Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    hate them, love them? or whatever else.

i only say whatever else because of those girls who call their lovers daddy... some serious issues there so I assume there are lots of other things too

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    strictly business tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    strictly business tbh
    sorry to hear that

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its just a thing tbh..

It has nothing to do with wanting to bang your own dad. Or at least that's the thought.

Anyway, I get along much, much better with my mother. Barely speak to my old man anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its just a thing tbh..

It has nothing to do with wanting to bang your own dad. Or at least that's the thought.

Anyway, I get along much, much better with my mother. Barely speak to my old man anymore.
    Well I want to know why they say Daddy, its so ed up haha.

I couldn't say who I get on better with - both for different reasons. Family dynamics are interesting

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well I want to know why they say Daddy, its so ed up haha.

I couldn't say who I get on better with - both for different reasons. Family dynamics are interesting
    Probably because the guy they're with takes charge of them (physically) and care for them in many different ways as a father would, minus the ing part.

I'm not into that myself, I'd find it wierd if a girl said that to me but its really not that out of the norm for a girl to call you that when you're in the act. For some men its also a turn on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Probably because the guy they're with takes charge of them (physically) and care for them in many different ways as a father would, minus the ing part.

I'm not into that myself, I'd find it wierd if a girl said that to me but its really not that out of the norm for a girl to call you that when you're in the act. For some men its also a turn on.
    Maybe you're right, sounds like a valid point. It would still weird me the out

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    it's hot when a latina calls you papi

silverblk mystix
    Its just a thing tbh..

Your dad probably realized you were a little fruitcake

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your dad probably realized you were a little fruitcake
    Wow that's very original of you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    isn't that the same thing or is it some weird latino thing thats in different context

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    isn't that the same thing or is it some weird latino thing thats in different context
    Same thing but it sounds less creepy. lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I get along great with both of mine. Maybe because I have been out on my own since I was 17.

I think the whole daddy thing is fine if you are actually a dad(dy). My wife and I don't do it but I know couples that call each other daddy, momma, mami, papi because they are parents.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Maybe because I have been out on my own since I was 17.
    doesn't mean anything. i left home at 16.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It gets really strange when they get old.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    doesn't mean anything. i left home at 16.
    All I meant by it is that we have a good relationship because we haven't lived together all that much. PLus I wasn't one of those "You don't love me because you don't let me do what I want" kids.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

i only say whatever else because of those girls who call their lovers daddy... some serious issues there so I assume there are lots of other things too
    Its just a thing tbh..

It has nothing to do with wanting to bang your own dad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I have an exceptional relationship with my parents. Also, my wife never calls me that except when in relation to the kids (i.e. "Daddy, your son wants you to pick him up").

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have an exceptional relationship with my parents. Also, my wife never calls me that except when in relation to the kids (i.e. "Daddy, your son wants you to pick him up").
    That's what I meant as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    have to disagree, i found it annoying and almost forced. As if she thought that's what i wanted to hear...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I have a healthy relationship with both of my parents. I talk to them both frequently, and though we currently live in three different states I enjoy just hanging out with them when am able to visit. Despite a few years of teenage resentment, I now have a very good relationship with my step-mother, as well.

I have no illusions of either of them as perfect people or perfect parents, and in fact my mother has some serious issues that occasionally both concern and frustrate me, but they are among the smartest, funniest, and most interesting people I've known. And they have always been incredibly supportive of the decisions I've made in my life, and have always taken a genuine interest in my various pursuits, without going so far as to treat every up of mine as if it were a special and unique flower. When I've screwed up, believe me I've known it. But when I've succeeded, their pride has felt genuine and unforced.

Additionally, while I would never want to be one of those people who considers her parent(s) to be her "best friends," I have always had a very friendly relationship with both my parents. I picked up enough of their interests as a kid that I've always enjoyed hanging out, going to movies, going to the theater, going to museums, and so on, with Mom or Dad. But I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm my parents' only kid (I have two half sisters from my dad's second marriage), that they got divorced when I was 4 1/2, and that they lived far enough away from each other when I was growing up that my time with each parent was split up into large blocks. During the school year I'd be in my mom's single parent/only child household, and during summer and Christmas breaks I'd be in my dad's single parent/only child household. There was kind of no option but for me to constantly get a lot of their attention.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My relationship with my mom was always strange; but at the time she passed away a year and a half ago most of the issues had been let go and our relationship had been the best it had ever been. I was always close with my dad, a true daddy's girl, but he has totally weirded out since my mom died. I'm completely baffled by what I see now, but I just go with the flow where he is concerned. One thing the last year has taught me is that men are pretty good at the "Oh I'm so sad and hurting, but btw I have a new girlfriend" thing; one relationship to the next in lightning speed. I guess they are lucky that way.

Oh, and I have never called any man "Daddy" except my dad!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe because their lover is father to their child?

Also though I notice that Hispanics call everyone mama and daddy, even little kids are mama and daddy. Now that's in weird

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Maybe because their lover is father to their child?

Also though I notice that Hispanics call everyone mama and daddy, even little kids are mama and daddy. Now that's in weird
    lol yeah... I can't help but laugh when I see grandma telling her 3 year old grandkid "put dat down mami"

and tons of people, at least here in the USA, call their S/O mommy or daddy. Especially the wife calling her hubby daddy. In my experience its pretty normal

Thread Information