-victims
    So what federal agency was held up by political red tape and bureaucracy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most recent reporting is that Republicans are all smiles now since Boehner promised that they will approve $9M on Friday and consider another $51M on January 15.

The fact that a new congress will be in session on Friday, meaning that the House bill will HAVE to go back to the Senate now for approval, even though the Senate had already approved a bill for relief, doesn't seem to bother them as much.

Boehner has really been having a tough time lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ring ring mother er

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20121030/DEPARTMENTS03/310300003/Obama-promises-speed-federal-help-hurricane-victims

So he never promised to cut legislative red tape. Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump...

Why do you want the feds to do the insurance providers jobs?
    1) The fed is the insurer against floods for most that have such policies.

2) Homes were not the only thing damaged.

3) lol WC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really thought he had a zinger since he edited his post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Obama also promised community leaders he will intervene to remove any logjams holding up federal assistance."

""We're going to not tolerate any red tape. We're not going to tolerate any bureaucracy. We're going to make sure that we get the help to you as quickly as we can," -Obama

Ok, you can take off your blinders now.

Face it, your guy basically told NY to off and die after he was elected.

Thread Information