Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's say the Spurs pull off the trade of Rasho/Nazr for SAR...
    Let's say the Spurs resign Big Dogg with all or a portion of the MLE..

Our 06 team would look like this IMO:

Starters:
    PG:Parker
    SG:Manu
    SF:Bowen
    PF:SAR
    Cuncan

Bench:
    Beno
    Devin
    Barry
    Big Dogg
    Horry
    Nazr
    Player X(Scola? TMass?)

IR:Who knows?

In the immortal words of Sequ....Sheyitttt. I've never been a SAR fan...but on paper that lineup is ing devastating...

Can anyone project what the likely payroll for that team would be?

I think it would pretty cheap actually for all the talent it has on it...about 55-58 million...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if there was a word that meant devestating better than devestating, that lineup would be it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like SAR as a starter at all or a pf...and Tim being a 5...

That just wouldn't work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question with GRobinson is can you get him for MLE type money for 2 or 3 seasons? I'd say he has about 2 to 3 worthwhile seasons left. He'd be a nice fit in SA, but you don't want to be stuck with him too long. The type of deal that Horry got seems pretty ideal for GRob.

If you can't get him for that, I still think that Kukoc is a good guy to have at the end of the bench. He'd cost the min or LLE for a year or two at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really really want to keep Glenn. He can be bad ass for us next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...that's potentially 4 All Stars in the starting lineup...and the guy that probably won't make the All Star Team will challenge for DPOY...

The bench has the guy with the best midrange in the game, the clutchest guy in the game, pretty much the most efficient shooter in the game, and an O rebounding machine...not to mention a talented rookie and potentially the best PF in Europe...And a more experienced and talented back up PG in Beno.

Let's do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like SAR as a starter at all or a pf...and Tim being a 5...

That just wouldn't work out.
    Well that's will happen IMO...because SAR can do a of a lot more things than Nazr can...and so can Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no, not the Spurs again. - every western conference team when they have to play the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question with GRobinson is can you get him for MLE type money for 2 or 3 seasons? I'd say he has about 2 to 3 worthwhile seasons left. He'd be a nice fit in SA, but you don't want to be stuck with him too long. The type of deal that Horry got seems pretty ideal for GRob.
    Agree...and I am beginning to think we can get Robinson on the cheap...

I haven't heard of any interest in him...and he didn't show much when the world was watching in the playoffs(but he showed it in the regular season)

See here's the thing...I think Robinson, Nazr and Shareef are all boys from their time in Atlanta...Isn't Nazr's jersey number a tribute to Big Dogg?

If you can't get him for that, I still think that Kukoc is a good guy to have at the end of the bench. He'd cost the min or LLE for a year or two at most.
    Why? Kukok is like 50 and he can't do anything as well as Robinson can..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another part of the MLE needs to go to Devin Brown as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's will happen IMO...because SAR can do a of a lot more things than Nazr can...and so can Duncan.
    Heh, I really don't think Duncan likes being a 5.... I think knowing that he has a Center backing him up helps his play.

I dislike Duncan being a Center more than SAR being on the team..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have Devin's early bird rights.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be the the start of an entirely new brand of Spurs basketball. Pop did say that Phoenix was the future of the game. Kind of ironic that the Suns are making moves toward the spurs' style while the Spurs look like they are moving toward them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would still be an elite defensive team with SAR in the starting lineup. Might slip a bit, but would gain offense as well.

I wouldn't mind that lineup at all. Actually I like it. A lot......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well as has been discussed...Duncan plays C all the freaking time for us, and does it as well as anyone in the game.... For some reason he just doesn't like being called a C...

I think Duncan likes winning les more than anything...and Pop is still going to call his favorite plays on offense...

And it's not for certain Nazr will come off the bench...it's true he sucked off the bench last season and for most of his career..he may not have anything to offer off the bench...but anyway...that's not the point...put SAR on the bench if you like then look at the lineup again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be the the start of an entirely new brand of Spurs basketball. Pop did say that Phoenix was the future of the game. Kind of ironic that the Suns are making moves toward the spurs' style while the Spurs look like they are moving toward them.
    That team could play in the half court just as well as this years...IMO, perhaps better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume by clutchest player in the game, you mean Horry?

jk of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the scary thought is the Spurs can still lock people up on the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team could play in the half court just as well as this years...IMO, perhaps better.
    If SARS is the starter and primary big man, it's a move away from the twin towers concept. I'm not saying they couldn't paly halfcourt -- SARS and Marshall = spacing. This team simply seems built to run as a matter of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone approximate the payroll for that team?

Spurs have a 43 million dollar payroll as we speak...before Parker's contract has kicked in...Devin resigned etc...Let's assume we just do a straight S&T of Rasho for SAR.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SARS is the starter and primary big man, it's a move away from the twin towers concept. I'm not saying they couldn't paly halfcourt -- SARS and Marshall = spacing. This team simply seems built to run as a matter of course.
    Well that's true, defensively there would be a drop off in the starting rotation(but a boost to our bench)...but offensively it would be a better half court team than this year...IMO...SAR and Big Dogg are half court players...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd probably still go ahead and still start Nazr.

But as I've stated, this team works better with a power forward that can provide spacing on the floor. SARS can do that and still score inside when needed.

Hopefully Pop has to make that decision next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could go well over $60 million.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team would be able to stretch a D like few teams in recent memory,....including the Suns and Mavs...even Duncan can stretch it... the only guy on the entire roster that can't shoot a 3 or from 20 feet out is Nazr..

And SAR and Bigg Dogg can both post up(Yes Bigg Dogg can and he can draw a double team doing it..he did once upon a time).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could go well over $60 million.
    How do you figure?

Thread Information