Born: Oct 27, 1987
    Height: 7-0 / 2.13
    Weight: 285 lbs. / 129.3 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country: St. Joseph HS (NJ) / USA

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worth taking a gamble? How much should the Spurs offer him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd probably ruin his knee again in Tim's charity bowling event.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even writing in this thread makes me a little feel little sick but I will take one for the team I guess. Bynum may give you 1 or 2 good seasons in a 4 year deal but I am pretty sure that along the way 1-2 of the remaining seasons he will be injured or simply not want to perform. The guy is not only lacking good physical health but also his mental state is on shaky ground as well. In no way should you risk the future of a franchise on someone like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is a perfect definition of an asshole in the NBA ..then it is this guy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be his profile photo tbh

And I'd give my left nut to have a healthy Bynum lining up at center for the Spurs. So tempting with the money the team will have available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if it's a 1-year contract. He is a beast when healthy, but whoever gives him a multiple-year contrat will regret big time. It's basically Amare Stoudamire part II

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mentally fragile is what iam mostly scared of. no doubt he can be a beast BUT can he handle pop yelling at him for every missed rotation or a defense collapse? if he cant handle that then its pointless to even consider him. he will cause chemistry problems and then we will eventually have to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but if Splitter starts pulling $12-$14 million offers on the market (I mean, never doubt Portland), I'd pay Bynum $17 million. Either way would be an enormous gamble for the franchise, but I love Bynum's game so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but if Splitter starts pulling $12-$14 million offers on the market (I mean, never doubt Portland), I'd pay Bynum $17 million. Either way would be an enormous gamble for the franchise, but I love Bynum's game so much.
    Yeah that's pretty ing crazy, but I can't deny how much it'll payoff if he gets healthy. I think his best bet, aside from suckering a team to give him a huge contract, is to play for a smaller 1 year contract to prove his worth and test the market again next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's pretty ing crazy, but I can't deny how much it'll payoff if he gets healthy. I think his best bet, aside from suckering a team to give him a huge contract, is to play for a smaller 1 year contract to prove his worth and test the market again next summer.
    That's not going to happen. Bynum will get a huge multiyear offer somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be able to put together a string of solid seasons but I don't see him ever getting completely healthy and staying that way. Huge risk to whoever pays him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 million is way too much for Bynum. if its a multiyear deal and doesn't work out it would destroy the end of the timmy era

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AVOID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bynum is crazy talented, and the upside he provides is well worth the risk of injury. If Dwight Howard can't be obtained, I wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs participate in a bidding war for him. I mean, if we get him and he remains healthy, we're going to win the championship next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bynum is crazy talented, and the upside he provides is well worth the risk of injury. If Dwight Howard can't be obtained, I wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs participate in a bidding war for him. I mean, if we get him and he remains healthy, we're going to win the championship next season.
    Only thing is, he will be asking TOO much money. Right now I don't even know if he's worth Splitter money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In eight years he has played in 60 games three times. On top of that, he has character issues. Barea etc. This is a no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Oden actually may see more games than this guy next year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will command a big, long-term salary, can't play next to Duncan against the Thunder or Heat, has knees made of glass, and is likely a head case. Four strikes is way too many.

Thread Information