My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamescon...ot-a-big-deal/

The United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) (UNSCEAR 2012) submitted the report that, among other things, states that uncertainties at low doses are such that UNSCEAR “does not recommend multiplying low doses by large numbers of individuals to estimate numbers of radiation-induced health effects within a population exposed to incremental doses at levels equivalent to or below natural background levels.” (UNDOC/V1255385)
    An interesting find that corroborates what I've observed in the region of Fukushima and northward. Beware of the hotspots though......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does the report address hotspots?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How about you eat nothing but imported food
    From that area for one year and then gives us your expert opinion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does the report address hotspots?
    Ah, tis good to hear from you again WH. How is your music treating you?

It would appear that the interim report does not address them directly, but the final report will (unless I overlooked something, which is a distinct possibility since I have 3 glasses of Marnier on board).

http://www.unscear.org/unscear/en/fukushima.html - Second bullet point.

The studies being conducted currently are contained in Chapter 2, Section B, Paragraph 9. There are three distinct studies which follow the population, one examining foodstuffs, and one which investigates the local fauna/flora. Hotspots may well be revealed as an incidental find in the latter two.

http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/67/46

Methinks that the main thrust of this report was to clarify any misconceptions which may arise in low dose exposure studies and to lay out the radiobiologic principles which underlie them. This report backs up the 2007 ICRP report which asserts that collective effective dose is not an appropriate metric for assessing epidemiological risk. If one subjects recent studies to an appropriate level of scrutiny, it becomes obvious that many of them distract from the real issue: Identifying and decontaminating hotspots.

Rest assured, I'll be taking more than a cursory glance at the final report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ]Ah, tis good to hear from you again WH. How is your music treating you?
    Practicing daily. Improvement, yes, but excellence still eludes me. I do enjoy it, so I'll keep doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Practicing daily. Improvement, yes, but excellence still eludes me. I do enjoy it, so I'll keep doing it.
    If you enjoy it then it's excellent. At least that is what I would think.

Thread Information