Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein: Add one more team to list of those showing interest in @JJ Re : San Antonio. Magic, from start, have wanted no less than a first for him Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's discussed in the Big Thread but, yeah, I like the idea of Re in theory but I don't see a trade that makes sense. I wouldn't trade a player like Green or Diaw for him so that limits the options. I'd trade a first rounder for him (even though he'd probably just be a rental) but making the salaries match is tricky, especially since the Magic have 15 players.

I just don't see a trade that makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yes we know.. we've been discussing it for the past 2 hours in the Trade Deadline thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I’m one of the shortest centers in the league, but at the same time I think I’ve got one of the biggest hearts in the league.
    DeJuan Blair

DeJuan Blair doesn’t have ACL tendons in his knees. He also is in his sop re season starting every game for the West’s best record, the San Antonio Spurs. The former Pitt star got his knees operated on in high school. The doctors failed to repair the partially torn ACL tendons, yet Blair kept playing. After time, muscle and ligaments strengthened as the tendons deteriorated until disappearance. His unique movement has given him the opportunity to further the compe ion on the court. After pro scouts were educated about Blair’s past, his NBA stock dropped resulting in a second round draft pick at 37 to the Spurs. Since the draft, he has recorded two 20/20 games, won MVP in the Rookie All-Star game, and finished his Rookie year on the Second-Team. His relentless effort on the court has granted him respect by many individuals and veterans in the Spurs organization. Antonio McDyess has been heavily impressed by Blair’s knack for rebounding and court presence. The future of DeJuan Blair’s knees are unknown, but he is off to a beautiful start. Knee injuries are a vital tragedy for many athletes (Brandon Roy is a prime example). Being able to cope and build off of one is a miracle for Blair. Even if his career is shortened, he is assisting the Spurs’ fight for another Championship before Tim, Tony, and Manu hang up their Jersey’s.

He’s got a great future ahead of him,” said the Spurs veteran Antonio McDyess, an accomplished rebounder himself. “He’s relentless. He plays hard every possession
    Last edited by playblair; 02-21-2013 at 04:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^ LOL What a crock of !!!

"I’m one of the shortest centers in the league, but at the same time I think I’ve got one of the biggest hearts in the league. I just don't use that big heart to work on my game."
    DeJuan Blair Sucks!

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m one of the shortest centers in the league, but at the same time I think I’ve got one of the biggest hearts in the league.
    DeJuan Blair
    Crap, so in addition to no ACL's, now he has an enlarged heart?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL!!! @ Enlarged Heart

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we target anybody from Orlando, it should be Nikola Vucevic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do not want... Has to be some kind of smoke screen. I don't see how he is an upgrade over Neal/De Colo

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the position the Spurs should make a move to improve is at the shooting guard spot. I'm unsure how JJ Re is an improvement over Danny Green. He's certainly not worth a pick for.

And why the would the Spurs want Booby Gibson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA I discounted San Antonio-Re talks a bit earlier, but sources insisting there are legitimate scenarios in play that make Spurs a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amiss with Gibson..

And Re for a first rounder alone makes no sense at all considering the Spurs penny pinch to stay below the tax line.

No way Re can be dealt for, without involving Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA I discounted San Antonio-Re talks a bit earlier, but sources insisting there are legitimate scenarios in play that make Spurs a factor.
    Maybe those scenarios have the Spurs involved as part of a 3-team trade??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do not want... Has to be some kind of smoke screen. I don't see how he is an upgrade over Neal/De Colo
    Exactly, it's Orlando trying to run up the best deal they can get. You don't blow up the team chemistry for a deal like this. We'd be sending out 3 guys for him. That'd screw up our on court chemistry big time when 2nd team is on the floor. Pop would never go for it. Plus since when does a Spurs deal leak like this? If it did leak, we'd walk away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I think about it, if Orlando is thinking of sending him to a WC team, then why wouldn't the FO try to run up what Orlando could get for him? Weaken the team that gets him every bit you can, without having to use any of your own resources to do so... CIA Pop...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Re rumors have me worried because, while I think Re is a solid player, to get him in a trade it looks like the Spurs would have to give up a valuable piece in order to make the salaries match. I'd trade scraps (like Neal, Bonner, Blair) and a first for Re but I wouldn't want to give up someone like Green or Diaw for him. Even Jackson plus a first rounder for Re + scraps isn't a trade I'd love. The Spurs need Jackson's size on the wing more than another undersized shooting guard, IMO.

As for Boobie Gibson .... wtf? He's having his second straight very bad year. And again, an undersized shooting guard doesn't make sense on this roster. Neal, Mills or De Colo > Gibson. , I like Joseph more than Gibson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re makes some sense if Manu is going to be the backup pg. The playoffs rotation will probably be: Parker, Manu, Green, Re , Kawhi, Jack, Duncan, Splitter, Diaw. Plus maybe Mills if Manu has trouble bringing the ball.

The trade could be Bonner, De Colo and a pick for Re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this interest for Red isn't because Manu seriously think at a retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re makes some sense if Manu is going to be the backup pg. The playoffs rotation will probably be: Parker, Manu, Green, Re , Kawhi, Jack, Duncan, Splitter, Diaw. Plus maybe Mills if Manu has trouble bringing the ball.

The trade could be Bonner, De Colo and a pick for Re .
    That would require Orlando to cut someone, which I do not think they are able to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this interest for Red isn't because Manu seriously think at a retirement.

This isn't necessarily a horrible thing; Manu has given us all the blood, sweat, and tears he has along with helping us win 3 championships. If he retires, it's because he doesn't think he can be an asset to the team any longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that case, the Spurs would sign Re after the season and could keep the pick and the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    refuse to beleive this garbage tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is all the interest in SG caliber players. It seems like half the team already fits this bill. I understand that Re has a high BB IQ, but is that all there is to it?......and Gibson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would require Orlando to cut someone, which I do not think they are able to do.
    They may not want to, but any player can be waived.

Thread Information